ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MY99/00 full de-cat plus Ti-Phoon or Nur Spec or Prodrive

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2006, 11:55 AM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY99/00 full de-cat plus Ti-Phoon or Nur Spec or Prodrive

Im running a MY00 with full de-cat with the H&S Afterburner backbox and I dont like the sound it makes between 2000-5000rpm, its to raspy, sounds crap, after 5000rpm it sounds great.

Whos running a MY99/00 with full decat with a Ti-Phoon/Nur Spec/Prodrive back boxes, can you describe the noise they make when accellerating?

I want to swap/buy a different box, must look good, i.e polished crome and not a rolled lip (except the Prodrive one), the Ti-Phoon looks great but what sound does it kick out?
Old 12 June 2006, 12:18 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by movi-star
Im running a MY00 with full de-cat with the H&S Afterburner backbox and I dont like the sound it makes between 2000-5000rpm, its to raspy, sounds crap, after 5000rpm it sounds great.

Whos running a MY99/00 with full decat with a Ti-Phoon/Nur Spec/Prodrive back boxes, can you describe the noise they make when accellerating?

I want to swap/buy a different box, must look good, i.e polished crome and not a rolled lip (except the Prodrive one), the Ti-Phoon looks great but what sound does it kick out?
Is your centre pipe resonated or unresonated mate. I found that made a big difference to the sound of the car, it was a bit too raspy and boomy with an unresonate centre section, just about perfect with one. I'd suggest that the Tiphoon and Nurspec would be too much for you. I'd be looking at H& S original design, Prodrive or Magnex if you think the vortex is too much.

Regards,

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 12 June 2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12 June 2006, 01:23 PM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

its the unresonated centre pipe.

Could be a ideal solution as the Vortex is a good looking BB. If anyone wants to swap a good nick resonated centre section for my 2 week old unresonated Magnex centre section let me know. I'll be on the SIDC stand at the Jap show at Santa Pod 25/6/06.