ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

scooby shootout

Search this Thread

Old 14 March 2006, 09:52 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby shootout

Has anybody been to one of these events before (sure they have).
I only live about an hour from York and am thinking about going.
I have never been to a scooby meet before and this sounds like an event not to be missed.
However, i cant see myself tearing down the strip, purely a spectator
Nik
Old 14 March 2006, 10:21 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nik,

This event is not just about taking your car down the strip (albeit this specific content allows people to take part should they wish). It is also about the whole community getting together, and above all having a really good day with plenty of things to see concerning anything Subaru related.

I can't wait..... even though I may have several heart attacks on the day!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 15 March 2006, 11:22 AM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Nik,

It can be a thoroughly good day out. The event is very informal compared with other types of motorsport with competitors giving you the time of day talking through what they have done to their cars (although you need to appreciate when they are either busy repairing/modifying or preparing to take their next run.

As Shaun said above it is also a chance to meet other like-minded owners.

Who knows, you may get the bug as well - there are plenty of RWYB (Run What You Brung) days at Elvington (or even at tracks nearby) and you don't need to have a 400-500bhp monster to compete - although I'm sure some will tell you it helps!!!

Nigel
Old 15 March 2006, 12:37 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Thats it, me and my son are there.
He is mad keen on anything Subaru so no doubt any trade stands will take a hammering. His collection of all things scoob needs some additions.
Best of all, he gets in free

Originally Posted by webmaster
Nik,

This event is not just about taking your car down the strip (albeit this specific content allows people to take part should they wish). It is also about the whole community getting together, and above all having a really good day with plenty of things to see concerning anything Subaru related.

I can't wait..... even though I may have several heart attacks on the day!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 15 March 2006, 01:35 PM
Awd Chaddy
Scooby Regular

Nik

Make the most of it and let your son bring a friend - I do. A by-product is instant street cred with his mates!!!!!

Nigel
Old 15 March 2006, 09:02 PM
chrisT.O.T.B.
Scooby Regular

main point to note is of course that anyone, with any spec of scooby can enter and not be embarassed, especially if they havent drag raced before. the timing light tree system will be explained at the briefing to anyone who needs it.
the handling cct speaks for itself, launch then left right left etc, cross the line to stop the clock and bobs yer uncle

the 1/4m drag will have a lowest class of 14.3s or 14.5s bracket, which means that most bog std cars will be capable of around that time without breaking out. if you go quicker than that time, you auto move up to the next class, so you will eventually end up on the day competing against similar spec/power cars. there will be a trophy/prize for each class, so everyone has something to aim for.