Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

man in a van shouted at me again

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2006, 09:01 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry man in a van shouted at me again

ok i was on may way home from work about a week ago. and as i drove past the on coming traffic (which was waiting for some temp lights to go green)
i heard WA**ER shouted. but i was not sure if it was aimed at me or not, so i just carried on home.

but then today when i was on my way home i heard "OH BRAIN DEAD" so i slowed down alittle and turned around and this chap was hanging out of his van looking at me

so this has got me thinking, what could i have done to up set this rather larger than me chap and i cant think of anything as i dont drive like a tw*t on the road. so i think he must have me mixed up with someone else.

so if he is there tomoz (sat in traffic) then i will be really nice and just ask him why he aways feels the need to shout at me.

so then will he =

1) talk to me about it and explain the reasons behind it all

2) shout at me, then say sorry mate thought you was someone else

3) get out of his van and prob kill me

i am thinking number 3. so before i go and ask this chap i would just like to know that you lot are on my side

only reason i want this sorted is that i dont really want to worry about driving my pride and joy past this cloth head

worried mark
Old 05 June 2006, 09:07 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Not saying you did anything wrong, but to remember the 1st instance and immediately link it to the second.....

Personnally, I'd agree with you on the number 3 if you patronise him! Specially if he's got work mates in the van. If you don't want a arguement, might be easier to have music and windows up when you see him next
Old 05 June 2006, 09:08 PM
jamesbWRXRA
Scooby Regular

Location: Still loving the Subaru but now in an Evo 8 MR FQ320

The good thing about Subaru's is that they are fast so if he gets out hit the loud pedal and leave the f*cker covered in dust lol. Probably just some jealous *****r that thinks all scoob drivers are scum.At least we spend our money on something we can show off instead of getting pissed every night and trying to pick fights. My advice ignore the pri*k.

Thanks
James
Old 05 June 2006, 09:09 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Hi worried mark ,
First i tried to decide why if your name is mark, why is he calling you Walter?

Lol!
You're always going to get ********* on the road, and 99% of them are much harder behind the wheel coz they know that in 5 minutes you'll be gone and forgotten and they can upset someone else.
I'd probably give him the
and keep driving. At worst you find another way past these lights and keep your dignity.

Dan.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:11 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by danwrx1980
Hi worried mark ,
Absolute class!! That made me LOL!!
Old 05 June 2006, 09:13 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

I try...
Old 05 June 2006, 09:14 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Call the police and get it reported and then there is a record of it if something else happens (you got his reg?). Dont be shocked if the BiB dont take much interest, but do ask for the incident number in case you need it again (keep it in your car). Then if he does do anything else you can call BiB and quote the previous incident.

Take some consideration when driving for the next few days, leave plenty of room to get out of tight spaces and lock your doors before you move off. Also keep an eye out for being followed, if you are being followed either call the police or stop somewhere with lots of witnesses, petrol station or police station is even better, dont drive erratically or do anything crazy keep cool and call the police. Pay close attention within 2 miles of your home / place of work. Dont return home or go into work if you are being followed.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:22 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."

walter

i just dont see why i should have to go a differant way home to this muppet.

so we all thinking it will be number 3 or worse.

the only other thing that makes me think i should just leave it is. for a on lookers point of view it will look like i went up to him and he was just protecting himself. but really he just got out his van and killed me before i was even able to ask him anything

worried mark

Last edited by mark28; 05 June 2006 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:26 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark28
but really he just got out his van and killed me before i was even able to ask him anything

worried mark
But you will be keeping yourself in a position where he cant do that as you will have left enough room to evade
Old 05 June 2006, 09:30 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

hi billythekid thanks your your reply. i didnt get his reg number as the car behind was blocking it. but like you say about the police i prob will.

worried mark
Old 05 June 2006, 09:31 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

I have had a few high performance cars in the last few years, my scooby being the most recent and "BIGGEST" **** magnet!, i'm sure it's just the way it looks, but it really does bring out the worst in other drivers!
I have learned to live with it, if you can't get down the gym!
Old 05 June 2006, 09:37 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Another idea for ya, hire a bigger van. Then just smile at him like the little dicked bloke he obviously is.
An idea anyway.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:42 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
I have had a few high performance cars in the last few years, my scooby being the most recent and "BIGGEST" **** magnet!, i'm sure it's just the way it looks, but it really does bring out the worst in other drivers!
I have learned to live with it, if you can't get down the gym!

with these days the way they are. the gym aint going to stop a knife.

i think a am slowly talking myself out of asking him what his problem is
Old 05 June 2006, 09:48 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

On a serious note, I do agree with billy the Kid's advice, and agree you should be cautious. But if it is bothering you that much and you really can't think how you've upset him, you should at least ask him. If he's on the other side of the road sat in the queue of traffic, just pull up next to him ( you may p1ss off a couple of people behind you ) and say what the ****'s your problem arsehole.
That way if he does try to get out you can WRC launch and be gone, and then find another way home.
Where abouts are you, coz if he's just annoyed at scoob's in general chances are this rogue van driver may have given someone else on here some ****.

But you have the advantage, he'll never keep up with you in a van, you just have to make the road conditions work to your adVANtage.

Dan.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:54 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

take some steroids.
Old 05 June 2006, 09:57 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

leamington in the midlands.

what have i done what have i done what have i done

if i see him i will have to ask. i will just do it in a nice way with the window open about half an inch.

