ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

hi newbie here look for advice

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2006, 10:05 PM
Steven-Sti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hi newbie here look for advice

Hi everyone great site, right i am looking to buy a scooby for about the 16k tops a friend of mine is selling his its 53plate wrx uk but he says it has the wheels spoiler zort on it so it looks the like the sti model, i have been on the site for months just reading but i though i may join up now as i am gonna buy one now, could someone tell what's difference between as wrx an wrx sti if i am right in saying that the 2 models ?
Old 22 April 2006, 10:48 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Sti gets uprated engine internals such as nitride crank and sodium filled valves making it better for coping with more power. It has a slightly bigger turbo. 6sp 'box, faster steering rack, suretrack diff making it more adjustable mid-bend. Bigger intercooler and scoop, corner aero splitters, different sills and the big rear wing. Lovely 2 tone black with blue alcantara interior with alloy gear surround and shift change light/buzzer.

£16k should get you a nice 03-04 STi with PPP and maybe some other nice goodies such as springs, wheels etc. You may also find some 05 EU imports which benefit from the revised Spec C suspension geometry and possibly DCCD-A (adjustable centre diff.) You could also look at brand new 06 2.5l WRX's from the likes of Alliance and Litchfield Imports.

Your mates WRX is worth IRO £11k, or £12k with PPP IMHO. If you bought that you could plough the difference into some serious power and handling mods.

HTH, and welcome to SNet
Old 24 April 2006, 01:28 PM
Steven-Sti
Scooby Newbie

cheers thanks, my mate said he wants about 15half for his causr it has a sounds an tv/dvd in the cause off the extras he spent on it, i thought that was dear so i though i would ask u guys
Old 24 April 2006, 04:25 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Your mates mods aren't worth $h!t on the secondhand market I'm afraid. My car is 1 year older and has had limited interest from people who don't appreciate (except one guy who lost his job before he could buy it ) how astonishingly good I have made it. They all offered the same cash as you would pay for a standard car, and mine is far from standard. Your mate is dreaming when you can get brand spanking for £15.5k, or a much higher spec'd car. Any decent mods may make it a slightly more appealing prospect to an enthusiast whom wants those specific mods, but most want to do their own thing and will either strip them or buy another car in standard trim for less. Mr G. Public doesn't want a modified car, full stop.
Old 24 April 2006, 06:15 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Just buy a new EU import for that money!
Originally Posted by Steven-Sti
Hi everyone great site, right i am looking to buy a scooby for about the 16k tops a friend of mine is selling his its 53plate wrx uk but he says it has the wheels spoiler zort on it so it looks the like the sti model, i have been on the site for months just reading but i though i may join up now as i am gonna buy one now, could someone tell what's difference between as wrx an wrx sti if i am right in saying that the 2 models ?
Old 24 April 2006, 06:25 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

corradoboy is spot on you can get a good jdm sti for 16k or go to the dark side and get an evo
Old 24 April 2006, 06:57 PM
charshaun
Scooby Regular

i can sort you out a mint p1 for 13k!! 20,000 on the clock totaly standard and totaly mint!!

Trending Topics

Old 24 April 2006, 09:18 PM
Steven-Sti
Scooby Newbie

cheers i am like the wrx-sti i am just new so i aint to sure what spec is what but i LOVE the sound from a scooby is superb, i was lookin at the evo's but i have always wanted an scooby so may aswell live the dream of havin one, i do like the p1 brill car i guy i know has one f**k me it's fast
Old 24 April 2006, 09:28 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steven-Sti
cheers i am like the wrx-sti i am just new so i aint to sure what spec is what but i LOVE the sound from a scooby is superb, i was lookin at the evo's but i have always wanted an scooby so may aswell live the dream of havin one, i do like the p1 brill car i guy i know has one f**k me it's fast
are you drunk........