Best priced 3" decat downpipe

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2006, 03:21 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best priced 3" decat downpipe

Like a minefield out there.

I'm shopping for a 3" good quality decat downpipe for a newage STi, to go with the revolution exhaust.

RCM £235
Revo £289

Any others to compare?
Old 08 September 2006, 11:13 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Only two places sell decent 3" downpipes?
Old 08 September 2006, 01:21 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Hayward and Scott

£182.13 for the 3" to 2.5" downpipe, but I expect a 3" all the way through would be much the same price. Probably a bit easier to make if anything. They will make up pretty much whatever you want.
Old 08 September 2006, 01:30 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
Hayward and Scott

£182.13 for the 3" to 2.5" downpipe, but I expect a 3" all the way through would be much the same price. Probably a bit easier to make if anything. They will make up pretty much whatever you want.
That's not a bad price.
Old 08 September 2006, 11:16 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF. Gaz : I offered you my own new, stainless steel 3" open neck down pipe for £200. I have been over this with you half a dozen times.
All the other points you have raised, down pipes, exhausts, blow off valves, turbos, FMICs, noise I have answered carefully and in detail, often sevaral times over because you ask the same questions repeatedly. Maybe you do not read what I send you properly. I have lost count of all the e-mails.
Getting the work done while your wife will be away, will she notice the different BOV/Induction/D.P. Exhaust.
I note most of your posts are during working hours. I think you must have very little else to occupy your time.
Sort it yourself mate because I have other things to do.
Old 09 September 2006, 12:43 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harvey
WTF. Gaz : I offered you my own new, stainless steel 3" open neck down pipe for £200. I have been over this with you half a dozen times.
All the other points you have raised, down pipes, exhausts, blow off valves, turbos, FMICs, noise I have answered carefully and in detail, often sevaral times over because you ask the same questions repeatedly. Maybe you do not read what I send you properly. I have lost count of all the e-mails.
Getting the work done while your wife will be away, will she notice the different BOV/Induction/D.P. Exhaust.
I note most of your posts are during working hours. I think you must have very little else to occupy your time.
Have you heard yourself

Its no wonder he wont buy off you with a sh1tty attitude like that!!!

FFs man chill out - its his choice, if you want to sell it stick it on here or ebay dont worry about whether other people want it or not
Old 09 September 2006, 10:21 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Chief : You don't know the history. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09 September 2006, 10:26 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
Like a minefield out there.

I'm shopping for a 3" good quality decat downpipe for a newage STi, to go with the revolution exhaust.

RCM £235
Revo £289

Any others to compare?
I got one for a MY04 WRX £188 delivered- Haywood and Scott.
Ordered Wed, none in stock, recieved Friday.

Lee
Old 09 September 2006, 11:14 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check eBay mate... if you have the time you'll find one for £100 or less (as I and many of my mates did)... or if you want it straight away you'll get one for £150 tops (as one of my impatient mates did)!
Old 09 September 2006, 12:07 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

killa's got one in the for sale threads for £125 militek
Old 09 September 2006, 04:57 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Chief : You don't know the history. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bad eh ok i'll take your word for it
Old 09 September 2006, 06:58 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

You do not know the history. It is unbelievable. This has nothing to do with selling a down pipe on e-bay.
If you knew the history, you would be amazed and understand fully why I have had enough of going through hoops. This guy has sat, Monday to Friday at his employers expense with nothing to do, wasting my time and playing about on Scoobynet etc.

I would rather help than hinder, especially those with little knowledge and I don't normally care how long it takes to explain or answer queries, and go over things again so they are clear and sensible, regardless of whether or not they want to buy anything I may have.

I get numerous e-mails every week from people I do not know asking for my advice or view and I am happy to give it but I am not happy to be pissed about.
41 e-mails or more since the end of July. When Rob and Damian wanted similar mods they made their minds up in days not months, all their querries were answered, every conceivable thing was covered and there was probably only a dozen e-mails between Rob, Damian and me in total. They did not go on S/Net looking for alternatives once we had agreed the spec. Rob obtained some of his bits direct but unfortunately some wrong bits were supplied and we sorted it out quickly for him.

