ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Private Plate transfer experts ...advise please

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2007, 05:34 PM
Monkian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Private Plate transfer experts ...advise please

Hi I have a question for the board regarding removing private plates from a car.

I currently have a car with a private plate that has been off the road and Sornd for some years.

The car is undrivable and has bits missing ( no engine, suspension, windows etc.)
I want to transfer my private plate off the car and scrap the shell right awayso it doesnt require a new reg number to be allocated. I dont mind putting the plate on retention or relocating it to a car that is used daily.

Looking at the DVLA website , it states that the donor car must have tax/mot etc...and/or inspected but there is no way I can get the car back to running condition.

Can any body offer any advise on the situation... The last thing I want is to loose the plate.

Thanks
Old 02 June 2007, 05:40 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

You need to speak to someone at the DVLA and explain the situation, they will advise of where to go from here.
Old 06 July 2007, 08:49 AM
Monkian
Scooby Regular

I managed to get the plate off the car and transfered onto retention with no problem...

The woman inspector came round and checked the chassis number and that was it. I had to basicly write to the DVLA and do a bit of grovveling.

I really thought I'd loose it due to it not being taxed or M0T for almost 2 years but luckily got out away with it.

Happy chappie
Old 06 July 2007, 11:03 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They only require the MOT etc. so they know its all legit, i.e. its not a ringer etc. as you say they will come and inspect if need be to make sure your not trying to pull a fast one