Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is it just me or does anyone else worry...

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2006, 12:43 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is it just me or does anyone else worry...

About scum breaking into there house to steal there car keys ?
A couple of years ago i noticed a couple of marks on my rear living room window, on closer inspection it was 3 marks like little chips.
To cut a long story short i found out somone had tried to pop my back window on the house to get in, and steal my car keys (i had a GTR 33 at the time) .
They didnt get in but broke in to a house 3 doors down from me and stole the persons Vauxhall corsa !
I cant but help thinking am i the one that got away or am i unfinished buisness ??
I just hope i dont catch them cos with 2 kids asleep in bed i would have no problems in putting them in hospital for a long time and this is what worries me !
Does anyone else feel like this ?
Old 12 September 2006, 12:48 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

if someone wants my car, my keys are not with me, the last thing i want is for some thieving to$$a waking me up with a hammer or worse above my head.

even with my keys the car wouldnt get far before the engine let go anyway lol

i dont tend to think about it, if its nicked, tough luck, but the second anyone in my family is threatened because of my car, its gone, no car is worth grief like that im affraid
Old 12 September 2006, 12:49 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

remember this mate, if they really want it, they will get it and theres nothing you or i can do about it.

its a shame, but its people that think they can do something about it that invariably end up seriously injured, or worse, dead
Old 12 September 2006, 12:52 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

The Terminator WRX ...

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 12 September 2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12 September 2006, 12:53 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

i am not bothered about the car that can be replaced
it just p1sses me off that u cant have a nice car without having to worry about it getting stolen ! more to the point scum coming in your home
Old 12 September 2006, 12:56 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i hear what you say, but how far do you take it, the more you think about it, you will end up buying a ford focus and have done with it lol

its wrong, but its a fact of life that some dont need to pay for OUR performance cars
Old 12 September 2006, 12:57 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Can't you park it in the/a garage? Not seen = probably not going to get stolen ...

TX.

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2006, 12:59 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

your spot on m8
i think hang on i go to work and earn my money why shouldnt i have a nice car what i want !!!
Like u say get a focus and have done but then the scum have won !
I think i will get 2 GIMPY's on ir sensors on the back of the house and have done !!!

Not got a garage m8
Old 12 September 2006, 01:05 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

i never put mine in the garage, its insured to be out on the street, though sometimes it on the drive.

My main concern is damage, not theft, theres a few w@nkers near my home that like to damage cars, my cars inparticular, and he even frequents these boards

So, if your reading, you know who you are you to$$er, your time is coming
Old 12 September 2006, 01:07 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

Like it m8 my motto is
'Don't get mad get even'
Old 12 September 2006, 01:13 AM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

He hides his WRX, i find the whole thing really amusing, i was even told he had camers up on the house.

One presumes he is feeling a bit "what goes around comes around"

think hes expecting me to smash his up or damage it in some way PMSL
Old 12 September 2006, 01:19 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

Im sure he will get his !
Old 12 September 2006, 06:30 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Terminator wrx
A couple of years ago i noticed a couple of marks on my rear living room window, on closer inspection it was 3 marks like little chips.
To cut a long story short i found out somone had tried to pop my back window on the house to get in, and steal my car keys (i had a GTR 33 at the time) .
They didnt get in but broke in to a house 3 doors down from me and stole the persons Vauxhall corsa !
I cant but help thinking am i the one that got away or am i unfinished buisness ??
I just hope i dont catch them cos with 2 kids asleep in bed i would have no problems in putting them in hospital for a long time and this is what worries me !
Does anyone else feel like this ?
happened to me about 4 weeks ago, scum kicked my back door off, i ran down stairs to confront them and there was 3 guys in masks with one carrying a knife. i have a wife and 2 kids in bed and i gave them the keys they came for.
rang police and activated tracker and got car recovered in an hour. no car is worth what might of happened if i had stood up to them
Old 12 September 2006, 08:51 AM
GeoffMM
Scooby Regular

yes i feel the same!
Old 12 September 2006, 09:00 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I am sure if some screwdriverdickhead breaks into my house at 3am I would just happen to have returned from a hunting trip and was just putting my guns away... officer.
Old 12 September 2006, 09:20 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Terminator wrx
Just one thing. How comes it's taken a couple of years for you too worry about it now?

I posted up in a different thread about this before. I have a door at the bottom of my stairs that is locked every night when I go to bed. There is four of us in the house (2 kids me and my partner). My keys are left down stiars all the time. If a car thief can't find them and they wanted to get to me, they would end up waking the whole house up and then the trusty baseball bat will come out to play I would do what it takes to protect my family and if that's hurting somebody in the process then god help them

The car isn't worth anything to me really, not when the family could be at risk. But it is bang out of order and they shouldn't be able to get away with it. Some people arn't so lucky and they end up paying with some serious injuries. For what? A pile of metal or a pile of junk if they can't drive!
Old 12 September 2006, 09:31 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=EOEUMC]Just one thing. How comes it's taken a couple of years for you too worry about it now?

QUOTE]

Because since it happened i got rid of the skyline and had 'normal ' cars but now ive got a scoob again it started me thinking.
Old 12 September 2006, 09:56 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

I was thinking about this situation the other day, and remembered watching this programme ages ago where an ex-burglar was being driven round an estate and being asked what he thought of the security measures on some of the houses they came across. By the end of the programme it seemed like the general consensus was that he wouldn't touch a house that clearly had an operational alarm system fitted, and instead would target houses with old alarm boxes/no alarms at all.

