ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What is a VIC check?

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2006, 01:22 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is a VIC check?

I've seen a car on e-bay, it's for sale from a salvage yard as it's a Class C salvage.

In the write up it says that the car is subject to a VIC check once repaired at a cost of £36.00.

I take it thats just to shown the work has been completed to a roadworthy level?

Can anyone help?

Ta
Old 28 April 2006, 02:24 AM
moveover
Scooby Regular

Vehicle Identity Check.

Basically it's to confirm it's identity as per docs etc.
Old 29 April 2006, 04:51 PM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

You need to find your nearest vosa testing station for the vehicle to be inspected before you get a log book,Its to check the vehicle identity and road worthy,after damage repaired,This will also be stated on the new log book permanant as a cat c repaired or cat c damage,go to post office or visit on line for documentation as you need to book a date for this and pay in advance,Takes about forty mins.
Old 29 April 2006, 05:23 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

It might be a daft question but what happens to the other log book the owner had before it was a cat c write off??
Old 29 April 2006, 07:07 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by stewby2202
You need to find your nearest vosa testing station for the vehicle to be inspected before you get a log book,Its to check the vehicle identity and road worthy,after damage repaired,This will also be stated on the new log book permanant as a cat c repaired or cat c damage,go to post office or visit on line for documentation as you need to book a date for this and pay in advance,Takes about forty mins.
Thanks for your answer, it makes a lot more sense now

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
It might be a daft question but what happens to the other log book the owner had before it was a cat c write off??
That would have probably gone to the insurance company when they paid out on the car
Old 29 April 2006, 09:14 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

the thing is my car was a cat c write off the other persons insurance company has sold my car and still saying it was my fault im now taking the other person to court but obviously i still have the log book for it and i dont know where the car is bit confusing really
Old 29 April 2006, 10:17 PM
stewby2202
Scooby Regular

If this matter has not been settled yet you are still the legal owner of the car so you should contact the other persons insurance co to find out what has happened to the vehicle,If you were legally insured and no blame as been assesed as yewt the vehicles should still be available for collection,If you find that the other persons insurance co as sold the vehicle as salvage or spares you are within your rights to sue them through your own insurance co or contact a solicitor,Good luck mate
Old 29 April 2006, 10:24 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Originally Posted by Adidas
I've seen a car on e-bay, it's for sale from a salvage yard as it's a Class C salvage.

In the write up it says that the car is subject to a VIC check once repaired at a cost of £36.00.

I take it thats just to shown the work has been completed to a roadworthy level?

Can anyone help?

Ta

I'd ask a decent Copper

Old 29 April 2006, 11:51 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stewby2202
If this matter has not been settled yet you are still the legal owner of the car so you should contact the other persons insurance co to find out what has happened to the vehicle,If you were legally insured and no blame as been assesed as yewt the vehicles should still be available for collection,If you find that the other persons insurance co as sold the vehicle as salvage or spares you are within your rights to sue them through your own insurance co or contact a solicitor,Good luck mate
The other driver admitted fault at the accident to the police but is making no attempt to make it easy on herself as im waiting for it to go to court, and the insurance company wont comment on why they sold my car even though i left it in universal salvage in deeside coz it was still evidence. It was only thanks to SN that i found out my car had been sold with the link to the RAC website about tracing old cars!! Im now hoping to get more money than what it was estimated it was worth coz of all the hassle im getting. I can only hope