ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What would you do ??

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2007, 02:00 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do ??

At present I'm going through weired period .

Basically I'm starting a new job in 3 weeks which will mean no more company car .

I've not long bought an Sti Type-Ra which I absolutely love to bits and it's minter ( see view my scooby ) It's by far and away the best car I've ever driven let alone owned, and I'm really gutted to have be having to thinking about selling so soon - But on the other hand have been offered a better job with better prospects and more money.

Now, I'm in 2 minds weather to sell My Impreza completely and buy another performance car with more creature comforts or keep my Ra and take out a small loan and buy a daily drive IE Astra, Focus sort of thing.

I posted a for sale thread earlier this week but removed it as I couldn't go through with it ..

What would you do ??

Last edited by Luke-Avfc; 21 July 2007 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spanners
Old 21 July 2007, 02:02 PM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

Why cant u just drive the Scooby to work?

Edit that, just seen whats been done to it. Not much in the way of comfort in it.

Last edited by WetPatch; 21 July 2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: monkeys
Old 21 July 2007, 02:07 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

It's a 50 mile round trip in a rally car basically.

For 1 it would kill my wallet and for 2 would probably kill my car

Seriously , these car's just aint built for commuting like some other Impreza's and using it everyday would just defeat the whole object of my buying such a car.
Old 21 July 2007, 02:15 PM
MisterMelon
Scooby Regular

Hmmm i wouldn't sacrafice your scooby mate, work out your figures if you think you can afford it then its well worth getting a second car. Granted i only use my little run about for about a 25mile round trip but i picked this little baby up for 200 quid with 60k on the clock 1.5 diesel , so thats just an idea of whats out there

Here she is:

Last edited by MisterMelon; 22 July 2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 21 July 2007, 02:21 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

It really is a situation I've never been faced with TBH. The thought of owning two car's, for me anyway is crazy.

I've got the car avertised on another forum just to see what sort of interest it generates as there is only a couple of car's I'd consider as a p/x.

If nothing happens between now and when I start the Job I think I'll definatly have to look into a 2nd car.
Old 21 July 2007, 02:37 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

You have a very nice car there, and you would never recover the cost for all the mods if you sell up. 2nd car definitely imo.
The saving in your fuel (Subaru) could pay for the ownership of a small economical car and keep your pride and joy for weekends etc.
Old 21 July 2007, 02:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bob r
You have a very nice car there, and you would never recover the cost for all the mods if you sell up. 2nd car definitely imo.
The saving in your fuel (Subaru) could pay for the ownership of a small economical car and keep your pride and joy for weekends etc.
spot on!

Trending Topics

Old 21 July 2007, 02:58 PM
Luke-Avfc
Scooby Regular

I know you never recoupe what you put in. A prime example was with 1st Impreza. I paid £6500 for it put over £4000 in mods into it then sold it a year later for £6000
Old 21 July 2007, 07:55 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cheap diesel = £600 and will do 50mpg+. Add in insurance @ £200??? a bit of a DIY service now and again @ £20.

Now take an RA @ maybe 25mpg, so twice the fuel costs.

So, if you're saving say £30 a week..........

About £1400 a year 'saving', which will more than pay for the banger. A bonus also that you'll have a second car should one go wrong, you can keep the RA mint, low milage etc, AND you'll actually enjoy driving it as and when you do.
Old 22 July 2007, 11:13 AM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

If I was in your position, I'd keep the Subaru for weekend use and buy another car. Cheap diesel as stated above.
Also, if you Impreza is ever off the road for more mods or if it ever breaks down, you will still have another car to get around in.
Old 22 July 2007, 05:01 PM
Krinara
Scooby Newbie

Default 2nd car

First of all, very nice car indeed
Just like the statements above I must say, keep the car and get a cheap diesel commuter. Also, your new job is better pay anyway
...but, I hope you make the decision your conscience can live with.

Cheerio,
Pete