ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

With regards to the PsLewis dead post yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2006, 04:41 PM
disrupta
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With regards to the PsLewis dead post yesterday

Well i recived a pm from a mr reee stating he was clearing up Pslewis inbox as he had passed away, he saw that a week or so ago we had argued and i think basically he was trying to make me feel bad as Pete had just died.
Thats the way it came across anyway, i then asked him to prove it by calling me provided him with my mobile number to which a elderly sounding gentlemen did call, to confirm on here.
I then made my post, i thought it was all strange aswell, looks like i was suckered right into someones laugh.
Old 28 April 2006, 04:44 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Old 28 April 2006, 04:49 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

mr ree and pslewis are one and the same mate
Old 28 April 2006, 04:49 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

sounds like something from fawlty towers, basil explaining why his wife cant come to her party !!!
Old 28 April 2006, 04:52 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

This all sounds a bit fishy...

...that's if it's possible for something to sound fishy
Old 28 April 2006, 05:03 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Maybe disrupta, pslewis and mr ree are all the same person? i suspect that pete and his mates probably make up about 20% of the users on SN. Really something should be done to stop this sort of thing happening as it is unreasonable to make statements about people dropping dead and it is to be expected that some action will be taken, especially in terms of logging IP addresses of the various users who post to determine the exact situation. Disrupta may have made a genuine mistake, or he might be pete but if the admin was to start logging IP addresses and building up a picture of what was going on then it might stop such things and it might also stop the general disruption of this site that we see on an almost daily basis.
Old 28 April 2006, 05:17 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Maybe disrupta, pslewis and mr ree are all the same person? i suspect that pete and his mates probably make up about 20% of the users on SN. Really something should be done to stop this sort of thing happening as it is unreasonable to make statements about people dropping dead and it is to be expected that some action will be taken, especially in terms of logging IP addresses of the various users who post to determine the exact situation. Disrupta may have made a genuine mistake, or he might be pete but if the admin was to start logging IP addresses and building up a picture of what was going on then it might stop such things and it might also stop the general disruption of this site that we see on an almost daily basis.
That's what I was getting at and agree with you fully
Old 28 April 2006, 07:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I absolutely agree that IP Addresses should be logged and blocked on multiple usernames - would end the ridiculous, childish activities we are seeing here!

I can assure you that I have 2 names on here - and two ONLY. I had nothing to do with any sick posting on my death - it's an unforgivable thing to do ........ the actions of a very sick mind and completely out of order.

Thats all I will say on the matter - the starter of this thread misjudged what they posted about my death, it did not go down as funny or clever .... it backfired in their face and now they try and salvage something here

Like I said - I have 2 names, never ever had any more ...

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 07:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

so what are they pete, pslewis and mrree?
Old 28 April 2006, 07:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I have two ..... and one is NOT disrupta!

My names hardly matter in this case ... what matters is that some sick persons posts up my death - one of my relatives/friends could have read it!!!! SICK!

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 07:24 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I absolutely agree that IP Addresses should be logged and blocked on multiple usernames - would end the ridiculous, childish activities we are seeing here!

I can assure you that I have 2 names on here - and two ONLY. I had nothing to do with any sick posting on my death - it's an unforgivable thing to do ........ the actions of a very sick mind and completely out of order.

Thats all I will say on the matter - the starter of this thread misjudged what they posted about my death, it did not go down as funny or clever .... it backfired in their face and now they try and salvage something here

Pete
You're a hard man to trust Mr Lewis
Old 28 April 2006, 07:28 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Glad to here you are alive again Pete!!
Old 28 April 2006, 07:29 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

pete, the problem is you've dug a greet big hole for yourself with all you pranks, false usernames and winding up.

i agree 100% posting about someones death when they havn't, even being a joke, is bang out of order, the problem is people think its you doing the winding up again
Old 28 April 2006, 07:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
You're a hard man to trust Mr Lewis
It doesn't actually worry or bother me whether you believe what I say here or not .............. it can be proved by IP Address analysis and I think it should be done and made public who disrupta actually is!!!

