Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

this is technically scooby related...

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2006, 01:51 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is technically scooby related...

ok so lots of people know two things about me...
  1. i can draw quite well which is really appreciated by all you lovely people
  2. my scoob is pretty much knackered, engine failure on its way and starting to sound like a diesel...
but also if anyone was interested, im a part time dj too. thinking of this got me wondering if i could make some weekend money dj-ing anywhere. its not mobile disco type stuff, more club music, as in trance and house music. i know pro-dj's get £100's/£1,000's for a set, but if anyone wanted a dj for a bar or anything i thought to myself, i can do that, as ive been a "bedroom dj" for over 4 years. ive got a extensive selection of vinyl and my own decks etc, and any money gained could be put into a pot along with the drawing money im getting, all towards a decent subaru?

does anyone think this is an idea, as i can travel around to bars and clubs, even a good house party...even if its not in the soon to die subaru.

all the best nice people

andy
Old 08 October 2006, 02:18 AM
Ayde
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a very good idea mate, have you gone on other forums and offered to draw their cars too, with christmas coming up a personal drawing like the ones you do would be an excellent/novel gift for any enthusiast. How much do you charge for a drawing and how long does it take you, may be interested in one? It would keep you very busy I think but if thats what it is gonna take to get another Impreza it will be worth it in the end
Old 08 October 2006, 02:21 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ayde
Sounds like a very good idea mate, have you gone on other forums and offered to draw their cars too, with christmas coming up a personal drawing like the ones you do would be an excellent/novel gift for any enthusiast. How much do you charge for a drawing and how long does it take you, may be interested in one? It would keep you very busy I think but if thats what it is gonna take to get another Impreza it will be worth it in the end
yep i echo that to myself. it took me 4 weeks of spare time to get a A3 drawing done for staffychance on here, and he was well pleased with the results. started a thread on here and everything.
i believe he was gonna show it off on other forums, to gain any interest. if your interested mate drop me an email Superstar_dj_2003@hotmail.com or pm me and we can discuss what you would like me to do. upto you fella, loads of options...

andy
Old 08 October 2006, 07:59 AM
robsw
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
but also if anyone was interested, im a part time dj too. thinking of this got me wondering if i could make some weekend money dj-ing anywhere. its not mobile disco type stuff, more club music, as in trance and house music. i know pro-dj's get £100's/£1,000's for a set, but if anyone wanted a dj for a bar or anything i thought to myself, i can do that, as ive been a "bedroom dj" for over 4 years. ive got a extensive selection of vinyl and my own decks etc, and any money gained could be put into a pot along with the drawing money im getting, all towards a decent subaru?

does anyone think this is an idea, as i can travel around to bars and clubs, even a good house party...even if its not in the soon to die subaru.

all the best nice people

andy
Me and a mate tried this just in 2001. We gave it our best shot, had a go locally first, then spent 6 months in Brighton, and then 5 months in Liverpool.

Got plenty of gigs in bars and small clubs between us, but many wanted us to do it for nothing, or just a few drinks on the house. Once you start actually attracting punters, you can start earning decent money.

I would suggest you burn a cd of what you can do, and take copies to any local places you want to target, and basically sell yourself. It will help if you have the gift of the gab, but expect the cold shoulder half the time anyway.

Best of luck, you never know what might come of your efforts.

Robin.
Old 08 October 2006, 08:26 AM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

why dont you shoutcast a demo set?

get winamp....get SHOUTcast Server - Version 1.9.7

setup a webcam,the audio can be fed into your soundcard from your mixers output....

COME ON MATEY SHOW US WHAT YA GOT!...........
Old 08 October 2006, 08:27 AM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

SHOUTcast is Nullsoft's Free Winamp-based distributed streaming audio system. Thousands of broadcasters around the world are waiting for you to tune in and listen. Take a peek through the SHOUTcast directory (immediately listed below) to start browsing the most popular stations. Be sure to select your connection speed and then what kind of music you're looking for over on the right hand side for optimal listening pleasure. All you need is a player (we recommend Winamp) and you're set to go!

Wanna be a broadcaster? It's Free! Check the online docs to get started!