ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Need for help

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2006, 11:11 AM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need for help

Ok thinking of painting the subaru lettering on the brake calipers, but what colour do you think would look best, white, black, or silver, oh and what is the best way of doing it as ive heard of people using a little paintroller and going over the top of it , also thinking of taking the subaru lettering off the boot, how hard and what do you use?
Old 04 June 2006, 11:12 AM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

think i need the pic resized
Old 04 June 2006, 11:37 AM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

1) Painting caliper letters:- I painted my calipers red and the lettering white, using Hammerite. It took several coats of paint but looks much better for it. I did the lettering using a piece of cloth twisted to a point, it's pretty fiddly but I found it easier than trying to use a roller and it looks very neat unless you look really close up. Silver or gold lettering on a silver car

2) Removing SUBARU letters:- I haven't done mine but keep thinking about it. AFAIK it's a case of heating them up with a hair dryer and then carefully levering them off using a plastic implement. Then use some adhesive remover to get the rest of the glue off.
Old 04 June 2006, 11:40 AM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
1) Painting caliper letters:- I painted my calipers red and the lettering white, using Hammerite. It took several coats of paint but looks much better for it. I did the lettering using a piece of cloth twisted to a point, it's pretty fiddly but I found it easier than trying to use a roller and it looks very neat unless you look really close up. Silver or gold lettering on a silver car

2) Removing SUBARU letters:- I haven't done mine but keep thinking about it. AFAIK it's a case of heating them up with a hair dryer and then carefully levering them off using a plastic implement. Then use some adhesive remover to get the rest of the glue off.
all that sounds about right!!
i used radiator paint for subaru lettering and a fine art brush!!!
Old 04 June 2006, 11:50 AM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Thanx guys