ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Stolen Scooby! Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2006, 11:17 AM
Mark Malibu
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Stolen Scooby! Can anyone help?

Hello everyone. Firstly, please can I appologise that my first post on this forum is a sad and depressing one. I promise to be more cheery in future!

Unfortunatly when I went to get in my lovely car to go to work this morning, I discovered it missing! At first, I thought I must have parked it round the corner (the car parking in my area can be busy at times!). But when I remembered the joy of actually getting a space when I got home from work last night, I suddenly felt sick! Some **** has stolen my car. The Police have informed me I will 'get a phone call' if it turns up. I've been interrogated by my insurance company, and now I feel really fed up. I've had my car (An Imported silver WRX Wagon, N reg) for nearly a year now, and its the best car I had. I've even managed to talk my mate out of buying a Focus ST, and he is now looking to purchase a Scooby. I've noticed how many Scooby drivers acknowledge/wave and give me the thumbs up when I drive, which I always return as it's a nice feeling of 'community' and sharing a common love of the Scooby. So I thought I would tell my tale of doom and gloom, and ask if everyone could keep their eyes peeled for my stolen motor. Unfortunatly I cant seem to post a picture, so I'll give a brief description. It's a N reg Subaru Impreza Wagon (imported), registration N164EVV. Silver, with dark tinted windows. It's got a blue cloth interior, Sigma alarm/immoboliser (didn't really do the trick!), and a Sony Xpod stereo. Its done about 68,000, and was in need of a good clean. If anyone sees it anywhere, please could they let me know. The more eyes looking for it the more chance I have of getting it recovered. Thanks for reading this long sad message, and for any help anyone can give.

Mark
Old 08 March 2006, 11:26 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate

I'll keep a watch in central london
Old 08 March 2006, 12:57 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Pity you didn't have a tracker you might have been alerted to it being nicked
Old 08 March 2006, 01:04 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

hope you get it back unscathed

dread to think of what i'd feel in the same position!!

good luck.

ps: i'm interested to know, did you have any other visible deterrents on the car?
(wheel lock, crook lock etc...?) i know there's only so much you can do!!
Old 08 March 2006, 01:08 PM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

bad luck fella.

I do the daliy Henley/Reading/Sandhurst so will keep peeled as not a million miles from windsor.
Old 08 March 2006, 01:10 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Mark, hopefully it will have a happy outcome.

At least you've found Scoobynet now

Allan
Old 08 March 2006, 01:11 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

Mark

Got any piccies....there are quite a few "bandits" round this area....not that far from you...I'll keep an eye out
Old 08 March 2006, 02:34 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about that. I have been down there on and off for the last 10 years with work. Get a map, draw a line down the M4 west then south on the M25, east the M3 and then back up north the the M4. There is a very good chance its going to be in that box somewhere..
Old 08 March 2006, 04:07 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Question Maybe

Mark
Its just a thought......................are you sure it hasn't been towed by the police or Council
As you got home last night from work and it was probably dark, could you have parked across someones drive ? Or too close to a junction?

Its just a thought......................apologies if you have thought of this already

Kev
Old 08 March 2006, 06:15 PM
Mark Malibu
Scooby Newbie

Hi, and thanks for all the supportive replies. Unfortunatly the only visable deterrent on the car was the 'SIGMA' sticker on the window, and the little flashing red LED on the dash. I honestly didn't think someone would nick it, or go to all the trouble of getting past the alarm/immoboliser for a car worth approx £4500. I thought thieving little ***** only did that to expensive cars!! I suppose a Tracker would have been a good idea, or even a steering wheel lock. Isn't hindsight an annoying thing. Still at least I know for next time. It was definatly parked legally, in a car park just outside the house, so that rules out the council towing it away. So I'm resigned ti the fact that I proberbly wont see it again, or if I do, it wont be in the same condition as when I last saw it. Once again, many thanks for all the kind replies and offers to keep an eye out for it. Its very much appreciated.

Mark
Old 08 March 2006, 06:53 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Mark,

I live not to far away and work in Colnbrook. Can you email me with a picture of the car please. I would also suggest posting on Surrey Scoobies. http://www.surreyscoobies.co.uk/

I will keep an eye out for you . Hope you get some good news from this.

Steve
Old 08 March 2006, 08:29 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Wycombe and work in Slough. What area was this stolen from and do you have any photos?
Old 08 March 2006, 08:59 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

If you do have any photos then I'm certain someone here will be happy to put them up using photobucket. I hope it gets recovered without any damage.
Old 09 March 2006, 08:22 PM
Mark Malibu
Scooby Newbie

Hello everyone, and thanks again for the replies and the support.

Car was stolen from Dedworth, in Windsor. I've reported it on TWOC website, and added a picture!! Hopefully it will get recovered!! Otherwise I've got a 28 day wait until the insurance company decide how much they pay me. Don't suppose anyone knows a cheap car rental place in the Berkshire!!

Mark
Old 09 March 2006, 08:30 PM
CAT2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Horrible theiving scum. You have my sympathy. For what it's worth, I'll keep my eyes peeled around the Bristol area. Were any mods fitted to it? It might be worthwhile keeping an eye out in the private classified ads......
Old 09 March 2006, 08:46 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

can really sympathise with you mate, car wasnt taken but this morning discovered that some **** had stolen the front foglight covers last night

will keep an eye out for you
Old 09 March 2006, 08:50 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

http://www.twoc.co.uk/view_rec.htm?i...src=12364&pn=0
Old 09 March 2006, 11:24 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Sorry to read that fella

Eyes peeled in Sandhurst/Camberley and up the M3 to London.

Edited to say to flash it up on sidc.co.uk as well!
Old 11 March 2006, 02:39 PM
Mark Malibu
Scooby Newbie

Talking Stolen car Recovered

A big 'Thank You' to the Thames Valley Police, who found and recovered my car this morning!! It was found in Maidenhead, just down the road from me. Engine and body work all appears fine, but the ignition barrel's been ripped out, and they have cut and removed enough of the alarm/immobiliser to make it unusable. Only a few CD's were stolen from the glovebox, and they only used half a tank of petrol. But I'm really glad to have my car back. Many thanks to everyone how posted supportive replies , and to all those who have been keeping their eyes peeled . It has been very much appreciated.

Mark
Old 11 March 2006, 02:42 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Excellent news m8.
Old 11 March 2006, 04:21 PM
scogsywrx
Scooby Regular

nice1 mate.....
Old 12 March 2006, 11:34 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Malibu
A big 'Thank You' to the Thames Valley Police, who found and recovered my car this morning!! It was found in Maidenhead, just down the road from me. Engine and body work all appears fine, but the ignition barrel's been ripped out, and they have cut and removed enough of the alarm/immobiliser to make it unusable. Only a few CD's were stolen from the glovebox, and they only used half a tank of petrol. But I'm really glad to have my car back. Many thanks to everyone how posted supportive replies , and to all those who have been keeping their eyes peeled . It has been very much appreciated.

Mark
That's good news. I saw this car on the road yesterday going under junction 6 towards Slough from the relief road and I've just come back on to check the registration number.
Old 12 March 2006, 01:54 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Malibu

Mark
Nice one!

Pleased for ya!

Don't forget to buy a disklok as well as getting the alarm fixed!
Old 12 March 2006, 03:33 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Thats a helpul comment

Originally Posted by HOWY
Pity you didn't have a tracker you might have been alerted to it being nicked