ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

FAO Mods/Webmaster

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2006, 01:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Default FAO Mods/Webmaster

After RTMing another Vapid ruined thread i have to ask is anything going to be done about him?

His little remarks are easily overlooked most of the time, but when he starts trying to effect the sale of people cars amongst other things can't something be done?

I know there have been a few threads asking the same question, which have been unanswered.
Old 11 October 2006, 01:30 PM
Vapid
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think stating the truth (as admitted by the vendor of the vehicle in question) is anything which requires moderation.

If you knew someone was trying to sell a car that had been abused within the community then surely it's your duty to at least tell them to look into the posters history. In this case a history where he boasts about numerous high rev standing starts, street racing and other abuse.
Old 11 October 2006, 01:37 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Vapid
I don't think stating the truth (as admitted by the vendor of the vehicle in question) is anything which requires moderation.

If you knew someone was trying to sell a car that had been abused within the community then surely it's your duty to at least tell them to look into the posters history. In this case a history where he boasts about numerous high rev standing starts, street racing and other abuse.
But thats not why you are doing it is it?

You are just doing it to be a pain in the ****. Any Impreza for sale on here has probably been thrashed at some point, but you don't post on those threads do you.

You are a pathetic piece of work, as proven when you threated me with violence, then denied it happened after the post was removed.

Spineless little coward. I'm sure you'll deny posting it, but you and me, aswell as a few others saw it, and it just proves how pathetic you really are.
Old 11 October 2006, 01:38 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I miss the good old days of telling someone their car was priced to highly, and highlighting things they'd "missed" from the adverts.

It's people like Vapid who are, off their own back, trying to bring back the good old days.
Old 11 October 2006, 01:39 PM
Vapid
BANNED

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
But thats not why you are doing it is it?

You are just doing it to be a pain in the ****. Any Impreza for sale on here has probably been thrashed at some point, but you don't post on those threads do you.

You are a pathetic piece of work, as proven when you threated me with violence, then denied it happened after the post was removed.

Spineless little coward. I'm sure you'll deny posting it, but you and me, aswell as a few others saw it, and it just proves how pathetic you really are.
I've certainly never threatened you with violence and am at a loss to understand why you keep claiming this. What exactly do you contend I said?

As for the issue about the car in question the person selling it has repeatedly boasted about thrashing it to within an inch of it's life and as I'm an active member of those forums where it's mentioned I feel it's my duty to save potential buyers some heartache or get them to pay what the car's worth in light of it's history.
Old 11 October 2006, 01:41 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Can always rely on Davyboy for a sensible response can't we
Old 11 October 2006, 01:43 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Glad to be of service
Old 11 October 2006, 03:49 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vapid,

Read the sites T&C's and specifically the T&C's concerning the For Sale forums.

Please abide by these T&C's, regardless of your own thoughts or views.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 11 October 2006, 04:07 PM
Vapid
BANNED

Originally Posted by webmaster
Vapid,

Read the sites T&C's and specifically the T&C's concerning the For Sale forums.

Please abide by these T&C's, regardless of your own thoughts or views.

Regards,
Shaun.
Thanks for the tip, please note the comments referred to in this thread were NOT made in the 'for sale' section. I'll be careful to stick strictly within the terms and conditions of that section should I post there.
Old 11 October 2006, 04:19 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Unsure wheather Davyboy is being sarcastic or not. But I do agree with telling sellers if they price too high. Another sect that's untouchable it now seems. People who say a car is overpriced are generally right as some take several months and even more price cuts before they *appear* to be sold.