ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

immobiliser advice 98 uk turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2007, 09:27 PM
GeeJayDoubleYou
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default immobiliser advice 98 uk turbo!

i began a post about the strange happenings of the cars immobiliser when you park near masts/electric pylons etc.

a few mentioned how they have a keypad to manually overide the immobiliser if needed. does a 98 uk car have this function?

mine has a toad alarm/immobiliser fitted, but does have the red immobiliser light on the dash.
Old 19 March 2007, 09:40 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

mine is a My98 and doesnt have the keypad. not sure what alarm/immob i have, the remote for unlocking and the alarm has 2 buttons., one with and arrow pointing up and an A on the other. for the immob i have a sqaure plastic keyring which has to be rubbed near a certain area to de-activate the immobislier. is yours like this?

Rich
Old 19 March 2007, 09:46 PM
GeeJayDoubleYou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightwave693
mine is a My98 and doesnt have the keypad. not sure what alarm/immob i have, the remote for unlocking and the alarm has 2 buttons., one with and arrow pointing up and an A on the other. for the immob i have a sqaure plastic keyring which has to be rubbed near a certain area to de-activate the immobislier. is yours like this?

Rich
no mate, i just have the one key fob which acts as the alarm and immobiliser in one.
if i open the car but dont start if for say over a minute, when i put the key in the ignition i have to repress the unlock button on the fob which then de-immobilises (if theres such a word???) the car.

it just seems that as the car has the built in dash immobiliser light that it has a factory standard immobiliser, which makes me think that it should have the keypad that ones on here talk about.

can anyone inform me about this?
Old 19 March 2007, 11:20 PM
AndyP's_P1
Scooby Regular

I only know about the P1 and it has a keypad in the glove box or manual input o the security code.