*goes to pratice launches*
Old 05 June 2006, 10:05 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go weight training, take some pills, buy a thug T shirt thats way too small - get a tan, paint on some tatts.

Black-out some teeth and cut yourself shaving a few times - let the cuts scab over and then ....

Tell the ******** to go FOOOOOK imself!!

then RUN!!!!!! RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!

Pete
Old 05 June 2006, 10:31 PM
biglipzit
Scooby Newbie

I would probably be an even bigger **** and next time he throws an insult, drive up next to him... rev up and smoke it... and do it each time I see him... but that is just the reaction of one a$$ hole to another...

You guys crack me up... but yeh run forest run is probably the best words of advice... that is after you irritate the crap out of him
Old 05 June 2006, 10:31 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Pete, I thought you would know much better than that!!!

Forrest is spelt with 2 r's!!

Dan.
Old 05 June 2006, 10:33 PM
julesp600
Scooby Regular

I do like some others have said and ask him while still in the car what his problem is. Then you can escape!

If he just shouts and yells at you just tell him you can't hear cause he is too quiet, smile and wave, then leave!

You are never going to win if he is just full of steam like that, however if you ask and the response is just shouted aggression that is probably all you ever will get or you won't hear anything again. Most of these people are just jealous idiots who need to grow up and are far more tough behind the wheel. Confronting them is the only way to shut them up.....just think of them as 12 year old cause that is all they are.
Old 05 June 2006, 10:41 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

get a mr thumpy in the car with ya
Old 05 June 2006, 10:49 PM
BoroWRX
Scooby Regular

Default heres what ya need to do

first get his reg
then find somewhere to hire a similar van
get a plate made up with his reg and swap it to yours

now go through every red light
fly through every speed camera
and park in every disable bay
stop on every yellow line

then swap the plate back

and return the van

hey presto , no more probs as he has no licence

Old 05 June 2006, 10:59 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

lol.

anyone got a white van i can borrow for a hour or two

i should of put this in the projects section.
Old 05 June 2006, 10:59 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Hi worried mark ,

Lol!

Originally Posted by nathanb
Absolute class!! That made me LOL!!
and me

I reckon I would ignore it for a bit longer and see what happens, often these aholes are just looking for a response. I think its a good idea though to get his reg no, also is there any signing on the Van, telephone number or company name?

Last edited by MMT WRX; 05 June 2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05 June 2006, 11:44 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Angry

LAds . Lads. . .LAds . . .This is all well and good! . .But something even more fascinating happened to me! . . .But probably just as bad . .

Piloting gently down St.Johns Wood H.Street, . .I spot a P1 so slow down stop to admire it! . .Road is clear and traffic light . .Suddendly a burke in Merc behind me flashing me to move out of the way, when he could have just went around . . But i move out of his way in any event . . .No point getting involved i felt!

Point being, i flash my headlights to humour him and catch up with him at the junction . . When to my shock and horror he gives me the w*anker sign . . . Now . . .This guy, was abt 50 yo, wearing a suit, probably lives in S.Johns Wood ,probably has a high paid job, drives a comfortable car and still acts like a thug giving w*nker signs . . .That is what I can't understand . . .A white van man, i would have thought is more likely to start giving it, but this!

What can you do though . .I would have really liked to catch up with him (which would have been easy) , make him appologise and give him a beating till he turns as Blue as my Scoob!But that would be crossing over to the dark side!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 05 June 2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06 June 2006, 12:02 AM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Are you sure you havent bedded his miss's or ex!? Thats usually the problem when i get abuse.
Old 06 June 2006, 08:24 AM
LiamWR1(2)
Scooby Regular

Barry-van-man......... leaning out of his white van window giving the ****** sign and shouting ****** at OTHERS!!!!!..... priceless.......!!!!!!

But seriously, leave it well alone, you don't sound like you would fair very well if it turned 'interesting!' and B-V-M doesn't sound like he wants a turn on Trisha either, so relax in the knowledge that while B-V-M is giving you abuse he's not shouting at women or old people
Old 06 June 2006, 08:26 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

On a serious note......you can WRC launch and be gone
Made me chuckle,

and ok i so i deleted a large chunk to make your new statement.
Old 06 June 2006, 08:29 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Why is everyone picking on my threads today, ok so I felt a bit mischeivious yesterday.......
Old 06 June 2006, 08:56 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

OP's problem is typical of the low intelligence behaviour of sad, jealous people who are destined to do manual work for minimum wage until they die in their council houses.

Its the sort of school bully syndrome of people who have never actually grown up past puberty, where 'being hard' was the measure of your worth ( and generally trying to prove it on easy targets who werent interested, and in front of an audience ), rather than when you leave school and get into the real world, where having a good job, nice house, nice car and a wife with no homemade tats on her forearms and an **** narrower than her shoulders is generally more desirable.

Would white van man own an Impreza if he could afford one ? of course he would, only he never will with 4 kids to keep in baseball caps and shiny tracky bottoms. £20 says his personal car is a rusting Mondeo or Vectra, probably worth about £800.

Its the same mentality that makes people shout at people driving Ferraris or similar cars.

Next time he does it, smile sweetly, nod knowingly as if earnestly agreeing with his point of view, then ask him what the 0-60 of his van is.

Quick Reply: man in a van shouted at me again