Looking for log book ....

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2006, 03:05 PM
David_Willson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for log book ....

Hi all,
having had my MY05 scooby for nearly a year I'm looking for the little "service history" book that should have come with my new car. Unfortunately I bought it through virgin cars who never supplied me with this.

Can anyone shed some light on where I can find one of these, I've emailed Subaru directly and they didn't even bother answering the email ....

Thx in advance,
D
Old 17 February 2006, 03:35 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

if you haven't found it by now then you're unlikely to in my opinion.

I'm guessing that it would have had it's 1000 mile service (hopefully) which would have been when the book was last used. Try and find out from Virgin where it was serviced as that's were the book's likely to have been left. Whether it's still there or not is another question though.

Personally without the service book showing that the 1000 mile service was done I would have sent the car back.

Rich
Old 17 February 2006, 03:43 PM
David_Willson
Scooby Newbie

Had the car from new so I know that its had the 1k service (i still have the receipt). Its booked n on Saturday to get the 10k service done and this has prompted me to renew my efforts in getting a service/log book. Having read some of the other questions regarding this it looks as though I might be out of luck though reckon there should be some sort of law regarding the supply of service/log books when you sell a car.
Old 17 February 2006, 05:20 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

I think what you're looking for is a combined "Warranty and Service booklet". This is what I got when buying from Motorpoint back in Jan 2005.

Do you know where Virgin sourced the car - Subaru UK, Malta or Cyprus ? I would then contact the Subaru source directly and ask them to send you a warranty and service booklet. No doubt they will ask for identification, maybe a copy of your V5 and VIN number etc.

The Warranty and Service booklet also verifies / establishes your 3 yr / 60,000 mile warranty and remember you'll also need to get your dealer to do the annual rustproof check-up to keep the 12 yr anti perforation warranty alive.

Also, I just had my wrx 10,000 mile annual service and rust check done in Jan at main dealer Ian Grieve Subaru, Falkirk - total cost £125. Another local dealer would have charged a FURTHER £125 for the rust check!

Happy to assist if you need any more info.

Tim.