ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru v's other cars Insurance wise

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2006, 05:02 PM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru v's other cars Insurance wise

Out of a toyota supra twin turbo, Subaru imprezza wrx uk model, fiat coupe 20v turbo and a renault 5 gt turbo, decided to do this to see how the above cars differ on insurance. The 5 was the cheapest followed by the supra twin turbo, then the fiat and lastly the subaru.

Very strange to find i could insurance a mk4 supra twin turbo for less than a subaru or a fiat coupe..

Old 03 December 2006, 05:04 PM
jaysscooby
Scooby Regular

impreza are a good car to steel......(quick and handle well)

thats one of the reasons its so high
Old 03 December 2006, 05:07 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Yeah, and more about, so more have been in total loss claims etc. A car with more claims against it, is going to have higher insurance due to national insurance database!

Only 11k Supra's were EVER made, and they are a toyota aswell, although it doesnt make much difference, it makes some because insurer's see toyota as an everyday car make etc with parts easily available!

But £5xx on a supra is unbeleivable lol, I paid £3,600 for the supra to be insured for one year, luckily I only owned it for 2 months!
Old 03 December 2006, 05:07 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Thats cos confused are ****!
Old 03 December 2006, 05:10 PM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Multijfj
Yeah, and more about, so more have been in total loss claims etc. A car with more claims against it, is going to have higher insurance due to national insurance database!

Only 11k Supra's were EVER made, and they are a toyota aswell, although it doesnt make much difference, it makes some because insurer's see toyota as an everyday car make etc with parts easily available!

But £5xx on a supra is unbeleivable lol, I paid £3,600 for the supra to be insured for one year, luckily I only owned it for 2 months!
Nightmare price, i had a supra twin turbo last year, and it was £800 for the year fully comp, sold it to my uncle, now the price has dropped down into the £500 range im tempted to ask him if he fancys selling me it back, see what happens.
Old 03 December 2006, 05:40 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Yeah it was a nightmare price, but I have experianced a huge price drop also for the supra, it was only £1,600 if I was to buy another twin turbo, but I am a year older with a years more driving experiance so thats why I guess.

I am still very young hence the prices but the supra had to be sold because of the pure fact the fuel it used was unbeleivable, even with 50 mph drives accross the A38 still landed me with only 120 miles to a £60 tank of Optimax! Damn S6 Twin turbo.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:02 PM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Multijfj
Yeah it was a nightmare price, but I have experianced a huge price drop also for the supra, it was only £1,600 if I was to buy another twin turbo, but I am a year older with a years more driving experiance so thats why I guess.

I am still very young hence the prices but the supra had to be sold because of the pure fact the fuel it used was unbeleivable, even with 50 mph drives accross the A38 still landed me with only 120 miles to a £60 tank of Optimax! Damn S6 Twin turbo.
When i had my twin turbo i found no matter if i drove it hard or took it easy it returned the same mpg, also another thing i was suprised at was my mate had the non turbo model and he was not getting much better mpg than me.
Old 03 December 2006, 07:32 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

insurance for any insurance group 17 car is pricey if you are below 35.

TBH - i would never pay more than £1k for insurance, it's madness. to buy a car and pay 20% of it's value on insurance, but it's your money!

I took my advanced driving test and my insurance premiums dropped. The IVA can advise on companies which offer the greatest discounts.

32years old, I pay £380 for a WRX 05 reg.

MPG wise, I have owned may turbo cars and yes, it didn't seem to matter how you drove them they drunk fuel at an alarming rate. (classic scobby, 200sx MII)

The latest Turbo cars post 2003, are different, drive them at 70mph on the motorway and they easily get 30+mph (my WRX managed 34mpg on a long run).

hope this helps.

MRP
Old 03 December 2006, 07:53 PM
mikepaul
Scooby Regular

seems to depend on how risky the insurance company rates the car.

just did a quote online

WRX as stated was £380 (stipulated a tracker is fitted)

Honda Civic Type R £492

Ford Focus ST £402

Toyota Supra £677 (stipulated a tracker is fitted)