CG-Lock seatbelt locking device

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2007, 01:06 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG-Lock seatbelt locking device

CG-Lock

Anyone else have one of these fitted in their car?

I bought one a few months ago and it is one of the best and cheapest mods that I have fitted. At lot of the benefits of a full harness and none of the drawbacks. It allows you to lock the lap belt part of you seatbelt to hold you tight into the seat but still allows the shoulder part to move so you can still see at road junctions. Really makes a difference to your driving, making you feel more plugged into the car and not moving about in the seat. Fits in minutes and is easily removable www.cg-lock.co.uk .

For those attending the Southern Big One on the 8th July at Beale Park www.southernbigone.co.uk CG-Lock have offered us a killer deal on the day:

These will be on offer for £35 with £2 of that going to our chosen charity (normally £44.99)

Hope to see you all at the SBO – don’t forget to sign up on the website
Old 26 June 2007, 01:26 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

While it is a good device and does strap you down into the seats it does have it's drawbacks.

A harness on track will hold your shoulders in place round bends. I have found with the CG-Lock on track I am still moving around in the seat with the top half of my body.

Also, the part that slides over the belt and 'locks' into place is rubbish to be honest. The part is so small and as you get in the car you can easily knock your seat belt, it falls off and you lose it. You will then have to buy another. I have CG-Locks fitted on drivers and passenger sides. A passenger got in the car and brushed the belt. The slide part fell off and luckily she felt it and I put it in the glove box.
Old 26 June 2007, 01:33 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got one. Love it!

Never had the slide part falling off.
Old 26 June 2007, 01:39 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

swings and roundabouts really, the CG is great for the road as you can lean forward at junctions where you can't with a full harness. Granted it will never be as good as a full harness on the track. I see it as a good halfway house for the road (where most of us spend 95%+ of the time ie better than the belt but less dangerous than a harness.

I have never knocked the slider off, mine is locked down and i use the release button at the side to adjust the device. Found that you do need to make sure that the slider is fully over the retaining lugs. Using the release button on the side it has all been plain sailing and i use it when getting out of the car to put the device up to the top of the belt out of the way.
Old 26 June 2007, 01:42 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

http://videos.hspn.com/?videoid=40&catid=1
Old 26 June 2007, 01:46 PM
Playsatan
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you'd use one of these if you were pressing on or on a track day? And it works by pulling the lap belt tight and locking it into place?

So what happens if you have an off, you're more likely if you're driving like that, and the seat belt pre-tensioner fires?