ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

just want to say a big thanks to API

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2006, 10:23 PM
itfcdamo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just want to say a big thanks to API

as title, want to say thanks to david at API for his time today. i recently bought an impreza that is in need of remapping
i rang a few more "local" companies who were all very short and sweet with advise and help, the most common answer being, bring it too us (but don't drive it ) although its prob already buggered, and we'll rolling road it and go from there. then i would ask when could i book it in please? the reply was some time next week etc but i would need to pay up front over the telephone for the session. my concern was this route may or may not fix the problem and i would prefer to pay on the day once i knew what was going on with the car.
the car is being collected by API next week after david (the poor guy!) spent over 30 minutes on the phone to me today. i am sure there are plenty of people who call and waste these professionals time so it was a pleasure to have a conversation with someone who was not in a hurry, and who didn't make me feel like a complete idiot when asking questions. it was also really useful to be given a complete breakdown of the cost with an end figure (worse case senario price!)
once again thanks!
i'll update with spec, pics and details in a few weeks when its back!

Last edited by itfcdamo; 10 October 2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07 October 2006, 05:44 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Funny 1st post?!
Old 07 October 2006, 10:44 AM
monkeyboy840
Scooby Regular

Off to API myself in november for some engine work. only been told good things about API
Old 07 October 2006, 11:00 AM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robsw
Funny 1st post?!
Not really mate. THere are a few companies that I've dealt with that have tried the same in the past. Why I've even taken my car for a rolling road diagnostic gone there and been told they thought all I really wanted was a power run.

In my mind two companies have left a lasting impression:
Powerstation
&
API

I'm not knocking any of the other ones further north of London as they're too far from me but for the ones I've tried down south these two have spent their time establishing what I want and offered good advice.

Good luck mate
Old 07 October 2006, 11:20 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong with API's workmanship or parts, they have been going a long, long time, and do know what they are doing. But, quality can come with a price.

Still a funny first post.
Old 07 October 2006, 11:33 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

For what it's worth a friend of mine bought an API engine for his 200sx - great ex-jap engine, clean as a whistle, running strong and fast - delivered on time as promised on a nice shrink wrapped pallet - all for a very fair price.
You could very easily pay a lot more for a lot less...
Old 07 October 2006, 02:56 PM
itfcdamo
Scooby Newbie

i don't understand why its a funny first post? i mentioned i had only just bought the car, its currently not working and i found the link to API through this forum.
i was also previously registered to scoobynet under a different username last year when i had my previous impreza but i have changed email address and couldn't remember any of the passwords etc.
what would of been a better first post then?
hello everyone!
Old 07 October 2006, 03:29 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by itfcdamo
i don't understand why its a funny first post? i mentioned i had only just bought the car, its currently not working and i found the link to API through this forum.
i was also previously registered to scoobynet under a different username last year when i had my previous impreza but i have changed email address and couldn't remember any of the passwords etc.
what would of been a better first post then?
hello everyone!

Ignore Rob, it his time of the century

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the scoob, btw why is it not working ?
Old 07 October 2006, 03:53 PM
itfcdamo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DevilHimSelf
Ignore Rob, it his time of the century

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the scoob, btw why is it not working ?
thanks!
its a 2000 X reg classic in mica blue
mod wise its got:

STI turbo
power engineering stage 3 ecu
550 injectors
powerflow exhaust
front mounted tosaki intercooler
its had head work
uprated oil pump
front mounted oil cooler
powertec induction
fuel pressure reg/gauge
usual dump valve

it needs mapping as the ecu came out of another car, it does drive but is not running at full potenial

here are some pics, be gentle on me, i bought it like this and have already started reversing some of the mods stickers now removed, crystal headlights on order, going to remove the mudflaps and am hoping to strike a deal with someone for a mica blue bonnet exchange

also the plate is a private one that is now on retention, if anyone is interested in it PM me, i don't want much for it!

my old impreza post brother-in=law borrowing it

Last edited by itfcdamo; 10 October 2006 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07 October 2006, 05:19 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flynnstudio
For what it's worth a friend of mine bought an API engine for his 200sx - great ex-jap engine, clean as a whistle, running strong and fast - delivered on time as promised on a nice shrink wrapped pallet - all for a very fair price.
You could very easily pay a lot more for a lot less...
Thanks for that Flynn. A lot of Scoobynetters aren't aware that API started in 1982 and we have been supplying sensibly priced, Japanese replacement engines, with a proper warranty, for all that time. Not just Subaru, which started to build up with the bigger private import years of the late nineties.

Our biggest ever monthly sales was sometime in the late eighties with over 1400 engines sold in ONE MONTH. You don't do that by being expensive. 165 of them were first shape Micra engines.........

Thanks again David APi
www.apiengines.com