ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Beware A scammer

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2007, 10:42 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware A scammer

This guy has posted stuff in the forsale COMPLETE 1995 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE BREAKING EXCELLENT PRE ACCIDENT CINDITION
shaz_thescoobyman

Warning guys do not buy a thing from this guy he is a scammer. He sold a engine to a mate of mine for £650 and told him it was just redone. so he asked him for the paperwork and the guy said he could not find it but he called the people who did it to varifiy it. so fine my mate thought ok. so he bought it the car had been smashed on the passenger side when he was loading the engine he noticed the front cover was cracked and the crank sensor was broke .so he pointed it out and the guy said oh. I did not know my mate did not know any better so he said take a bit more off and I will get it fixed. so they agreed so off he went got home and took engine to HDC to be over hauled and put in the car.The engine was fubarred it took a direct hit on the timing cover so when they took it a part the head was broke. and they had to of known because the timing was all out and there was peices of the timing wheel inside but the had replaced thr wheel and forgot to clean it out and put belt on ,so he called him up and this guy played dumb and said he had no idea but he said the engine was just rebuilt, so my mate got the name of the place and called.They said the guy bought a used engine and had been in the other day to buy a timing wheel as he had smashed his car? So my mate called him back and Shaz said he would post a cheque to him.Nedd less to say it never came.Then a few days later he disconected his mobile .and look who turns up on here.We have now contacted the police to hand this on as they were looking for him so warning this guy is note but a scam artist and will rip you off any way he can BEWARE

Last edited by Thedevilandhiscar; 29 April 2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 29 April 2007, 10:52 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

PM me his east london address pls

i have some nasty family members in bethnal green
Old 29 April 2007, 10:57 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

I have just spoke with police and they are now getting invovled has this sale was origanally off ebay and he is well known to them I even called the mobile number he posted and it is him that answered.
Old 29 April 2007, 10:58 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

something about a car maybe?

,,,....;;;;;:::: - these help.
Old 29 April 2007, 11:02 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

YA YA YA YA YA YA
Originally Posted by Dracoro

Old 29 April 2007, 11:38 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro

Old 30 April 2007, 07:22 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Thedevilandhiscar
This guy has posted stuff in the forsale COMPLETE 1995 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX ESTATE BREAKING EXCELLENT PRE ACCIDENT CINDITION
shaz_thescoobyman

Warning guys do not buy a thing from this guy he is a scammer. He sold a engine to a mate of mine for £650 and told him it was just redone. so he asked him for the paperwork and the guy said he could not find it but he called the people who did it to varifiy it. so fine my mate thought ok. so he bought it the car had been smashed on the passenger side when he was loading the engine he noticed the front cover was cracked and the crank sensor was broke .so he pointed it out and the guy said oh. I did not know my mate did not know any better so he said take a bit more off and I will get it fixed. so they agreed so off he went got home and took engine to HDC to be over hauled and put in the car.The engine was fubarred it took a direct hit on the timing cover so when they took it a part the head was broke. and they had to of known because the timing was all out and there was peices of the timing wheel inside but the had replaced thr wheel and forgot to clean it out and put belt on ,so he called him up and this guy played dumb and said he had no idea but he said the engine was just rebuilt, so my mate got the name of the place and called.They said the guy bought a used engine and had been in the other day to buy a timing wheel as he had smashed his car? So my mate called him back and Shaz said he would post a cheque to him.Nedd less to say it never came.Then a few days later he disconected his mobile .and look who turns up on here.We have now contacted the police to hand this on as they were looking for him so warning this guy is note but a scam artist and will rip you off any way he can BEWARE

good lad, il keep away from this potential joker. whats his ebay account name?

Trending Topics

Old 30 April 2007, 02:06 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

This guy lives on bowe road ?????????
Old 03 May 2007, 03:33 PM
bassman188
Scooby Regular

if i got stung for £650
he would of been meeting my mate billy
BILLY THE BAT
Old 03 May 2007, 05:12 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

He will be i am in London this weekend
Old 03 May 2007, 05:37 PM
bassman188
Scooby Regular

Old 03 May 2007, 11:20 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

he has now ripped off another member on here.Just got pm from him people beware of this guy is is a absolute idiot????
Old 03 May 2007, 11:27 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

from my experiences with this kind of thing,albeit on places like this and once or twice from people i know, police will do nothing and nothing will come of it,most the time the dude on th ephone is just that,the real coppers will read the call and think, huff,wotever,but good luck and let us know if anything positive does happen
Old 03 May 2007, 11:37 PM
Thedevilandhiscar
Scooby Regular

The police are charging him for fraud as he did rip me off I had recored conversations and the lot from this guy.Also the laws have changed now in regards to selling things online.He also ripped ebay of for a lot of money to so the police have said to me so one way or another he will get it.I have filed in court for a £1000 olus costs and he has no chance as he has not responded so it will go through and he will see a baliff soon.
Originally Posted by The Rig
from my experiences with this kind of thing,albeit on places like this and once or twice from people i know, police will do nothing and nothing will come of it,most the time the dude on th ephone is just that,the real coppers will read the call and think, huff,wotever,but good luck and let us know if anything positive does happen
Old 03 May 2007, 11:59 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm,i wish u the best but ive seen guys get stung by the courts for tens of thousands and yeah,they owe it,but paying it is a different story.

but hey,thats not this case.

keep us informed when you actually see some reddies,will be interesting to see if u see ya wonga again
good luck

cheers