Last edited by harvey; 09 September 2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11 September 2006, 11:42 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

You having a bad day or what?!?

There is no history. We have been communicating via email. (and...?) You said you would be able to help me with modifications, so what.

I know you have a downpipe, you did offer me one. Does that mean i can't shop around to see alternatives?

If i send an email asking about parts, does that mean i'm bound to buying them off you?!?

Yes i have been asking a lot of questions, because i was interested in what would be done to my car and what i'd get for my money, which i think is natural when you're talking £thousands. But that has no place being here, so i'd appreciate if you don't splash the email content all over my threads.

And what i do with my time and when i do it has got fk all to do with you.

I think you've gone completely over the top and over reacted. Have a drink, sit down and breathe or smoke a joint, whatever, but relax before you blow a gasket.
Old 11 September 2006, 11:53 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

You do not know the history. It is unbelievable. This has nothing to do with selling a down pipe on e-bay.
If you knew the history, you would be amazed and understand fully why I have had enough of going through hoops. This guy has sat, Monday to Friday at his employers expense with nothing to do, wasting my time and playing about on Scoobynet etc.

I would rather help than hinder, especially those with little knowledge and I don't normally care how long it takes to explain or answer queries, and go over things again so they are clear and sensible, regardless of whether or not they want to buy anything I may have.

I get numerous e-mails every week from people I do not know asking for my advice or view and I am happy to give it but I am not happy to be pissed about.
41 e-mails or more since the end of July. When Rob and Damian wanted similar mods they made their minds up in days not months, all their querries were answered, every conceivable thing was covered and there was probably only a dozen e-mails between Rob, Damian and me in total. They did not go on S/Net looking for alternatives once we had agreed the spec. Rob obtained some of his bits direct but unfortunately some wrong bits were supplied and we sorted it out quickly for him.
If you didn't want to help then you should've said and i'd of taken my business elsewhere.

I don't work with cars, so i don't know the implications of say changing to a FMIC, how loud the BOV will be, what the induction noise will be like, why your exhaust is better than a well known tuners etc etc.

Some of those emails were just chatting if you remember. You were sending me emails too with jokes/stories and about your dad.

I don't care if others decided to take your hybrid FMIC without much thought, maybe they had more money or decided that was their route.

Hopefully you've calmed down since you last posted, but with comments like that i think you've just talked yourself out of my custom.

Last edited by GazTheHat; 11 September 2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11 September 2006, 12:10 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Harvey mate, to a degree i know where your coming from but p***ing your potential customers off is not a good move - I work for my pops and we sell and manufactur broadcast equipment, he must spend all day on teh phone and doing e-mails answering technical queries. the ammount of wasted calls and sh*ite we get is unreal, we at most get around 10-20% of sales from calls and e-mails - the rest we never hear from.

TBH its a damn pain in the ar*e and a struiggle but we keep plodding on, and getting the sales we can. Sometimes you know when someone is wasting your time but we bite our lips. some times by doing this we will get an order.
(hopefully)
Old 11 September 2006, 12:53 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Harvey mate, to a degree i know where your coming from but p***ing your potential customers off is not a good move - I work for my pops and we sell and manufactur broadcast equipment, he must spend all day on teh phone and doing e-mails answering technical queries. the ammount of wasted calls and sh*ite we get is unreal, we at most get around 10-20% of sales from calls and e-mails - the rest we never hear from.

TBH its a damn pain in the ar*e and a struiggle but we keep plodding on, and getting the sales we can. Sometimes you know when someone is wasting your time but we bite our lips. some times by doing this we will get an order.
(hopefully)
I certainly wasn't wasting his time, i've already had his headers & up-pipe.

I've even passed business his way and pointed others to him for work.

I was merely planning what to do in November, when i can afford to do more mods. The amount of money i have by then is still undecided, so i was seeing what i could get done for different amounts. I think that's called shopping.

Hence why i was trying to get a cheaper downpipe. And when people see a thread like this, you tend to get offers too.

I think he got out of bed the wrong way or something.
Old 30 December 2007, 07:37 PM
jockc79
Scooby Regular

blah blah