ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

w4nk bikers

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2007, 08:14 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default w4nk bikers

I was driving the scoob today in the first bit of sun enjoying an easy drive im in the right lane on a dual carriageway theres a car in front of me doing 75-80 and car on the left.
Then i see two bikers weaving in between cars, i have a look in the rear view then there between me and the car on the left squeezing through the middle over the old cats eyes, No wonder these people crash all the time
any way we hit the private section of the road and its 3rd gear booting time up to 130 and the **** bikers are pulling over and sticking up the v's as i climb higher up the mph.
some of these 600's cant have too high a top speed it looked as though they were topping out a bit
Old 03 February 2007, 08:17 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555

Most 600's will do 150mph easy. My ZX6R does 165mph, and it gets there in a flash.
Old 03 February 2007, 09:20 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Friend of mine is a biker, he says it's safer to pass cars as you describe as there is no danger that the car will pull over suddenly & knock him off ... you wouldn't pull over as another car is in the inside lane to you.

TX.
Old 03 February 2007, 11:33 PM
mag6/4 2
Scooby Regular

hod a play with some 600s before they lost on bends lol the quicker 600 rider said to me when i stoped at a junction not been done by a scooby before!!!!!!
Old 03 February 2007, 11:42 PM
bug-eye-boy
Scooby Regular

I did an R6 the other day, he stopped and and said dam i need a quiker bike! and he rode like a dick too!
Old 04 February 2007, 12:57 AM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

if you guys ride bikes regularly ..you will know that you have no chance at all against supersport 600s (unless well over 130 plus in the rain ! )
Old 04 February 2007, 01:11 AM
weslad
Scooby Regular

problem is with bikes (i have an 06 kwak) is that im a lot more confident and prob quicker in my motor on a twisty backroad than i am on my bike due to the fack that a car is safer and a car is alot more forgiving should you hit a crap bit of road ie holes , road kill ect ect , its mainly down to the riders that limits a bike v,s car race , my bike will absolutly leave my motor standing in outright speed but i dont recon id beat a fast car such as a scooby on a twistyish back road..............
Old 04 February 2007, 01:13 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by easyscoob
I was driving the scoob today in the first bit of sun enjoying an easy drive im in the right lane on a dual carriageway theres a car in front of me doing 75-80 and car on the left.
Then i see two bikers weaving in between cars, i have a look in the rear view then there between me and the car on the left squeezing through the middle over the old cats eyes, No wonder these people crash all the time
any way we hit the private section of the road and its 3rd gear booting time up to 130 and the **** bikers are pulling over and sticking up the v's as i climb higher up the mph.
thats a bit rich is it not? slagging off other peoples driving after driving at 130 like a maniac your self

Last edited by RA Dunk; 04 February 2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04 February 2007, 01:37 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
thats a bit rich is it not? slagging off other peoples driving after driving at 130 like a maniac your self
In defence of easyscoob I think 90% of bikers think they know how to ride and they do not!!! I have seen many occasions he his talking about and I just think 'death wish' for those bikers. You can take chances in a car and get away with it. On a bike that is not an option in any way shape or form. I have overtaken bikes on the road in my scoob and the guy has waved me past or they have been very cautious in overtaking and it has always impressed me the guy has been so thoughtful, those guys of course still enjoy the thrill of riding.
Old 04 February 2007, 07:05 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmm,if a car can do 160 etc then it wil play well with a 600,when im on mine at 160 top end maxed out on private road of course it only takes a slight shift in wind and its a slight tank slapper,so i tend to back off at around 150 on my private road where i let cars on,they must of not wanted to go fast,my gixxer 6 can beat the z3 mother phat one,it was quick but still once it slows then accelerates the bike out performs.

never had a scoob beat me,from the lights on my track or from 130 accelerating....................
Old 04 February 2007, 07:14 AM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

I dont mind admitting a bike is considerablely faster on acceleration than most cars out there, but dont you hate the mopeds and kids on these 125's thinking they know the high way code?
Old 04 February 2007, 08:45 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I was driving the scoob today in the first bit of sun enjoying an easy drive im in the right lane on a dual carriageway any way we hit the private section of the road and its 3rd gear booting time up to 130
really...

i dont recall any private d/c's in the UK where you can do 130...

so you were speeding in other words.... dont blame us if you get a pull from the feds

Mart
Old 04 February 2007, 09:07 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

A 600 will outrun your Scooby, and on decent roads with a half decent rider he will do you in the corners. The only time you should have him is when it gets really twisty and bumpy on poor roads or its wet. I have riden fast sports bikes both on the road and track, and there is not much to match them. Also just get over it, just cause your in a Scooby does not make you king of the road
Old 04 February 2007, 09:11 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

SPEN555 you talk wabout riders having a death wish and yes there has been times when either i have taken a chance or i have witnessed it. But how often do you see some t*at (usually in a heap of s*it Classic) driving at high speed in a 40 limit where he is in danger of killing someone else. Bikers usually put only themselves at risk
Old 04 February 2007, 09:43 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Lets face it - theres a fair proportion of individuals on every method of transport that are complete idiots (to put it mildly).

