ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Nearly buying an Impreza WRX Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2006, 08:59 PM
mrdmoore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nearly buying an Impreza WRX Wagon

Right, I've seen a dark blue WRX Wagon (estate), x plate 79000 miles with full service history, good condition. It has been chipped by a guy in Plymouth and then tuned with a new Stainless exhaust.
Quick question, do they all sound loud under normall driving or could it be just this exhaust? the price is £6995 which seems about right, got to let the guy know tomorrow,
Old 18 April 2006, 09:36 PM
hot-impreza
Scooby Regular

hi m8 ive just brought a wrx wagon on a w 41,000 miles full subaru service history oil changed every 4,000 miles by subaru uk car as well in mica red so ive been told for £6,200 and its the clasic shape its got a few stone chips on the front but apart from that its mint but if you think its worth it go for it m8,and mine is totally standard not to sure about your noise though good look if you buy it
Old 18 April 2006, 11:38 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrdmoore
Right, I've seen a dark blue WRX Wagon (estate), x plate 79000 miles with full service history, good condition. It has been chipped by a guy in Plymouth and then tuned with a new Stainless exhaust.
Quick question, do they all sound loud under normall driving or could it be just this exhaust? the price is £6995 which seems about right, got to let the guy know tomorrow,
New back box can make a noticable difference to the sound of your scoob but I'd guess that if it's very noisy and it's had a new exhaust and been "chipped" it may have had the Catalytic convertors removed (deCatted).
This is one of the main reasons for having the ECU re-mapped or chipped (ECUTEK3), to make the most of the decat.

Suggest you check if it has been decatted, as they won't pass MoT emissions tests, so you may need to source a spare standard centre section and back box for the mot.

Best I can do at this time of night..
Old 20 April 2006, 07:25 PM
mrdmoore
Scooby Regular

Default Signing tomorrow

Hi, Have seen it, driven it properly. Good car I think. it's coming from a dealer with new MOT on it so that decat thing should be found if it is. Simple question to those that know, what is the difference between a Impreza 2000 Turbo AWD and a WRX version.
Old 20 April 2006, 07:30 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

The price seems a little high to me to be honest.

I own a WRX wagon and the exhaust is slightly louder inside than the saloon
because of the open backed design.

That said ,it is a far more practical car with the added stealth element.

Rob