When I go to sleep at night my keys are downstairs, but the whole downstairs of the house is alarmed. I'm sure if someone really wanted to get in they could, but I'd like to think its that little bit safer because of the house alarm!
Old 12 September 2006, 09:59 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

To be honest I never gave it a second thought, until last Monday when it happened to us....
I am just so grateful that I married a man who is more concerned with his wife's safety than what happens to an insured vehicle, yes we are gutted and we have lost £££'s plus all the hassle but at the end of the day we are okay.
It is funny listening/ reading about all these heroes who think it can't/ won't happen to them because they sleep with a baseball bat next to the bed. We did not hear a thing until it was too late - two policeman stood in our bedroom that could just as easily have been armed intruders.
We live in a very quiet area where the last exciting thing to happen was someone mowing their lawn on a Monday instead of a Sunday, now we have to decide whether it is worth replacing the cars (Scoob and Evo) for the same or something a little less noticeable.
Old 12 September 2006, 10:24 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I fully sympathise and agree with Lydia and some of the others. In the wee small hours when your in the land of the fairies doped out of your head on melatonin, you will be no match for several tooled up thugs hyper on adrenalin. By the time you've registered what's happening and have worked out that you need that baseball bat that's not already in your hand your skull may already be fractured. Leave the keys downstairs in an obvious position but away from doors and windows.
Old 12 September 2006, 10:36 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

OK, so i dont yet own a Scoob

However - My keys go upstairs in the bedroom, we have an alarm which is connected to the local police station, my car's in the garage (when I eventually buy a scoob, this will be wired in to the house alarm)

We also have CCTV (overkill you ask? you never know) - this is specifically for the unruly kids which can cause a nuisance at night (I've had a few do's with them) so you never know how safe the car is, also our road is main access to a golf club & farming land, the road is cobbled (private) & the farming vehicles have a tendancy to catch the barn, thus CCTV

There is another reason for the alarm to be wired into the police which i'd rather not post

I have a few 'nasty' little toys including an air pistol filled with salt pellets (get a load of that Mr Thieving scumbag!)
Old 12 September 2006, 10:52 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RMA26
There is another reason for the alarm to be wired into the police which I'd rather not post

Are you a Super Grass ????

Seriously though, reading the above. If you spend your life worrying about if your car is going to be stolen, then it's probably best to sell it and get something else.
The only real time I lay down at night and worry, is when I've just bought a new car. A week or so later it doesn't even register. Naturally I don't just park my car anywhere, I always make sure the area is safe-ish.
I live in an apartment so it's highly unlikely that I would get burgled for my car keys (too many doors to break into) so my real worry (if I let it) would be getting car jacked).
If I did have a house, I'd always leave my car keys downstairs, as for the reasons above. Why get your skull smashed in for a piece of metal. Yes we're all attached to our cars, and I certainly don't want some scummy piece of **** stealing my car, but cars can be replaced. Skulls are harder to replace.

Same as Car jacking. I remember reading last year about a guy getting stabbed and hit over the head with a hammer, just for his car keys. If anyone confronted me with a screwdriver/knife/hammer etc, I'd throw the keys at them, and let them take it. Unless I could run away that is. Though scum would probably only confront you when you had no escape route.

Jackie Chan was once asked what he would do if confronted by a knife wielding mugger wanting his wallet. Answer? Give him my wallet. Why risk being killed for a small amount of money. Says it all.
Old 12 September 2006, 10:54 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Are you a Super Grass ????
**** no! - It's personal
Old 12 September 2006, 11:02 AM
The Terminator wrx
Scooby Regular

I have had the car less than i week so its on my mind.
Thanks for your insite guys !
Old 12 September 2006, 11:19 AM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

my keys go on by bed side cabinet where my ice axe is kept and due tue to health probs i sleep so light i can here the cat flap 10 houses up
Old 12 September 2006, 12:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaz-cole
my keys go on by bed side cabinet where my ice axe is kept
And what if he's bigger and harder than you? What if there were 2, 3, or 4 of them? What if they took the ice Axe off you, and stabbed you in the skull with it?

Not worth it is it? just let them have it and let them leave. Phone the police and hope they kill themselves in it.

Fair enough if you do wake up, and you are ready for a burglar coming up the stairs, but do you really think you could wipe out 4 tooled up lads all by yourself? Now take away the ice Axe and replace with a shotgun, and your onto a winner, IF you wake up first.
Old 12 September 2006, 12:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RMA26
**** no! - It's personal
Being a Super Grass, you would deny it though
Old 12 September 2006, 12:46 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

If anyone is interested I am considering starting my own business offering advice, training and products for home security and similar situations. Still in the early stages of planning but myself and a friend are considering this. We are aiming to deliver an overall package to the home owner that should improve their physical security and also carry out some training. This would be aimed at people with high value cars etc. I wont give any further details as this might be considered advertising I guess - but PM me if this is something you would find useful.
Old 12 September 2006, 12:59 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

So, when a guy tackles the ******* in the middle of the night in the belief that your training will make him invincible, will his widow have the right to sue
Old 12 September 2006, 01:14 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

All you can do is make sure you have a disklok for the steering wheel, a burglar alram as an extra deterrant, although if they come in and it goes off all it would do would be let you know someone is in the house, the police would never arrive quick enough to stop them anyway, if we are honest, it only takes them seconds to get the keys and be off.

All you can do is take precautions, and keep you and your loved ones as safe a possible.

I feel sorry for anyone who has had it happen to them it must be such a frightening thing.
I am not a wimp but I would never confront someone who is entering my house in such a way, I would rather be an alive chicken than a dead hero.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or does anyone else worry...