ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

STi 06 UK Spec-D - anyone

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2006, 11:38 PM
svennard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi 06 UK Spec-D - anyone

Just wondered if anyone out there has got one?

I picked mine up 3 weeks ago and I'm really pleased with it - PPP next Tues..

I know the're limited to 300, but feeling a little lonely on here at the moment

If anyone has got one, please tell me how to set the stereo up.. talk about complicated

Sven
Old 18 May 2006, 09:32 AM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by svennard
Just wondered if anyone out there has got one?

I picked mine up 3 weeks ago and I'm really pleased with it - PPP next Tues..

I know the're limited to 300, but feeling a little lonely on here at the moment

If anyone has got one, please tell me how to set the stereo up.. talk about complicated

Sven
I have a MY06 WRX with PPP but my friendly dealer is already tempting me with an STI D spec. The PPP makes a big difference so your STI must fly. With the stereo I suggest a night in (the car) with the handbook or drop in to the dealer and get him to show you!
Old 18 May 2006, 09:36 AM
Zip Boing Arial Whoop
Scooby Regular

I Didn't know these were limited to 300!

Had a look when I was in my dealer the other day, must say its a nicer car than the standard sti. but I can't help feeling the aftermarket Satnav and stereo look a bit out of place in a £28K car.

Don't mean to offend, just my opinion..
Old 22 May 2006, 04:59 PM
svennard
Scooby Regular

Can't really disagree too much - the stereo looks a bit naff to be honest- but its good to have the ipod facility. On a stereo like this you should be able to change the background color to match the dash - that would be a big inprovement. But its okay and you can live with it.

The leather seats are not heated, which I find daft - the dealer may say they are - they definately are NOT.

Got to say though, the Sat Nav is great (having come from Tom Tom) and works really well as a 'factory fit' item (although still a bit of an after thought item) Speed Safe is well worth the *quid a month - saved me from a few speed cameras already!

Yep, only 300 STi Spec D's so get one while you can I suggest!

Bit racked off today though - I booked mine in last week for the PPP which was due to be fitted tomorrow (tues 23rd) - I've just had a call from the dealership to say that the ECU has a delay - about 10 days!! not happy at all about this - I booked leave especially for this and all I get few hours notice from the dealership, after its been booked for a week?!

Can't say I've been that impressed with my dealership, so I've emailed Mike Wood at Prodrive to clarify that the delay is with Prodrive, and not the dealership dragging their feet!
Old 22 May 2006, 05:31 PM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by svennard
Can't really disagree too much - the stereo looks a bit naff to be honest- but its good to have the ipod facility. On a stereo like this you should be able to change the background color to match the dash - that would be a big inprovement. But its okay and you can live with it.

The leather seats are not heated, which I find daft - the dealer may say they are - they definately are NOT.

Got to say though, the Sat Nav is great (having come from Tom Tom) and works really well as a 'factory fit' item (although still a bit of an after thought item) Speed Safe is well worth the *quid a month - saved me from a few speed cameras already!

Yep, only 300 STi Spec D's so get one while you can I suggest!

Bit racked off today though - I booked mine in last week for the PPP which was due to be fitted tomorrow (tues 23rd) - I've just had a call from the dealership to say that the ECU has a delay - about 10 days!! not happy at all about this - I booked leave especially for this and all I get few hours notice from the dealership, after its been booked for a week?!

Can't say I've been that impressed with my dealership, so I've emailed Mike Wood at Prodrive to clarify that the delay is with Prodrive, and not the dealership dragging their feet!
Different car, I know but my WRX SL does have heated leather seats
Old 22 May 2006, 06:50 PM
svennard
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I checked the SL and it does have heated seats.

Just find it had to understand why they haven't included heated seats with the leather in a £28k + car - madness!