ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

should i sell up?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2007, 04:00 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i sell up?

seeing as the wife runs an 06 sti and i have a 04 wrx im thinking of selling up my car for a new M5, im thinking on a white one but still unsure of rear wheel drive, used too have a left hooker m3 years ago and that was a handful in the dry let alone the wet. the new m5 may be better i havent driven one yet. OR should i just fork out say 15 grand on the wrx and make it silly quick?
Old 24 February 2007, 04:17 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Have you driven the M5 yet?Awesome cars,quite safe compared to the E30 you mention I'dve thought.
Old 24 February 2007, 04:24 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

being 27 every time i have driven past the bm garage im always in a van or scruffy clothes so test driving an m5 would be more hassle. i'll scrub up and head down in some nice clothes in the scoob and se what they say then. Funny that when i went to buy the scoobs the salesman didnt even come for a test drive he just chucked the keys over, and said don't get any points. bit of snobbery going on at bm dealers methinks
Old 24 February 2007, 04:29 PM
PCM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by easyscoob
seeing as the wife runs an 06 sti and i have a 04 wrx im thinking of selling up my car for a new M5, im thinking on a white one but still unsure of rear wheel drive, used too have a left hooker m3 years ago and that was a handful in the dry let alone the wet. the new m5 may be better i havent driven one yet. OR should i just fork out say 15 grand on the wrx and make it silly quick?
How about my type ra i've just put ap's on all round and she is now a complete road/track animal!!!

Pics in my stocklist Performance Centre Manchester and some up-dated ones with the brakes and leather seats on ebay 260089216577
Old 24 February 2007, 07:37 PM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Originally Posted by easyscoob
first of all i would like to ask you which new m5 are talking about ??? what plate?
Old 25 February 2007, 04:28 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

if your getting a brand new m5 you really can't go wrong. They are amazing cars. Bmw aren't that snobby.. im only 22 and they let me test drive their cars.. admittedly i bought one and my dad!! They just want to make sure your serious!! Bit like stella in a way.. reasureingly (sp??) expensive lol!!
Old 25 February 2007, 03:49 PM
easyscoob
Scooby Regular

yeah i was looking for a brand new 07 model, i wouldntreally want to go and get a car thats just about the same as the wifes but thanks anway. I like the appearance of a er grown up car. got a test drive booked for thursday will let you know how it goes