ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

EBAY SCAM EMAIL LOOKIN DETAILS

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2006, 12:24 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY SCAM EMAIL LOOKIN DETAILS

ANOTHER SCAM EBAY EMAIL LOOKING FOR DETAILS INCL CREDIT CARD AND PASSWORDS ETC ETC. BE AWARE AS LOOKS VERY GENUINE. FOLLOW LINK AND KEY IN ANYTHING FOR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND SEE NEXT PAGE. SCUM *******S. CLICK CANCEL ON LANGUAGE PACK. AS SAID KEY ANYTHING FOR USER NAME AND PASWORD. I CAN SEE LOT PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS.

TKO NOTICE: Suspicious Activity.
Dear Customer ,

For the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please use the link below and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated. .

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

To update your record please click here:
It is highly recommended that you right click on the link and select "Open in new window" option
as some mail clients will not allow you to proceed!
https://users.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?OneTimePayment&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

eBay will request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in this email.
Thank you for using eBay!
www.ebay.com

This eBay notice was sent to you based on your eBay account preferences. If you would like to review your notification preferences for other types of communications, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text only, click here.
As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright . 2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

Last edited by LegacySTi; 06 October 2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old 06 October 2006, 08:47 AM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Just clicked on the above link to check if the anti-phishing filter that comes with Internet Explorer 7 works and it told me straight away it's a dodgy link.
Old 06 October 2006, 09:13 AM
Stainy
Scooby Regular

That really is quite convincing. They have a new registered user 'phuckrightoffyouphishingscum'
Old 06 October 2006, 09:21 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

There is a simple set of rules for this - Never click on any links from email from Ebay/Paypal/anyone who has your card details. If you get a mail saying there is a problem with your account - always go to the site by typing the proper URL in a new explorer window.
Old 06 October 2006, 09:27 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

I normally email any thing I get that I think is SPAM to Ebay, then wait for their answer
Old 06 October 2006, 09:36 AM
Shmerman
Scooby Regular

When entering any personal details and credit card/debit card details I always look for the padlock at the bottom of the screen. If it isnt there the page is not secure.

I also clicked on the link and the URL changes in the address bar to an IP and rather than a www.****** also another give away.

Keep vigilant peeps!
Old 06 October 2006, 09:47 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Also, with ebay any emails they send you that are official, will be copied in the newish 'messages' section of 'My EBay'.

I had one the other day, looked real enough but none of the links were actually hyperlinks and it wasn't copied hence fake.
Old 07 October 2006, 12:08 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

NO WAY. I JUST RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL POSING AS PAYPAL WITH THIS LINK. HAVE TO BE THE SAME PEOPLE AS VERY CONVINCING. AGAIN KEY IN ANY NAME OR PASSWORD. PURE SCUM.

http://www.welshcobs.com/cgi-bln/index.html
Old 07 October 2006, 03:30 AM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

I must admit all the spoof emails that fly around the internet do make me laugh sometimes. It's so sad that the folks who put them together don't even think to proof-read them before sending, so it's hardly a surprise that people sense they're not genuine when presented with combinations of dodgy graphics, poor spelling, suspect grammar, random changes of fonts and sizes, repetition of content, repetition of content ( ), and incorrect use of "your" and "you're". Bless.

Jonts.
Old 07 October 2006, 08:20 AM
Bone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robocop
Just clicked on the above link to check if the anti-phishing filter that comes with Internet Explorer 7 works and it told me straight away it's a dodgy link.

Yes and then get all the sites you visit sent to Micro**** first, which is exactly what they want. Not only are they checking your XP for piracy and disabling options without your say so but also viewing your entire web history.

Get yourself a REAL browser, one thats secure, not a spyware/Track cookie magnet, one thats fast and one that does not have holes waiting to be patched for 2 months as you only their people work on it.
Old 07 October 2006, 09:14 AM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Bone

What browser would you suggest then?
Old 07 October 2006, 09:53 AM
jimbo54
Scooby Regular

l have become paranoid with internet banking in general and paypal in particular, our joint account was hacked recently 3 amounts of money were taken, because of this we check our account every day, imagine my horror when l discovered 3 days ago that £462. had been removed this time using my card details, phoned the bank and discovered that the money had been taken by paypal themselves very strange considering my pay pal account was closed over a year ago, telephoned paypal who are investigating, this investigation can take up to 10 days. l could understand all this happening if l were careless with card details, the opposite however is true, l always report emails to paypal even if they dont look dodgy, l shred all paperwork that comes from the bank, l keep my card in a safe place yet l still became a victim. The banks are losing 1 million pounds a day to fraud, because of the amount of profit being made from card transactions this seems to be acceptable.
Old 07 October 2006, 07:22 PM
Sizer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bone
Yes and then get all the sites you visit sent to Micro**** first, which is exactly what they want. Not only are they checking your XP for piracy and disabling options without your say so but also viewing your entire web history.

Get yourself a REAL browser, one thats secure, not a spyware/Track cookie magnet, one thats fast and one that does not have holes waiting to be patched for 2 months as you only their people work on it.
Such as??
Old 07 October 2006, 09:59 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

This is a reported phishing website
http://update.suntsefuvostrupanamor....nIn/index.html

Internet Explorer has determined that this is a reported phishing website. Phishing websites impersonate other sites and attempt to trick computer users into revealing personal or financial information.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

Online phishing (pronounced fishing) is a way to trick computer users into revealing personal or financial information through an e-mail message or website. Phishing Filter is a feature in Internet Explorer that helps detect phishing or fraudulent websites.

For more information, see Phishing in Internet Explorer Help.

Report that this is not a phishing website.

Internet explorer 7 works fine for me, a lot of Keybord warriors around tonight!
Old 07 October 2006, 10:04 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bone

Dude you need to take some pills, your paranoid!

But you will be right once!

There is no such thing as a Safe Browser! All browsers have there security Holes, common sense and a little thought works wonders!

Also i believe Bones, theres new pills out. Blue Smarties :P

Have a nice browse!
Old 08 October 2006, 07:55 AM
Bone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf
Dude you need to take some pills, your paranoid!

But you will be right once!

There is no such thing as a Safe Browser! All browsers have there security Holes, common sense and a little thought works wonders!

Also i believe Bones, theres new pills out. Blue Smarties :P

Have a nice browse!

Its nothing to do with paranoia. I just don't want my entire web hiostory going to microsoft, when theres no need to. A no its wrong there are safer browsers than others out there.

Microsoft takes ages to sort out some patches. Fact. However most people use IE as it ships with XP and they are to lazy to research another. Firefox, opera etc often have their holes sorted far quicker because anyone can work on them not just Micro****.

Besdies, try 1 days surfing on IE then Spyware scan, then do them same for other browsers and compare the results. Main thing is it performs less, slower and crashes more. Bye.