what should i look out for !!

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2006, 04:56 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i look out for !!

ok im new to scoobys !!

But im going to pick my first scooby up on saturday its an 1995 m reg wrx sti (just imported)its gun metal gray with only 39k on the clocks now iv had a look around this site and you all seem friendly and helpfully so i thought id ask what i really need to look out for before i hand over any cash!! i know to look for all body work lining up and things like that but are there things that really need lookin at carefully??

all advice is welcome and im sorry that my post has no grammer or punctuation but im unable to do this due to being crap with any thing like that
Old 09 March 2006, 05:05 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

I know which one that is, that's the one that's been kitted out to look like a version 5 You're brave going for one that's had so much work done to it

Not only do you want to look for the usual things such as body work not lining up, any hints of rust or bubbling in the paint, a smoking exhaust, funny engine noises etc, but you also want to be 100% sure all that work has been done properly. Make sure there is paperwork to back up the engine change and mileage.

To be honest I'd take a mechanic along if you can find one - there's been so much done to that car it will take an expert to be sure it's done well. i'd be a bit worried it was accident damaged before someone decided to do all that work, but there's no counting for the things they do in Japan!!!
Old 09 March 2006, 05:05 PM
Lee 2.0T
Scooby Regular

Well mate... if it goes like the nuts... then buy it...hehe

Just kidding..

Well if you dont know much about cars best thing to do is take some with you who does... Ideally a mechanic if you know one....

oh and if your gonna test drive it.. make sure you give it a good drive...not just a 5 minute nip around the block...

other than the basics.. is might be hard if you dont know what your looking for...

Does it have a full service History and how many owners.. you might be able to tell if its been ragged or not...

Any way.. hope its a nice one mate....and welcome to the World of Scoobies
Old 09 March 2006, 05:10 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

im pritty well clued up on cars and engines so im hoping that should pay off hoping to take my dad along aswell?! should i be worried that its had a lot of work done to it? when you say take it for a drive do you mean a good 20min drive with a dual carriage way run aswell?
Old 09 March 2006, 05:29 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

The work itself isn't a problem, it's the quality of the work that's been done. It certainly looks good on the advert but you need to give it a really good going over to be sure
Old 09 March 2006, 05:47 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

From reading previous posts I would avoid anyone selling it from a base in Bradford !!
Old 09 March 2006, 06:32 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

this car is from sum were in high wickem cant remember what they are called