ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I/C Spray System

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2007, 12:31 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I/C Spray System

Is the intercooler spray system on STI's a stand alone system or is the electronics part of the standard ECU.
I don't know exactly what it monitors (i was assuming ambient air temp, inlet temp, and boost/vacuum?)

I've had a FM fitted along with Apexi and wondering whether to remove and sell old spray system or (if its a stand alone system) re-plumb the spray nozzles to the front bumper?
(v3 STI)
Old 26 February 2007, 12:57 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it's controlled via the ECU.
Old 26 February 2007, 07:42 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Thats what i thought but want to know for definite
Old 26 February 2007, 07:52 PM
scuba_doo
Scooby Regular

From what i understand the jdm spec c's i/c spray has an auto setting so can be managed via the ecu . The sti type uk has manual button and only sprays when you push the button so is not ecu controlled . No reason you can not rig up the i/c spray on a scoobie not fitted with it as standard , and if using a fmic then use spray jets from an evo .
Old 26 February 2007, 09:06 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scuba_doo
From what i understand the jdm spec c's i/c spray has an auto setting so can be managed via the ecu . The sti type uk has manual button and only sprays when you push the button so is not ecu controlled . No reason you can not rig up the i/c spray on a scoobie not fitted with it as standard , and if using a fmic then use spray jets from an evo .
Good point. I did make the assumption that the poster was talking about JDM cars as reagrds the I/C spray. With the manual activation on the UK cars I can't really see that being a feature within the ECU.
Old 26 February 2007, 10:08 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Its got both functions on my I/C spray, obviously I know the manual button is manual, I was referring to the normal auto setting?

So controlled by ecu and no stand alone monitor unit for definite?
Old 27 February 2007, 02:46 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dill_typeR
Cheers
Its got both functions on my I/C spray, obviously I know the manual button is manual, I was referring to the normal auto setting?

So controlled by ecu and no stand alone monitor unit for definite?
In that case then mate yes it is a feature of the ECU. The point at which it is activated can be adjusted if you were to have an ECUTEK remap.
Old 27 February 2007, 06:54 PM
Dill_typeR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrRA
In that case then mate yes it is a feature of the ECU. The point at which it is activated can be adjusted if you were to have an ECUTEK remap.
Don't have Ecutek.

Original post
Is the intercooler spray system on STI's a stand alone system or is the electronics part of the standard ECU.
I don't know exactly what it monitors (i was assuming ambient air temp, inlet temp, and boost/vacuum?)

I've had a FM fitted along with Apexi and wondering whether to remove and sell old spray system or (if its a stand alone system) re-plumb the spray nozzles to the front bumper?
(v3 STI)

I suppose in original thread i should have emphasised by Apexi, i meant Apexi Power FC (engine management), which replaces existing v3 STI ECU.

Last edited by Dill_typeR; 27 February 2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: extra stuff.com