ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

RE The closure or the tracker thread

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2006, 08:57 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE The closure or the tracker thread

Can i ask the real reason for closing this thread please.

I people want to post whether or not they have a tracker, is it not entierly up to them. That is of course why we have a sercurity section lol

So we can all post what alarms we are buying, the problems along with detailed info about our systems.........

If people want to post about there own systems, they sould be allowed to.

Nothing at all wrong with it IMO, but i stand to be corrected
Old 11 September 2006, 09:11 PM
Robin Mullan
Scooby Regular

Location: Aylesbury. Type-R V4, 2.2l 415BHP, 400LBS. Feels good!!! Now i really want more !!!

Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
Can i ask the real reason for closing this thread please.

I people want to post whether or not they have a tracker, is it not entierly up to them. That is of course why we have a sercurity section lol

So we can all post what alarms we are buying, the problems along with detailed info about our systems.........

If people want to post about there own systems, they sould be allowed to.

Nothing at all wrong with it IMO, but i stand to be corrected

Totally agree with you. If a pro really wants a car then they will have it full stop. Yea its good to have a tracking device fitted, it helps but it does not stop the scumbags.
Old 11 September 2006, 09:11 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Do a search for Tracker - plenty of threads that go back a few years.
Shame the same amount of moderation didn't apply to some of those.

Whilst I totally understand the reasons behind needing to curtail information regarding the security systems being published on Scoobynet, it might be nice to have some uniform agreements.....

Not having a go at PTMW though - he did what he feels was right. Kinda like a referee

Dan
Old 11 September 2006, 09:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think PTMW answered it, its designed to be a stealth mod for security, boasting you have one of x type will just be a breach of that security especially as the net is open to a couple of billion people.
Saying you have x alarm though, well the stickers in the window saying sigma normally give that away

Tony
Old 11 September 2006, 10:03 PM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

All i basically wanted was some feed back on a good tracker
Cheers
Old 11 September 2006, 10:38 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Would a potential theif atomatically assume that a high performance car would have an alarm and tracker already fitted so carry the required kit to disarm it, or what ever they do, I always thought the point of highlighting you have a security device fitted was to deter the oppertunist theif who would without knowledge try to steal the vehicle? maybe my interpretation is wrong, if so why are crook locks mainly yellow for visability?

Just my view.
Old 11 September 2006, 10:44 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

well, i think its pretty clear that the thread didnt need closing, perhaps a warning fo some who hadnt thought of that, but that would be about it.

Trending Topics

Old 11 September 2006, 11:06 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Would a potential theif atomatically assume that a high performance car would have an alarm and tracker already fitted so carry the required kit to disarm it, .
I agree a Pro would assume "x" or "y" Alarm "x" or "y" Tracking "x" or "y" Anti Hijack will all can do algerbra

Originally Posted by PaulC72
security device fitted was to deter the oppertunist theif who would without knowledge try to steal the vehicle?..... if so why are crook locks mainly yellow for visability?
That's all we can do is make abest effort to hamper the Pro's and catch the opportunist

But because it's "Voodo" to talk about "Car Security" specifics. As the Crims might find out off Scoobynet!!! FFS The PRO's ALREADY KNOW the "weakness", easy "get arounds" and "Bypasses" unfortunately we the only Suckers who don't and we bought it.

IMHO

I Also have to agree with ScoobyDoo555 the Moderator is the Ref and made his decission

Tony
Old 11 September 2006, 11:09 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by T5NYW
I agree a Pro would assume "x" or "y" Alarm "x" or "y" Tracking "x" or "y" Anti Hijack will all can do algerbra

That's all we can do is make abest effort to hamper the Pro's and catch the opportunist

But because it's "Voodo" to talk about "Car Security" specifics. As the Crims might find out off Scoobynet!!! FFS The PRO's ALREADY KNOW the "weakness", easy "get arounds" and "Bypasses" unfortunately we the only Suckers who don't and we bought it.

IMHO

I Also have to agree with ScoobyDoo555 the Moderator is the Ref and made his decission

Tony
The pro's might..... but why educate the *******, scum and chancers?
Old 11 September 2006, 11:13 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

best closed imo. if 1 muppet gains the slightest info to arm himself to make theiving cars easier then better that the thread has been deleted.
Old 11 September 2006, 11:17 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

yes, i can see the reasons behind it, but SN actively promotes talk on car security systems by having its own separet forum.

are themods going to start removing numberplates from out posted car pics so that no one can clone our cars????
Old 12 September 2006, 11:13 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
The pro's might..... but why educate the *******, scum and chancers?
Totally agree with you
Originally Posted by EVOLUTION
yes, i can see the reasons behind it, but SN actively promotes talk on car security systems by having its own separet forum.
Agreed Only members "vetted" (only genuine owners, long standing Members not by post count as might be muppet allowed to see and post in the closed area.

Going back on Topic When peeps are asking or giving opinions on Tracker they normally mean "Vehicle Tracking System" in general but possibly Libelous "Tracker" is a trade name which would break S/N Policy. This Thread has "Tracker" in the Title.

eg. "Tracker" is a trade name for a "Vehicle Tracking System" as is a "Hoover" is to a "Vacuum Cleaner".

IMHO

Tony

Last edited by T5NYW; 12 September 2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12 September 2006, 11:23 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Hoover and Tracker are words in the oxford dictionary, therefore that blows that theory oot the wata lol

Thats why GOOGLE are now ****ting themselves, they were on the news the other week because of people using the word google

"yes, i will just google it"
Old 12 September 2006, 11:58 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

LOL - Reminds me of an Alan Partridge scene re the Tannoy / Public Address System