ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

opinions please of scooby owners who previously owned evo's

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2007, 10:57 PM
Dan20vt
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions please of scooby owners who previously owned evo's

just wondering what the pro's and con's between the 2 cars are, obviously both great cars but i'm interested to know the opinions of people who have owned both reliability, performance, tuning,comfort and cost to run etc....... cheers dan.
Old 27 June 2007, 11:23 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Have a look on "Other marques", my post about " Anyone ever owned....."

https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marq...ver-owned.html

And then on MLR, Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum - Anyone ever owned.............

Which basically asks the same question in reverse.

Noticeably more answers re Evos than re Scoobs

Alcazar
Old 27 June 2007, 11:29 PM
Dan20vt
Scooby Newbie

seen your post on mlr but thought they might be bit 1 sided,as they all now own evo'swanted a few opinions of people who have swithched from evo to scooby.
Old 28 June 2007, 08:16 AM
MV
Scooby Regular

I have an Evo 6 and a scoob. The scoob is a great car but the evo is stunning. I use the the scoob for work and the evo for weekends. Evo does cost more to run but its worth it.
Old 28 June 2007, 12:33 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MV
I have an Evo 6 and a scoob. The scoob is a great car but the evo is stunning. I use the the scoob for work and the evo for weekends. Evo does cost more to run but its worth it.
Are both cars standard MV ?
Old 28 June 2007, 12:39 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Had an evo VII and an VIII, and 2 UK Turbo 2000 Imprezas then the current STi8

Out of the box the Evo is certainly the more focused car, it has better throttle response with little or no lag, sharper handling, and just feels more 'plugged in' to the driver and their inputs.

However, with the STi now 'almost' finished and pushing out 388 BHP, with AST suspension and a few other choice mods it rocks.

Knocks the socks off my little bro's Evo VIII FQ300 in every department.

Obviously an Evo can be tuned to the same kind of levels, but at the end of the day it lacks some of the quirkiness of the Impreza. Frameless doors, the sound of the exhaust, the scoop... you get the picture.

Running costs are pretty much the same for both cars, i.e. horrendous

At the end of the day you'll not be disappointed with either marque.
Old 28 June 2007, 12:45 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Had an evo VII and an VIII, and 2 UK Turbo 2000 Imprezas then the current STi8

Out of the box the Evo is certainly the more focused car, it has better throttle response with little or no lag, sharper handling, and just feels more 'plugged in' to the driver and their inputs.

However, with the STi now 'almost' finished and pushing out 388 BHP, with AST suspension and a few other choice mods it rocks.

Knocks the socks off my little bro's Evo VIII FQ300 in every department.

Obviously an Evo can be tuned to the same kind of levels, but at the end of the day it lacks some of the quirkiness of the Impreza. Frameless doors, the sound of the exhaust, the scoop... you get the picture.

Running costs are pretty much the same for both cars, i.e. horrendous

At the end of the day you'll not be disappointed with either marque.
Old 28 June 2007, 12:50 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

but you wont get the soundtrack with the evo lno mater what you do to it ol
Old 28 June 2007, 12:50 PM
steveorangewrx
Scooby Regular

I have had an evo3 after my first impreza (96 wagon). I changed back to impreza (94 wrx) because I simply missed the noise and charecter of the scoob Dont get me wrong, they both cost a fortune and are off the road more than on but the sxcoob does it for me
Old 28 June 2007, 03:40 PM
markGT
Scooby Regular

Had an EVO VI TME before I bought my MY05 STI PPP. To be honest there is nothing between them, they do the same thing but in a different way. The STI is more rewarding to drive and has more character than the TME but it depends what floats your boat and what you are looking for. If you can find a sensibly priced EVO VI TME it’s the one to have and is still regarded as the pinnacle of the Evolution. If I had a spare 14K to spare I'd have another one to keep the scoob company
Old 28 June 2007, 05:59 PM
amazingjames
Scooby Regular

i dont own a scoob but do have an evo6 and compared to my friends k plate wrx its head and shoulders ahead of it. the scoob is defo more fun to drive as it takes more driver skill but the evo on a whole is a better deal.. try both and see what you think for yourself as it allways comes down to the buyers tastes.. whay i like you might not and so forth..
Old 28 June 2007, 09:13 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

[quote=amazingjames;7060994]i dont own a scoob but do have an evo6 and compared to my friends k plate wrx its head and shoulders ahead of it. [quote]
Old 28 June 2007, 09:21 PM
deansscooby
Scooby Regular

Scoobs is in a league of its own.
evo,s will just sound like your boy racer corsa no matter what bhp you through at it.
Old 28 June 2007, 09:31 PM
stevewrxwagon
Scooby Regular

I've had a 2001 reg WRX wagon, a 2002 Sti with PPP, an Evo V111 MR 340 and am now in a 2006 JDM Sti with ASTs etc. The Evo for me was ballistically fast but that was it......... it had no character, I hated the seats which were too narrow (& I'm not exactly huge!)..... I did not mind the service intervals, the Evo ride was actually better than the 2002 Sti even though it had Prodrive springs (but not as good as my JDM/AST set up).

All in all, when I 1st got back into an Sti it felt like I had come home, the car 'fits' me, the performance is similar in the real world, the Sti was cheaper (mine was 6 months old when I bought it), I never bothered working out mpg on the Evo but I guess it was about 20 mpg (I drive like a granny) - I'm getting between 20 & amazingly 26 mpg (average 23) from the Sti.....

All up, I'm glad I tried the Evo, I will look at the Evo X when it comes out, but I doubt I will return to the darkside.......

However this debate has raged forever & lots of people will argue for the Evo...... at the end of the day, you pays your money & take your choice..... £ for £ there is probably nothing that can beat either.....
Old 29 June 2007, 02:34 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by stevewrxwagon
However this debate has raged forever & lots of people will argue for the Evo...... at the end of the day, you pays your money & take your choice..... £ for £ there is probably nothing that can beat either.....
Loved both EVO and JDM scooby. and as said £ for £ EVO's versa Scooby not a lot in it.

I'd probably vote the EVO overall as the better handling and modding car but the scoob with more Characture

Tony