Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone import a US Bug Eyed WRX?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2006, 09:29 PM
SaintSinner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone import a US Bug Eyed WRX?

Hey all, I'm in the process of moving to the UK (Leicester) and am debating bringing my baby. However I'm a bit worried about the SVA considering I've tweaked the car a bit. I assume at the very least I'll have to revert to the factory exhaust before importing the car, but would welcome comments/opinions from anyone, especially anyone who has imported a modified (or even stock) WRX from the US (or even Japan).

My mod list is as follows:

2002 WRX estate (20,100 miles)

(JPN 2.0) STI engine/tranny mounts (shouldn't be an issue since they look stock, and honestly, who notices the mounts?

Blue higher tempature / stronger hoses (can give you a picture of the engine bay if you'd like)

Prodrive Springs (lowered the car about 1")

2002 Subaru Sedan rear sway bar

KYB(agx) adjustable shocks (4 setting front, 8 setting rear)

17" BBS wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 215/45WR17 tyres.

AP Racing 4 piston 2 piece big brake kit (front) stainless brake lines (if you want a picture, http://tinyurl.com/pt2w3 they're a little bit far from subtle, but christ they're effective )

VF-34 turbo (replacing stock turbo, hard to see unless you actually take apart the engine, or at the very least take off the intercooler)

PWR Top-Mount Intercooler (replaced stock intercooler with this larger one to provide for better cooling

Walboro Fuel Pump (higher flow rate fuel pump, again, hard to see typically )

STi injectors (higher flow rate injectors from a subaru STI

Perrin Catless Uppipe

TurboXS turbo back exhaust (with a single high flow cat, this is most likely going to be the problem area.)

Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley

Injen Cold air intake (Carb approved)

Auto Water spray kit (sprays the intercooler from the windshield washer resevoir at a set amount of boost)

Boost, EGT, A/F guages (which means a few taps here ant there, the only one that really stands out is the EGT tap in the downpipe.)

A BLITZ Turbo Timer

('03) STi Hood Scoop (with screen attached)

GT-SPEC intercooler Splitter

ECUTEK Reflash (not apparent as it didn't require modding the ECU

In car I-D dynometer (wired into the speed sensors.)

And a Perrin oil catch can to catch oil before it runs into the intercooler

As you can tell I'm quite a power hungry guy, though between California and the UK, I might actually swear off modifications after all this hassle.

Cheers all. (on the upside, I've found somewhat affordable insurance for the car, so now it's just a matter of getting the car legally into the UK.)