Need advice on WRX STI type UK 7

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2006, 07:32 AM
Snoops
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on WRX STI type UK 7

Hello

have spotted a lovely black STI type UK 7 with Prodrive kit on a 02 with 30000 miles for £13000. this is from a Subaru dealer.

Is this worth it?
Any advice on what too look or or should I not worry as they are a Subaru dealer?
Does the STi type UK 7 with prodrive kit (big spoiler) also have PPP?

It seems that this is known as the bug eye. However are the lights different to the bug eye WRX? The STi looked quite nice.

I noticed the car was missing a STI sticker on one of the FOG covers. Dealer told me this is normal. Is it?

ThanK for all your help.

Hopefully soon to be STi owner
Old 22 May 2006, 10:00 AM
bugsti
Scooby Regular

The car wont necessarily have a ppp - you will have to check the paperwork to see if it has a ppp certificate. Also check the tail pipe - if it has a ppp, the tail pipe will be a larger diameter than standard and have prodrive stamped on it.

The lights are different to the standard wrx and look a lot better.

There should be a white sti sticker on each of the front blanks covering the holes where foglamps would go (the sti does not have foglights fitted as standard).

I would say, with that mileage, the price is good for a Subaru dealer - you will probably get a years warranty too.
Old 22 May 2006, 12:34 PM
Andy 02STI
Scooby Regular

The STI Type UK Prodrive is one of 1000 made to celebrate the STI comiung to UK (i learned from this site) I also have one and can confirm it has stickers on both fog covers although there are no fogs under there. If the car is black the stickers will be pink. For my 02 with 33k I paid £13,500 so your fidgure sounds good. You will also find that its cheaper than most others to insure as its apparently been involved in less accidents statistically.

I didnt worry about anything as you get the years warranty and they wont sell any old crap.
Old 22 May 2006, 01:13 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Snoops

Is this worth it?
Any advice on what too look or or should I not worry as they are a Subaru dealer?
that's your call really you can buy cheaper but privately normally dealers have 12months warranty and private just the remainder or none first scoob it stick with a Dealer IMHO

Does the STi type UK 7 with prodrive kit (big spoiler) also have PPP?

It seems that this is known as the bug eye. However are the lights different to the bug eye WRX? The STi looked quite nice.
There are 2 versions Prodrive "Style" Bargebord bumper, different side skirts, blue dash and Big spoiler. No PPP was not standard fitment but most had it fitted later but not all.

I noticed the car was missing a STI sticker on one of the FOG covers. Dealer told me this is normal. Is it?

Hopefully soon to be STi owner
Nope not normal and enjoy
Old 22 May 2006, 02:17 PM
zakster
Scooby Newbie

If the sticker price is 13k there should be room to get an even better deal,so from a subaru dealer thats not to bad,depending on what profit margin is in the car you should try and push quite hard,remember even if you really can't get a lot of money off the car try asking for a 2 year warranty instead of the usual 1 year or some free servicing.Personally I think the dealer telling you that the fog light sticker that is missing was normal should make you look a bit harder at the car,it could be totally genuine and someone for some strange reason as removed the sticker or it could mean that some kind of paint repair has taken place.Also if the car has no ppp and you want it and you buy the car I think any decent dealer will do you a reasonable deal in having one put on.Finally If your budget is around the 13k mark you are starting to go into the newer model[blob eye] private sale ground,so unless you really like the bug eye,I love em,this may be worth considering.
Old 22 May 2006, 02:52 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy 02STI
You will also find that its cheaper than most others to insure as its apparently been involved in less accidents statistically.
Urban Myth, Subaru Impreza STi is all they need to know in order to charge their premium. Body styling is irrelevant, insurance is based on a great deal more variables than statistics pertaining to frequency of accident
Old 24 May 2006, 12:08 PM
Andy 02STI
Scooby Regular

sorry alloy you are incorrect with regards to my experience. Next time you are checking insurance online try selecting the prodrive version - I know that Directline do insure them for less than the STI. How can it be Urban Myth when I have one insured!! If you tell them STI then yes you pay the full whack but then when I found out and told them about Prodrive I got a refund.
Old 24 May 2006, 04:45 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Missing a sticker on a foglight cover suggests that the cover was replaced at some point - probably the old one got broken.

Yes - check everything you would check for a provate sale. I bought my 02 STI from a main dealer and they didn't feel the need to imform me about the accident it had been in - which had caused five grand's worth of damage. Not obvious from the normal views, but up on ramps it shows - and they must have inspected it properly to give it the warranty. Note that HPI checks show only write-offs, not accidents.

M
Old 24 May 2006, 09:41 PM
kev m
Scooby Regular

That seem a reasonable price as i have just traded my 02 STI Prodrive with ppp fitted in for a new 06 STI and the dealer now has my old car up for £13990.00 and it has 55,000 on the clock.