ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

need advice please

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2006, 05:49 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice please

guys need some new front and rear disks and pads, i am aware that the standard subaru ones are not the best, i have some uprated ones on there but not sure what as they were on there when i brought the car, can anyone recommend some where a link or a brand that they use that are happy with. i am not after spending a fortune and want some thing that will last and not burn out on me in a short amount of time, i uses the car for everyday driving not track use so i do not need them to have to handle lots of hard abuse

any help would be great

steve
Old 15 March 2006, 06:08 PM
dabow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
guys need some new front and rear disks and pads, i am aware that the standard subaru ones are not the best, i have some uprated ones on there but not sure what as they were on there when i brought the car, can anyone recommend some where a link or a brand that they use that are happy with. i am not after spending a fortune and want some thing that will last and not burn out on me in a short amount of time, i uses the car for everyday driving not track use so i do not need them to have to handle lots of hard abuse

any help would be great

steve
i think really, if you get just a set of grooved disks any make and the standard pads, thay will be a little better but thay will last longer in the long run. all the sports pads ect dont last as long. you carnt have it both ways. i can go though red/green stuff pads in 6 months. where as the other standard pads last a little longer, but arnt as good with there stopping power. the cooler you keep when braking the better your braking will be..
Old 15 March 2006, 09:27 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I had Black Diamond grooved discs and greenstuff pads. They worked pretty good togethor!!