ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

All bark no bite

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2007, 06:07 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default All bark no bite

Is it just me or do most drivers think that imprezas are dog slow, sure i don't hare around like a cat with a firework up it's **** but damn im far from slow i just like to potter around and enjoy the drive for a change don't hare around like i have some point to prove by it

Anyone else get fedup with this attitude on the roads?

Worst culprits seem to be the repmobiles
Old 29 April 2007, 06:09 PM
TimmyboyWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol the worst people for thinking they are slow are people on here, mostly VXR owners!!
Old 29 April 2007, 06:09 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ignore them, let them get ahead as they are in a safer place then and you can see what they might do.
Graham
Old 29 April 2007, 07:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

ditto the rep mobile owners. theyre a bunch of ***** on the motorways especially. say im in the outside lane overtakeing a lorry in the middle lane for instance, several times a rep mobile is literally touching my rear bumper, and as soon as i move over comfortably, they screem past in their mondeo ctdi at 100mph. whats the point. ive bitten a couple of times, and wasted them, but its not worth points on my license for some looser speeding way over the limit just so they can get to their next victim, sorry customer/client etc.

andy
Old 29 April 2007, 07:40 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Rep mobiles, they really aren't worth the petrol.

Alan MaC
Old 29 April 2007, 07:55 PM
suffolkdar
Scooby Regular

Most drivers of german cars too! If they have TDI on the boot they think you are fair game and will stop at nothing to get past you, And at times like that I really do wish there was more mobile speed cameras in 30 limits.
Old 30 April 2007, 12:42 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

personally as an ex owner i find the opposite!! i drive at a steady 80 on motorways normally on cruise control now and ive had loads of scoobies come flying up behind be even when theres another lane free. To be honest i think a lot of people overestimate how fast scoobies are! i've got a 330d now and when my impreza was standard it would not get close to my car now after the initial start and my new car isn't even fast! my impreza once tuned wouldn't have struggled with my car at all but i think standard ones would get a nasty shock although ive got better things to do than risk loosing my licence.
This may just be a reflection of the large amount of boy racers driving about in classics now though

(i still love scoobs by the way this is just my opinion)
So i guess what im saying is its the other way round a lot of the time now.. i.e chav driving an impreza and believes its the fastest thing on the road and always making posts about how it can blow away all other cars!! The posts and topics say it all.. why comment on it if you know your so much faster.. just laugh to yourself and watch people make idiots of themselves

Last edited by rossi_classicwrx; 30 April 2007 at 12:44 AM. Reason: added
Old 30 April 2007, 06:25 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
personally as an ex owner i find the opposite!! i drive at a steady 80 on motorways normally on cruise control now and ive had loads of scoobies come flying up behind be even when theres another lane free. To be honest i think a lot of people overestimate how fast scoobies are! i've got a 330d now and when my impreza was standard it would not get close to my car now after the initial start and my new car isn't even fast! my impreza once tuned wouldn't have struggled with my car at all but i think standard ones would get a nasty shock although ive got better things to do than risk loosing my licence.
This may just be a reflection of the large amount of boy racers driving about in classics now though

(i still love scoobs by the way this is just my opinion)
So i guess what im saying is its the other way round a lot of the time now.. i.e chav driving an impreza and believes its the fastest thing on the road and always making posts about how it can blow away all other cars!! The posts and topics say it all.. why comment on it if you know your so much faster.. just laugh to yourself and watch people make idiots of themselves

some good points there actually. maybe we just use different motorways?

im 22 and drive a classic, but i most definatley dont consider myself a chav. i dont think any chavs can afford to drive a scoob. young boy racers yes, but to me a chav is a council estate dropout wearing a burberry cap and his best white badidass trackies. think too many of the old guard on here consider anythin under 25 driving like a **** a chav. simply isnt true otherwise most under 25 would be chav. chavs cant afford cars anyways, their too busy buying cider and having unprotected sex
Old 30 April 2007, 08:12 AM
New_scooby_04

It can be fun to see just how mad you can make repmobiles!

I recall being stuck in the fast lane at a steady 70mph, traffic meant that I couldn't get back into the overtaking lane and nor could I go faster and maintain a safe distance between me and the car in front. That didn't stop the Vectra behind me from tailgating.

I was annoyed at his dangerous driving and getting increasingly p*ssed off myself, then.....

