More expense............

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2006, 01:40 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More expense............

Bloody kids

Sitting lastnight watching tv about 6:30pm and I heard the car alarm go off, so straight out and I noticed a football in the garden so knew that it had hit the car, went outside and the kids had done a runner, wondered why until I started looking around the car and then seen it...............the mark from the football and a crack down the middle of the windscreen!!

My neighbours kid seen a couple of teenagers run past him at the same time it happened and gave a description, but we won't find who done it and I don't think they are going to come back round here in a hurry, called the police but it can only be put down as accidental damage.

So we are left to foot the bill, phoned insurance company who says someone from Autoglass will be round on Monday , so we can't use the car until after monday, just what we flippin needed right now, bloody easter holidays, could have guessed something would happen round here.
Old 12 April 2006, 01:42 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats bad m8 when my windscreen went Autoglass was round within 2 hours. If i was u i'd get back onto the insurance and tell them u want it done bofore monday
Old 12 April 2006, 01:49 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Well it was Autoglass that said that if it was to be done quicker than Monday then we would have to travel to the nearest Autoglass place which is York and we can't drive with a proper crack like we have, it is unsafe, when the police came round lastnight he said we will get pulled and he's already given us 14 days to get it repaired by but he said it needs done now. I mean we need to use the car, do they think we have no commitments and nothing to do but wait for them.
Hubby's on the phone again right now seeing if we can get it done straight away.
Old 12 April 2006, 02:03 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

The quickest we can get it done is Sunday now, because someone in York with a wrx aswell has smashed their windscreen today, so they have got our glass and we have been put on order.

Anyone on here that has a smashed windscreen in York today??

So we have to cancel everything we had to do because of being on order, I thought no matter what that there was glass in at places to be fitted straight away.
Old 12 April 2006, 02:33 PM
*AL*
Scooby Regular

Glad i'm not the only person to suffer the dreaded football!!.........Kids on holiday= flippin footballs! I must be getting old!
Old 12 April 2006, 02:35 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

not me julz. bad luck that.
Old 12 April 2006, 02:37 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

No footballs for me but last weekend i had someone open there door onto my back door.Huge dent and missing paint. £210 to sort that!! Its just not fair! None of us would care if we had crappy old bangers!!

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2006, 03:06 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
No footballs for me but last weekend i had someone open there door onto my back door.Huge dent and missing paint. £210 to sort that!! Its just not fair! None of us would care if we had crappy old bangers!!

Thats the trouble m8 - no respect these days
Old 12 April 2006, 03:09 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't they get one of the mobile Autoglass vans to come to you like they did for me ? All they gotta do surely is phone around and find one of them with a WRX screen then get him to come to u
Old 12 April 2006, 03:20 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Nope, apparently noone has the windscreen we need so they have to order one in, meaning now Sunday instead of Monday we can get it done.
Tw@ts
Old 12 April 2006, 03:56 PM
gingerboy
Scooby Regular

Have you tried other windscreen suppliers???? Surely somebody else must have one and the majority of windscreen providers can handle the insurance side of things.

When my scoob was in that situation they had a choice of 3 suppliers.

Good luck and sorry to hear you are stranded at the mo.

Regards

GB
Old 12 April 2006, 05:22 PM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't worry too much about driving it unless it's in your field of view & you can't see out of it. Only thing that will happen is the crack may get bigger, can't cave in on you....Drove my van for about 6 weeks after hitting a wandering tree branch & all was fine. I see it all the time people with large cracks driving until the MOT is due then changing them.

Dave (Autoglass Fitter)
Old 12 April 2006, 05:30 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

We don't want to chance it just incase it comes in, we have a child aswell and I don't want it coming in and her getting a faceful of glass, plus we can't be arsed with maybes getting pulled by the coppers, so we'll wait til Sunday, just means we're a few days behind with things, we are moving between now and 3 weeks time so we've just put stuff on hold, suppose we get some rest anyways if nothing else.
Got good news today that we are both going to have guarenteed jobs when we move though so it's looking brighter on that side.
Old 12 April 2006, 07:53 PM
Phil555
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Tell me about it!!! Bit of a pi**er. I've just had to fork out £200 for a new wheel and tyre thanks to a GRAND CANYON pot hole in the road where i live. Photos have been taken and a nice letter to the local council.

Phil.
Old 12 April 2006, 07:58 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

It really pees you off doesn't it, try and keep your car nice and someone else or something else spoils it and you are left to foot the bill.
We've had good news, then bad news, then even more crap happening before getting anything good again, but I think everything is starting to get in to place now, thank god, got a house to move to, jobs etc so it's looking better, just hoping the car isn't going to have anymore probs, fingers crossed.