ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Jetwash Question??

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2006, 05:43 PM
blueangel
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetwash Question??

Just wondered if was ok to use powered jet wash to clean my scoob??
As I normally hand wash at home but my back is abit fooked,and the previous owners said it wasn't good idea to use a car jetwash as water my completely soaked the engine!
Old 06 September 2006, 05:48 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

use one all the time....

just dont get too close with the nozzle and dont point it down the scoop etc....

dazza
Old 06 September 2006, 05:54 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

agree, just take it easy.
Old 06 September 2006, 05:59 PM
The Wagon
Scooby Newbie

I dont like the brushes all the ones ive seen have looked a bit stiff with nylon bristles i would only wash my van with them
Old 06 September 2006, 06:14 PM
blueangel
BANNED

Water spaying down into the scoop,thats what I was worried about,as Im going to use a carhand wash place,and all the lads who work there look abit chavish.
Old 07 September 2006, 12:31 PM
Andy 02STI
Scooby Regular

Took mine to a hand carwash place near me and the lads there told me they treat cars such as scoobies, beemers and mercs different to the everyday crap they get through. For a start they dont use wheel cleaner - just soap and water and they also dont use the tyre black as its crap and spins off.

Forgot to say I live on a new estate which is still being built so my pressure washer is great to jsut blow the dust off between waxings.
Old 07 September 2006, 12:42 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

I wouldn't worry about a little water going down the scoop. What do you think happens when it rains

Trending Topics

Old 07 September 2006, 12:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I'd stay clear of the hand-wash places Sponges dropped on the ground and then simply re-sudded in the bucket and dragged back across your lovely, extremely thin, very soft Scoob paint The leathers they use are treated the same and wringed out with a mangle, thus compressing any grit deep into the leather turning it into sandpaper Also, for ease and to achieve a reasonable finish in as quick a wash as possible they'll probably be using TFR (traffic film remover) instead of a nice gentle shampoo, so you can kiss goodbye to any wax/sealant you have previously applied.

Jet-washes as similarly scary. They use TFR too, and the bristles on the brushes are very course. How many times have you pulled up to see the brushes on the ground Then there's the danger of dragging a gritty hose around the corners of your car.

Lambswool mitt, 2 buckets, quality shampoo, gentle rinse, waffle weave towel dry, quick detailer to remove water spots. If you've got a bad back, take your time or get help.
Old 07 September 2006, 06:17 PM
fl6
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=corradoboy]I'd stay clear of the hand-wash places Sponges dropped on the ground and then simply re-sudded in the bucket and dragged back across your lovely, extremely thin, very soft Scoob paint The leathers they use are treated the same and wringed out with a mangle, thus compressing any grit deep into the leather turning it into sandpaper Also, for ease and to achieve a reasonable finish in as quick a wash as possible they'll probably be using TFR (traffic film remover) instead of a nice gentle shampoo, so you can kiss goodbye to any wax/sealant you have previously applied.
thanks for that as i take my ride to one in leeds wont be doing that againe
Old 08 September 2006, 03:11 AM
blueangel
BANNED

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I'd stay clear of the hand-wash places Sponges dropped on the ground and then simply re-sudded in the bucket and dragged back across your lovely, extremely thin, very soft Scoob paint The leathers they use are treated the same and wringed out with a mangle, thus compressing any grit deep into the leather turning it into sandpaper
THX for that Corra,I shall steer clear of going to the one on Bruntcliffe Road Morley/Leeds then
Old 08 September 2006, 09:08 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
extremely thin, very soft Scoob paint
The paint may be thin, but I can assure you that it is not soft at all (coming from someone who has PC'd 2 Scoobs)
The only other cars I have found that have harder paint are thos made by VAG and BMW!