ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 03:49 PM
_wrx_
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Newbie

Hi scooby nation ,

Iv had a mint 94 classic (49k) for approx 5 months now, lovin every minute of it(will post sum pics soon). Cant wait to c sum of the rides n meet sum members of scooby clan in person.

Quick que: I jus replaced clutch 2 months ago for £500 , though only jus recently everytime i step on throttle once engine has warmed up it seems to judder/ shake??, its seems to judder and then slow down.. not bein able to take it to high revs.. Im greatly disapointed as my knowledge in this field is not the best and dont no many mechanical literate freinds.., scooby feltch mentioned it may b clutch misalignment.., another mechanic said it may b a cheap clutch install..., i'd appreciate if any1 cud get bak to me on this, if it may b sumthin else im missin etc..

(Spec: hks quick gear shift, limited ed dump valve, apex exhaust (poppin crazy), full 4" decat, pioneer stereo, kenwood equaliser, 15" sony sub, high illumination dials and allot more!)

ps.thx to scooby feltch introducin me to scoobynet

Last edited by _wrx_; 26 March 2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 26 March 2007, 04:49 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Welcome fella

And its a scoob thing to have a judder when cold, but I was only told that after moaning about it as a newbie, Im still not that technical but someone will probably be around shortly with a better more technical answer than what I can offer you.

Old 26 March 2007, 05:01 PM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Sounds good dude - mine judders when cold a bit too - gone in a minute or two though.

MY00

Post some pics mate!
Old 26 March 2007, 05:05 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Hope the flywheel was skimmed / replaced.

Original Subaru clutches do tend to be a bit juddery when cold but only when pulling away. A good after market clutch (Exeddy organic from API ) should not judder
Old 26 March 2007, 05:08 PM
sarnyboy
Scooby Regular

welcome mate....

both of mine juddered when cold nothin to worry about
Old 26 March 2007, 06:37 PM
Scoobymart
Scooby Regular

I thought the fly wheel is to blame for clutch judder? and if you replaced it with a light weight one the problem would go away.
Old 26 March 2007, 06:39 PM
_wrx_
Scooby Newbie

thx guys, appreciate the feedback, as iv read from other posts within scoobynet i understand majority of ppl only experience "judderin" from cold... me its vice versa... thats the worrying thing about it, i get it wen the ride is warm/ hot..

for example :
i accelerate in 2nd gear.. it begins to judder and jerk so i chuck it into 3rd... and this process continues.. therefore not being able to take it to higher revs (sounds odd comin from a subaru)

iv read allot about the flywheel being related to this problem of mine, cud sum1 please shed light.. as i hav no idea wat this is..(explain in newbie terms plz)

im nothing without my scoobura

Last edited by _wrx_; 26 March 2007 at 06:46 PM.