ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Expensive thing?

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2006, 08:35 AM
craggers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expensive thing?

As I am thinking of getting Impreza next year. What is the most expensive thing to repair?

Had to replace the water pump on my Seat Leon Cupra at £500 on it own, also air pump needed to replaced which is £500 again !! So sold it since (it lemon).

Seeing I live very near to Scoobyclinic in Chesterfield (live in Swanwick), are they any good?

Finally - UK or Japanese spec, are part spec is any difference? I know the insurance will cost a bit more on Japanese model.

Sorry for all the question, as I need to make sure if Impreza (thinking of Classic shape) will be right car for me.
Old 17 November 2006, 11:31 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craggers
As I am thinking of getting Impreza next year. What is the most expensive thing to repair?

Had to replace the water pump on my Seat Leon Cupra at £500 on it own, also air pump needed to replaced which is £500 again !! So sold it since (it lemon).

Seeing I live very near to Scoobyclinic in Chesterfield (live in Swanwick), are they any good?

Finally - UK or Japanese spec, are part spec is any difference? I know the insurance will cost a bit more on Japanese model.

Sorry for all the question, as I need to make sure if Impreza (thinking of Classic shape) will be right car for me.
They're not cheap cars to run (7500 mile service interval), however if well looked after not much should go wrong aside from the usual wear and tear stuff.

Most expensive thing to go wrong is the engine blowing up. £2000 - £3000 for a rebuild.

Scoobyclinic are very highly recommended by many users on here.

UK or Jap - Well yes the insurance will be more on a Jap but then they're more powerful. Make sure you know what your doing with an import, it should be either re-mapped for UK fuel (Jap fuel is 100RON, UK is 97-99RON V-Power, Tesco Super, Super Unleaded etc.) or run on the highest RON you can get possibly with the addition of some octane booster. If not you will probably get detonation and ultimately engine blows £££££.

See here for more info on classics Subaru Impreza FAQ