I like bikes but sometimes I do think its a bit rich when certain parts of the motorcycle world continually whine about car drivers, when the same individuals often do nothing to minimise the risk to themselves. I have no problem with riders filtering through traffic, but when they think it's a good idea to go through heavy traffic at 60/70/80mph then, imho, they're asking to get killed. All it takes is for a driver to drift slightly inside their own lane and it gets messy very quickly.

If I'm totally honest the reason I won't have a bike is because I'd ride it like a tit on B roads and kill myself; but not being so stupid as to filter through traffic at high speed or making the assumption that all car drivers have eyeballs in their **** just looking for me.
Old 04 February 2007, 09:48 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

I agree with that comment, but when i used to ride home from work there was one busy junction where i would have to slow down to aprox 15mph as i could guarantee that some office jerk in his/her company car did not see the bright headlights. They would pull out every time, one guy was on his phone and got the shock of his life when i scrapped my boot down his paintwork
Old 04 February 2007, 10:04 AM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

Listen im not labelling all bikers christ but i certainly dont fly between two cars leaving just a ball hair between the bike and a wing mirror. if youd seen these guys you would be saying they were asking for an accident people in front were moving aside for them and they were weaving between lanes for no apparent reason (unless they were trying to warm tyres ) it was obvious they were scaring other albeit senior looking drivers
Old 04 February 2007, 11:06 AM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

So you're cruising along at 75 - 80mph, and see two bikes weaving in and out of traffic. They are obviously going to try and squeeze past you.

Rather than create a bit more room between you and the car next to you, you decide to floor it on a road that obviously has other traffic on it, to try and prove what?

I'm not trying to have a go, but think about it.....these bikers had a death wish - so why not let them pass and kill themselves somewhere else. Instead of trying to prove something by accelerating up to a high speed, just let them go. How would you have felt if they had their accident while trying to out run you??
Old 04 February 2007, 12:11 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

most dual carriage ways are 40, some are 60.

Motorways are 70 and you were doing 130+

Sorry mate but you deserve to get caught!!!
Old 04 February 2007, 12:21 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

power rangers on thier crotch rockets!!

coming from a motorcycling family i dont hate them, but it doesnt suprise why so many get injured or die.

And 99% of them are quick in a straight line but slow round the twisties, something i found out at the 'ring, the slowest things round there are the bikers!!
Old 04 February 2007, 12:22 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby51
most dual carriage ways are 40, some are 60.

Motorways are 70 and you were doing 130+

Sorry mate but you deserve to get caught!!!
i thought national speed limit of a dual carriage way is 70?!?!?!?
Old 04 February 2007, 01:12 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

bikes are slow round corners,well,let me re-phrase,the riders are slow round corners, me included,because once its gone wrong, its gone wrong, in a car you can ride on the verge,spin and think ooo, that was close,on a bike its ooo, *****, down i go, £3k repair bill o new bike.

i could go faster round the bends,but i dont due to the fact oil/diesel a bird etc might put me down the road
Old 04 February 2007, 01:22 PM
gillyz20let
Scooby Regular

ive never had a go with a bike yet that can keep up round the corners.
Old 04 February 2007, 01:39 PM
scoobian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gillyz20let
ive never had a go with a bike yet that can keep up round the corners.
Ive never had a go with a car yet that can keep up around the corners, while on me bike

we talkin PS2 games, yeah?
Old 04 February 2007, 02:05 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Friend of mine is a biker, he says it's safer to pass cars as you describe as there is no danger that the car will pull over suddenly & knock him off ... you wouldn't pull over as another car is in the inside lane to you.

TX.
as a zx6r and wrx owner i have to say your mate is a tit making excuses for his dangerous riding. In that much traffic its just stupid. queues are when most bumps happen as people run into the back of each other. overtake or if it isn't at warp speed undertake occasionally but don't squeeze between cars at 80mph or you deserve to be a greasy spot on the road.
Old 04 February 2007, 02:13 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Car drivers criticise bikers, yet most people who run around in performance cars would be nutty on a bike if they gave it a shot. Bikes sound great fun - knowing the way I occasionaly drive is enough reason in itself not to get a bike !

Last edited by andythejock01wrx; 04 February 2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04 February 2007, 02:22 PM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

I think we should admit car drivers and bike drivers all have there moments with speed and lack of dis-regard of other road users. I yes have had my moments on my car, (Silly ones too being honest) and iv been lucky.
I suppose thats why theres a high way code lol.
Old 04 February 2007, 03:53 PM
nec
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weslad
problem is with bikes (i have an 06 kwak) is that im a lot more confident and prob quicker in my motor on a twisty backroad than i am on my bike due to the fack that a car is safer and a car is alot more forgiving should you hit a crap bit of road ie holes , road kill ect ect , its mainly down to the riders that limits a bike v,s car race , my bike will absolutly leave my motor standing in outright speed but i dont recon id beat a fast car such as a scooby on a twistyish back road..............
same as that !!!

i'v got a gixer600 k6 and have raced my mates evo8 (360bhp) beat him no probs

lucky no twisty backroad 's