ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Waving

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2007, 09:46 AM
thomsop
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waving

Had the car for a week now and was out in the Burnham area on Saturday, black STI turning right from sideroad across my path (plenty of time, nothing dangerous) and he waves as he passes by.
Yesterday morning, bumbling round town, and white classic going in other direction, driver waves as he passes.
Is this a quirk of Subaru ownership? akin to bikers nodding to each other and VW camper vans flashing headlights?
Is there any protocol? Do saloons only wave to saloons, wagons to wagons

Last edited by thomsop; 30 April 2007 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 30 April 2007, 09:50 AM
filfy
Scooby Regular

You will get lots of this Its part of the fun of scooby ownership,enjoy your scoob
Old 30 April 2007, 10:15 AM
goldmw
Scooby Regular

Hi, i have only owned my Subaru since August and get this quite a lot too. It is just part of being a subaru owner. I kinda like it but i dont usually wave 1st lol. My husband is the same with his bike.
Old 30 April 2007, 11:28 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im more a light flasher first, less embarasing if the other person is not gonna say hi back lol.
I must admit I was a little suprised the first couple of times it happened. Smart car owners do it too lol (yeeeeess I had one)

Took my mate out in the Scooby the other day, we are driving through Chislehurst, im looking to pull out, and a scooby owner from the other side flashed and waves..

Response from my mate "wow, he just waved, do all scooby owners do that to each other, how cool.......... I want one" lol
Old 30 April 2007, 12:21 PM
thomsop
Scooby Regular

My 14 year old son thought it was uber cool when the guy waved on Saturday
Old 30 April 2007, 01:17 PM
ScoobyNess
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thomsop
Had the car for a week now and was out in the Burnham area on Saturday, black STI turning right from sideroad across my path (plenty of time, nothing dangerous) and he waves as he passes by.
Yesterday morning, bumbling round town, and white classic going in other direction, driver waves as he passes.
Is this a quirk of Subaru ownership? akin to bikers nodding to each other and VW camper vans flashing headlights?
Is there any protocol? Do saloons only wave to saloons, wagons to wagons
I thought it was cool when other Scoobies started waving haha! I always wave even if the other Scooby doesn't wave hehe! We are all SPECIAL haha! I don't ever wana sell my baby, I love it!! Esp now summer is on the way!! Keep on waving thats what I say!
Old 30 April 2007, 03:12 PM
psychomorph
Scooby Regular

BOO, hiss those that don't, its all good and one thing I was asked when at scoobyclinic. Also Land/Range Rover drivers do this all the time except the flash new ones that don't know what they have got.
Old 30 April 2007, 03:16 PM
MisterAdam
Scooby Regular

I'll normally give people a wave/flash/nod/smile if i see them, its ace when they do it back Have only ever had one person not wave back and i did feel like a wally
Old 01 May 2007, 12:13 PM
kaa273
Scooby Regular

they seem to have stopped doin it in sheffield
Old 01 May 2007, 12:20 PM
Ste1711
Scooby Regular

I quite often pass a scooby near where I live (Stockport) on my way to work, The first time he waved and flashed at me I ended up doing 29mph down the road as I thought the danepak police) would be waiting round the corner!!
Old 01 May 2007, 12:48 PM
daniel p smith
Scooby Regular

i get waved all the time by me, on my way home from work the other day came to a busy junction turning right traffic was a killer sat ther for a minute no one would let me out then another scooby came from one direction , then another from the other direction and they both flashed and let me out i couldn't believe it that doesn't happen everyday but i'm glad it did pays to own a subaru
Old 01 May 2007, 01:32 PM
Spyd
Scooby Regular

I've had the scooby since Feb and 9/10 scooby owners have waved, even when i'm half way accross the country. It's so fun, i'll never get bored of it, lol.
Old 01 May 2007, 02:13 PM
Mo.k
Scooby Regular

I wave at scooby drivers, in Surrey almost everybody waves back, but when i go up to London to see my mates like last night two black scoobys going out of London on A3 (single lane bit) one STI and one looked like RB320 both drivers totally ignored me. I think both were stuck up or just don't wave at classic's. Keep on waving