ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Non Subaru Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2006, 08:28 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Subaru Drivers

Had this a couple of times now where I get other cars right up your a** or along side you at the lights then do an F1 style start. Today was very strange, on a 30limit road drive past a junction where a Sunny GTI-R was waiting to pull out, next thing I see is him right behind me still doing 30mph, up to a main round-about he's now gave it a quick blast can hear his dump valve, and wastegate chatter, then slams on the brakes locking the front wheels, stops for traffic then blasts off round the round-about on and off the throttle, and away he went . All this with a female in the front seat as well, what must she think god only knows.

Is my thinking right in that they see Subaru of what ever sort and think I'll show them what a performance car is, and do any thing possible to get in front?.

Please add your stories................

Daz.
Old 10 June 2006, 08:30 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

SUBARUS are **** magnets, full stop!
Old 10 June 2006, 08:38 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

I do think its funny mind, but just hope I don't get caught up with one of these prats, be just my luck.
Old 10 June 2006, 08:41 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

yeah I get this type of thing occassionaly. With a big wing i'd imagine it to be much worse. Sometimes it's just them showing you 'respect' - treating you to a display of their car's performance.
Old 10 June 2006, 08:48 PM
Jamjar
Scooby Regular

I had this the other day with one of those 4x4 pickup things, was driving along at 40 in a 40 and this thing roars up behind me, then i slow and turn left at a roundabout and the next thing i see in my mirrors is this thing lurching round the corner behind almost rolling trying to keep up ( i wasn't even going very fast)........Idiot
Old 10 June 2006, 08:57 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

And don't get me started on those idiots that are going past you in the opposite direction and feel the need to give it six million revs as they go past!
Old 10 June 2006, 09:07 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Essex for ya Darren, too many Chavs in maxed out motors just out for a bit of scooby baiting
Old 10 June 2006, 09:10 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

I've noticed this too, having only owned a scooby for a couple of weeks now, i have noticed many more idiots scream up and try to "race" than i used to get in my old calibra. Just let them get on with thier business and think to my self if this many people see the scooby as a car they feel they have to keep up with/beat, it must be seen as a car worth aiming for in the performance stakes to start with!
Old 10 June 2006, 09:24 PM
scoobygez
Scooby Regular

tbh i think its a case of they know its a fast car and they want to see how they perform against it!! they dont do it when i am in my ax diesel!!! also think they want to see how quick it leaves em!!!
Old 10 June 2006, 09:47 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI
Had this a couple of times now where I get other cars right up your a** or along side you at the lights then do an F1 style start. Today was very strange, on a 30limit road drive past a junction where a Sunny GTI-R was waiting to pull out, next thing I see is him right behind me still doing 30mph, up to a main round-about he's now gave it a quick blast can hear his dump valve, and wastegate chatter, then slams on the brakes locking the front wheels, stops for traffic then blasts off round the round-about on and off the throttle, and away he went . All this with a female in the front seat as well, what must she think god only knows.

Is my thinking right in that they see Subaru of what ever sort and think I'll show them what a performance car is, and do any thing possible to get in front?.

Please add your stories................

Daz.
He probably got his hole off his bird which is more than me today as the wife is 'up on blocks/ in the red/ overheating/ on her dabs/ liverpool are playing at home etc'

Those Sunnys are very fast - I was working down south (Yorkshire etc) last year and had a great 45 mins cross country 'race' across part of the country on the way to my hotel for the evening. I was very surprised. Since then, my old 230bhp scoob is now my new 330bhp scoob, so he would have been mincemeat now!!!
Old 10 June 2006, 11:03 PM
ukturbo
Scooby Regular

I get this a lot! i had a golf v6 four motion sat on my bumper this afternoon he kept backing off then coming up right behind me flashing his lights beeping the horn i thought it was an unmarked police car but i could see him it was some mid twenties bloke with his mate i kept at 40 mph he then overtook and his mate shouted ****in ********,**** car! and sped off there are plenty of idiots on the roads these days
Old 10 June 2006, 11:33 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by suffolkdar
SUBARUS are **** magnets, full stop!

I agree.

Had my scoob for 3-4 weeks now and I've noticed Audi drivers hate us, or just me
Old 10 June 2006, 11:40 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephen Pope
He probably got his hole off his bird
I hope he got his tops and fingers as well.
Old 10 June 2006, 11:47 PM
chris25uk
Scooby Regular

yep ive notcied it alot more since owning the scooby, thought the rs turbo was bad but even the white van man wants to drive up the **** of the scooby, i think they just wanna see it go
Old 11 June 2006, 02:29 AM
M555SUB
Scooby Regular

im currently saving up for a scooby, love them to bits and when ever i see one while driving i always drive right up its backside in my 106 diesel, i just want to hear the loud exhaust pipe rumbling and leaving me for dust so i get even more excited and wanting a scooby even more
Old 11 June 2006, 03:57 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Old 11 June 2006, 08:27 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap Import
I agree.

Had my scoob for 3-4 weeks now and I've noticed Audi drivers hate us, or just me
Personally, I don't know you, so can't conclude as to whether or not I like you!!

I'm an Audi driver, (ex-Scooby driver) - hardly get any attention (a good thing), but when they see the badge, I've had a few Ned's try it on......... and lose

When I had the Scooby, had a few incidents, nothing major - but I had my two Scoobs over a period where the Impreza was seen as more of a desirable car than it is now. Mostly had praise tbh

Dan
Old 11 June 2006, 10:16 AM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Personally, I don't know you, so can't conclude as to whether or not I like you!!

I'm an Audi driver, (ex-Scooby driver) - hardly get any attention (a good thing), but when they see the badge, I've had a few Ned's try it on......... and lose

When I had the Scooby, had a few incidents, nothing major - but I had my two Scoobs over a period where the Impreza was seen as more of a desirable car than it is now. Mostly had praise tbh

Dan

Fair play
Old 11 June 2006, 10:24 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 398 Likes on 317 Posts

think you get this with any "performance" car...............had it with most of the cars i've owned, even the wife had it quite a bit when i had a pukka nova 'sport' on the road going back ten years or so.............

don't get it so often now when i'm in the Leggy or Forester, but quite amusing if i am travelling quickly somewhere and they try to keep up!!

alyn