Announcing someones death is simply SICK when it is done with malicious intent and whoever is hiding behind the name disrupta should be exposed and banned!!!

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 07:32 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
pete, the problem is you've dug a greet big hole for yourself with all you pranks, false usernames and winding up.

i agree 100% posting about someones death when they havn't, even being a joke, is bang out of order, the problem is people think its you doing the winding up again
Number 1 - I have said I have TWO names ..............

Number 2 - Wind-ups, yes, fine .... no-one has to get wound up?

Number 3 - 100% agree that the stating of someones death IS bang out of order and the poster should be exposed and banned ....... naming them would be a start (such a weak individual hiding behind another name for something so despicable!)

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 07:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

1, mmmmm not sure about that one lol

2, yeah admit most of the time tis funny but sometime you do go a bit far.

3, perhaps ment as a joke and just bad taste, sure person who said it will, after seeing this thread, wont do it again
Old 28 April 2006, 08:19 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

pot kettle and black...

glass houses and stones

crying wolf...

Mart
Old 28 April 2006, 08:29 PM
Daniel-S
Scooby Regular

Was a tad off i'll admit
Old 28 April 2006, 08:38 PM
Crosstalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete
Hey Pete, welcome back (although you never actually went anywhere)! I have to say that whenever you post, you invariably say what I'm thinking anyway. I too have no time for bleating about getting done for speeding, constant concern over whether one's highly tuned engine is going to give up the ghost and over-precious servicing notions - like the engine's made of tissue paper...
Old 28 April 2006, 08:47 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Everyone knows Pete is a god - and therefore he is immortal.

I think as Pete said, someone has realised its backfired and trying to furiously backpedal. Can we have a 'Petes alive' post then.

If it werent for Pete - I'd be bored ****less. I'll always remember his impreza oil change post where anything you did to the car resulted in engine going bang LOL!!
Old 28 April 2006, 09:37 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Crosstalk
Hey Pete, welcome back (although you never actually went anywhere)! I have to say that whenever you post, you invariably say what I'm thinking anyway. I too have no time for bleating about getting done for speeding, constant concern over whether one's highly tuned engine is going to give up the ghost and over-precious servicing notions - like the engine's made of tissue paper...
You joined the same time as disputa and have a very low number of posts for a user of nearly a year. Maybe all this is genuine, maybe it isn't, but there is no question that there is something odd going on that needs addressed. Somebody is screwing the other users of this forum around and the webmaster needs to stop it if he isn't to lose all his users. At the minute it is looking like the genuine unique users are in the minority.
Old 28 April 2006, 10:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
You joined the same time as disputa and have a very low number of posts for a user of nearly a year.
73 posts versus 12 for disrupta ..... not the same at all.

73 posts in a year is unusual for the regulars but quite normal ... 12 posts (most of which have been used to cause distress) is not normal and is a clear case of someone more well known using it to hide behind like the brave weasel he is!

I agree that 1 username per IP Address should be the order of the day - like I said, I have 2.

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 10:34 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

agree that 1 username per IP Address should be the order of the day
I wish everyone would stop talking bollox about IP addresses. Limiting 1 username per IP address would limit many large corporates and other private networks that are hidden behind firewalls to only 1 active S'net user.
Old 28 April 2006, 10:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Do you have any suggestion, then, how we stop spineless weasels hiding behind multiple usernames to cause distress??

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 10:43 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wrxlewisour newest member
Old 28 April 2006, 10:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
our newest member
Seems like you foooked that up good and proper!!!

The link was there to MY username .... with YOU calling it wrxlewis - what are you up to? You have now edited your post.

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 10:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wrxlewisour newest member
Looks okay to me?
Old 28 April 2006, 10:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Looks okay to me?
You appear to be fooking about with names .... making them look like something they are not.

Would you know anything about the disgraceful behaviour of disrupta, by any chance??

Pete
Old 28 April 2006, 11:19 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Not funny, whoever did it.
Pete, I like you
Old 28 April 2006, 11:22 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It's about the most childish thing I've ever seen. Whoever it is should really be ashamed and is almost definitely what people would describe as a chav.

Quick Reply: With regards to the PsLewis dead post yesterday