Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool cheers is the turbo in an import differeny from an uk car
is the td05 a good turbo
Old 17 May 2006, 09:23 PM
wrxtreme96
Scooby Regular

My car is a black import so if as your name suggests or implies we could have very similar cars...mines a N reg 96 as listed or registered by DVLA.. but probably left the factory in 1995 !!!

The turbo fitted on our cars is the TD05 which is a well respected turbo having good spool up characteristics and able to hold boost at high revs... The later turbos fitted to newer cars are not the td05 but a ihi or vf models which some tuners say spool up quickly althouh are not as good higher up the rev range... although someone on here will quickly correct me so only offering chat NOT real supporting knowledge !!!! ahahhhaaaaaaa

the td05 is capable of supporting around 340bhp...so plenty of power if you are running fairly standard or even if wanting to upgrade power wise...

Try a search on here for td05 or check out Andy Forrest's website he has some info on turbos and their characteristics.....

Last edited by wrxtreme96; 17 May 2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 18 May 2006, 04:43 PM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

cheers buddy yeah sounds like we have similiar cars mine is a 95 m reg what power u got giong through urs what have u done to ur car
Old 18 May 2006, 07:30 PM
wrxtreme96
Scooby Regular

Had the car around 2 years now and bought it from an enthusiast off SIDC. The previous owner had got things pretty much sorted doing what is commonly thought of as the first few mods...?

Straight through exhaust..5 inch jap style rear can...full decat, uprated fuel pump and FSE power boost fuel regulator, tints, clear side repeaters, jewelled indicators and chav style rear clusters...Well I love em !!! 18 inch gold prodrive Oz racing alloys 215,35,18's. Body kitincludes sills, corner pods and front splitter ( although front splitter not been refitted since removing front bumper for fmic !!!).

More recently I have fitted redstuff ceramic pads front and back with ebc grooved and spotted disc front and rear...got them off a group buy on here..

Body wise had a few dents removed and some respraying done still full of dings but then BLACK seems to reflect everything !!

Last couple of months fitted a FMIC bought direct from Japan, forge dump valve., quickshft stainless steel air induction, replaced the HKS had fitted since pipe work was in the way !!

Within the last month or so RCM lightened pulleys..( search for woodruff key replacement)

Not sure about power since never been rolling roaded but nice and quick....

what about you bud..?

Last edited by wrxtreme96; 18 May 2006 at 07:40 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 19 May 2006, 11:43 PM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

thats a nice car buddy bought mine about a year ago. It is a zero sports wrx car had a full engine re build in 2003 since i have had it cause it was almost totally standard i have put new plugs and coil packs new dump valve
have de cated the centre pipe with magnex pipe and back box. Replaced the brakes disc to grooved and vented black diamond discs all round with predator pads and a itg panel filter, a set of 17"ace 205 wheels, windows have a slight black tint slighytly darker at back ,
has recently had two new front drive shafts and cv joints with a new suspension coming soon. car runs a peak of 1.2bar settleing at 1.1

new apexi ecu coming soon to replace the zero sports one asthis is a bit aggresive for our 97 fuel got lot of plans for it just need to find time and money to do them

does ur front mount intercooler make a difference

where do u shop for ur new parts
Old 20 May 2006, 12:16 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wagon or saloon?

Tony
Old 20 May 2006, 09:30 AM
wrxtreme96
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
wagon or saloon?

Tony
Good point Tony.... assumed saloon since no mention of ..oh yes similar cars but I've got a wagon...?

Great sounding spec..think we've almost got our own post going here..nothing to do with the original TURBO question but what the hec...?

You'll have to keep me updated with the progress especially on the apexi unit since been thinking about this as the next stage....

FLAME PROOF suit fitted....

Following the fitting of the FMIC the car runs the same as it did before no boost spikes or noticeable changes in power or revs ect..
HOWEVER in order to get the best gains and of course for engine SAFETY the car really should be remapped... I think then the new set up would really come alive.. especialy when you consider the original small slanty type intercooler that was fitted !!!

Post a pic of your car bud...perhaps the turbo so no-one starts whinging that this post is off track....

hahahaaaa
Old 20 May 2006, 05:23 PM
95blackWRX
Scooby Regular

ok no bother dont have a pic of car the now will take one and post it on. And it is a saloon. What u got planned for ur casr next u going for a apexi unit and re mapp
Old 22 May 2006, 08:13 PM
wrxtreme96
Scooby Regular

Always a difficult one..cos a part of me says STOP spending and the other part of me says SPEND SPEND SPEND !!! Hahahahaaaaa !!! Oh sorry NO got that wrong...
it's the wife who says stop spending !!

The main issue with the ecu/apexi is the overall cost... Fitting the fmic was great fun..did it myself so really saved a ton of cash whereas the apexi would need remapping professionally and of course would be thinking Andy F...we all know the prices and such a big outlay all in one go... BUT of course would be a BIG step up in power and performance...

Need to get the front splitter back on and then maybe sort out the front grill... don't really like the one that is fitted...

What about you bud... TURBO...???