I recall looking in the mirror to see him shaking his fist and banging the top of the settering wheel, his bloated face red with rage that I should be in his way!!

I couldn't help, but laugh. After checking that there was no-one tailgating him, I registered my protest at this tailgating by treating him to a circa 3 mile stretch of me taping my breaklights....

I thought his head was going to explode!! Anyway, I moved over when the traffic in lane two moved out the way and Golf man shot past....... only to meet the queue of people in front of me who were also stuck at 70!!.

He then tried to undertake by cutting in front of me and bullying the car in front of me out of the way.

It transpired that the car in front of me (also a Vauxhall) happened to be an unmarked police car, who registered their protest at his tailgating by ordering him to pull over!!

Ns04
Old 30 April 2007, 08:14 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Its because ... once they have them wound upto anything over 80 they dont want to slow down because it would take them 10 minutes to reach that speed again....
Old 30 April 2007, 09:56 AM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by girl-in-a-scoob
Its because ... once they have them wound upto anything over 80 they dont want to slow down because it would take them 10 minutes to reach that speed again....
Not driven a TDi have you lol.

People don't think they're particularly slow. I think its just split into groups

The ones who want to see if they can 'have' an impreza - these are usually young-uns that have spent 200quid on a big back box and an induction kit for their clito etc

The ones who just drive like that anyway, you're not being treated any differently to anyone else they come across. They set off down a 200yard side street at full revs, slam the brakes on at the end and screech off again.

The ones that have been pi$$ed off by an impreza in the past, usually one of the lovely 'classics' available for around 3k on todays market.
Old 30 April 2007, 11:43 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
some good points there actually. maybe we just use different motorways?

im 22 and drive a classic, but i most definatley dont consider myself a chav. i dont think any chavs can afford to drive a scoob. young boy racers yes, but to me a chav is a council estate dropout wearing a burberry cap and his best white badidass trackies. think too many of the old guard on here consider anythin under 25 driving like a **** a chav. simply isnt true otherwise most under 25 would be chav. chavs cant afford cars anyways, their too busy buying cider and having unprotected sex
I wasn't calling you a chav mate. I know what you mean aswell i was only 21 when i was driving my scoob and i only recently sold it (only 23 now) so a lot of the people on here would probably classify me in the same way but i definatly wouldn't. The problem is you do see far more young boy racers driving the cars now and that is damaging the image.. personally i couldn't care less about the image though as i loved the car and that was all that was important to me.. i just couldn't justify the amount of money i was spending on the car and it wasn't economical for me.. I still miss it though!!
Old 30 April 2007, 12:14 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
chavs cant afford cars anyways, their too busy buying cider and having unprotected sex ......... and nicking Imprezas!
Edited for accuracy!

Ns04
Old 30 April 2007, 12:16 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hux309

Worst culprits seem to be the repmobiles
Especially the bottom end BMW repmobiles

Although a stupid suited up **** in a new Focus C-Max TDCi did try it on the other day, I personally always let them get a bit ahead before I waste them, much more fun
Old 30 April 2007, 12:19 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

I made a post on a similar topic a while back, however my opinion was the opposite.. I can't get any bugger to come near me in my bugeye.. The only cars I've had try it on were a new Ferrari and a crappy little pug who was having a laugh.

What do you drive, a classic or newage?
Old 30 April 2007, 12:24 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
Especially the bottom end BMW repmobiles

Although a stupid suited up **** in a new Focus C-Max TDCi did try it on the other day, I personally always let them get a bit ahead before I waste them, much more fun
Gotta love the 316i....the 'i' is VERY important.

My retort to any unpleasant owners is always the same.

"Come back when you get a proper BMW!"

Ns04
Old 30 April 2007, 12:34 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Well... im not suprised many Rep-Mobiles can take Imprezas at Motorway speeds.. afterall thats what their cars were designed for. Accelerating from 40-70 all the time.

Thing is, if you are not perfect with your gearing in an Impreza whilst rolling and put your foot down at the same time as 'Mr BMW' in his 330d you will get left behind in a 40-70 sprint.. Remember these commonrail diesels are regularly pushing in excess of 300lb/ft torque and once rolling thats what counts.

An Impreza is a fast car, but its a fast car in its own environment (which is not the Motorway).
Much like the people that say their Impreza can keep up with a Ferrari 360.... its probably true, but generally you on see these 'battles' taking place on the Impreza's stomping ground... go to the track where the Ferrari roams king and you will look silly.