Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

GETTING ON THE SCOOBIE LADDER!!?!?!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2007, 12:35 PM
Alpinehead
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GETTING ON THE SCOOBIE LADDER!!?!?!!

HIT 25 YEARS OLD..... GOT A WIFE N KID.... NEED FAST CAR WITH ENOUGH DOORS... "I KNOW" ILL GET A SCOOBIE!!! HOW MUCH IS INSURANCE!!!!!

So rather than get propper mugged off i decided to go for a 2.0 ltr Sport.

i see there are lots of advice on gettin a Turboed scoobie but no 1 seems to say much about the Sport. Is this because there are horror`s im not aware of, or purely coz every 1 has turbos.

Im aware the Sports are cheaper to buy but if im gunna get 1 i dont want a ****ter. Basicly im askin some 1 in the know, whats should i steer clear of,(and dont say a non turboed scoobie!! :P) whats the best sort of age and price, and £3000+ on insurance just coz it has a snail attached still takes the p**s!!!

Hope to get some decent advice as my scoobie budget is burning a hole in my pocket!!!
Old 15 July 2007, 01:11 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

i had a sport for 3 years before going for a turbo,they are great cars they just dont have huge amounts of power,they can however be made to sound great,handle better than a standard turbo and look good.
personally i didnt go down the lookalike route because its a sport and it will never have the performance of a turbo so dont pretend.if you really want a turbo dont convince yourself that a sport will do,it wont(i speak from experience).i sold mine in feb this year for £2950 it was an immaculate example with afew mods,this was a very good price there are some great buys out there.just make sure its got a good history and you wont go far wrong.
for more advice about sports this is the site for you
.:ImprezaSport.net:.

good luck.
Old 15 July 2007, 02:51 PM
Alpinehead
Scooby Newbie

Nice 1 m8, Cheers 4 the reply. please all keep me posted on any sales of a Sport. (no ragged specemins wrx wannabes please!!!)
Old 15 July 2007, 03:04 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i had a sport to start with as well.not a bad car not that quick and handle like a old ford sierra.but i soon sold it and got turbo
Old 15 July 2007, 03:07 PM
jonny81
Scooby Regular

If its insurance thats stopping you getting a turbo mate then shop around.

Im 26 with 3 points for speeding & 3 years NCB and im paying £900 on an STI v2 fully comp.

Old 15 July 2007, 03:11 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

I have a Sport that I have improved on with suspension/brakes and unleashed the flat four burble, plus a few styling mods and its still a sport...still looks like one. Please view my scooby.

Sports may not have the power (there biggest drawback) but they are no slouch. To over come this, there handling is spot on.

I am also on ImprezaSport.Net. Its a great forum with frendly people. Come and say Hi
Old 15 July 2007, 03:30 PM
Alpinehead
Scooby Newbie

Default Phat..

Just viewed ya car m8 looks mint... thats along the lines i wanna go... mildly modded but not ott!!

fine example!!
Old 15 July 2007, 03:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i had a sport for when i passed my test at 21. good car, looked nice, had a good exhaust on it, but not really fast enough. every other box was ticked with regards handling etc, but for the speed, a turbo is the jobby.

you could pick up a decent 97 turbo for around £3500 now, and being 25, especially with a wife and child, insurers should take a better approach, then say a 25 year old singleton.

try eCar Insurance - Get a low cost car insurance quote from eCar Insurance, did me a right deal, and im 22.
Old 15 July 2007, 05:31 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alpinehead
Just viewed ya car m8 looks mint... thats along the lines i wanna go... mildly modded but not ott!!

fine example!!
Thanks. My inspiration has been to try and keep it factory looking if it had rolled of the Impreza production line with a JDM/USDM (Japanese Domestic Market/United States Domestic Market) slant.
Old 15 July 2007, 05:34 PM
VoteConservative!
BANNED

Whats your budget?
Old 15 July 2007, 05:48 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

strangely im paying less insurance on my turbo compared to my modified sport .good sports come up for sale on the sport website almost weekly.