ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MY02 STI Prodrive badging question

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2007, 05:38 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY02 STI Prodrive badging question

The STi badges on my '02 STi Prodrive are looking a bit tatty (to me, to everyone else they probably look totally fine!). There is a grill badge (which is about to have a little bit of it break off), door badges (ones peeling slightly), and the badge on the lower right hand side of the boot lid.

Now, to the question - I was under the impression all UK STi's had the "STI Type-UK" badge. Is this correct? Or did the Prodrive cars have 'normal' STI badges?

I've got a need to fix every little tiny niggling thing with this car already just because I want it to be perfect

Thanks for any help - need to make sure it looks right for any shows/meets in the summer!
Old 06 January 2007, 07:32 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Mine was badged as an STI Type UK on the back, the usual Subaru Technica International on the doors, and if it is the proper Prodrive Style Model it should have no STI badge on the grille and the foglight covers should have white STI badges unless the car is black then it will have pink STI badges
My old one looked like this.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...02sti/tat5.jpg
Old 06 January 2007, 07:54 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much.

I have to make some minor alterations to return it to normal then.

I had the niggling feeling that the grill badge shouldn't have been there - looks okay - but doesn't seem like a grill badge - if you get what I mean!

Mine no longer has STI on the foglight covers but I'm not too fussed about that.

Last edited by Prasius; 06 January 2007 at 08:00 PM.