**** in the Focus ST170

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2007, 11:03 AM
Alexppp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** in the Focus ST170

Morning Guys & Gals

Just thought I post about this **** last night on the A40 Oxford bound. Driving home from work 17.40 and reached the part of the road which goes from 50-70 (3 lanes) I was doing 70-75 and in the fast lane which even if you wanted to, you couldn't do more due to the volume of traffic anyway I spotted this Blue, newage STI which was very nice by the way.Tried to give him a scooby wave but it wasn't a good time. All of a sudden this Ford Focus St170 seems to come up out of no where in the middle lane at about 90mph, slams on his brakes and squeezes in front of me. I thought where's he going to go? Was it really worth it? Then this guy in the Focus moves fast to slow lane in one sweep so he can under take a whole lot of cars. He must of seen 2 Scoobs and thought I'll show em!!! and grew a pair of of mincey ****** *****! Plus there was a older M3 which none of us made any attempt to follow. There is always accidents on this stretch of road and this is how they happen. To top is off, the slip road that I get off at Uxbridge & Denham which goes into 2 lanes for left and right with Traffic light at the bottom. we all queue there in rush hour and there is the same **** in the wrong lane and he cuts everybody up to get into the other lane? Unfortunately he was going my way, as I would of loved to show him how far his 170 would get me. Not race - just show em a lesson.

Rant mode - OFF

Alexppp
Old 16 August 2007, 11:46 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

On my way into work today, a 30ish year old big nosed skinhead bloke came along side me at a set of lights in a Red Fiesta ST.
The poor lad even had the gay stripes on it and his back plate even said "2.0 ST" underneath the reg
The lights change and off he shoots - now I'm in the diesel so I just pootle off nice and slow as he revs off into the distance... I'm doing 65 in a 60 and he is off, off into the morning dawn.
1 mile down the road, the lights are just changing to green and he is queueing in the outside lane Nothing in the inside lane that I am in so I pootle past. He then swerves in behind me, tailgating
He turns off a few hundred yards later...
He must have felt he had something to prove... Bless... LOL at the white stripes It's like having a big sign on the car saying "driver with special needs approaching".

Im chilled out these days, a few years ago I would have slammed on and begun war
Old 16 August 2007, 12:33 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I always like to read stories like this but I see this type of driving every day. Thats why I leave the Impreza at home and pootle about in a Pug 106 diesel with a dent in virtually every panel.

Its amazing how much of a wide berth people give me in narrow streets .

Mind you on dual carriageways i'm carved up almost continually.
Old 17 August 2007, 02:14 PM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

I agree with you There are sem right ***** out there

Last edited by Andygreer; 17 August 2007 at 02:15 PM. Reason: ..
Old 17 August 2007, 02:26 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

What a tw@. I must admit I have seen a few 'lesser' cars driving like utter utter pillocks when I'm in my scoob... You have to wonder if they're just trying to show off to you? Either way I just ignore them as much as possible anyway...
Old 17 August 2007, 02:27 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Had some **** in a silver bugeye WRX come racing behind me a few weeks ago when I was in the Focus RS, he decided to sit about 2 inches from my backbumper, when the road opened up I put my foot down and pulled about 4car lengths on him before I had to slow down for some heavy traffic. Then the scooby decided to weave in and out of busy traffic just to get in front and shot off nearly hitting every car and making everyone slam the brakes.

Now I dont mind a quick tussle with a fast car when its safe to do so and no other cars about, but once it gets stupid like this **** in the silver scooby did then theres no point as it shows that he would risk his and others lives just to get a few cars in front.

Funny thing is ive seen the same car in a salvage yard not far from my house yesterday!!!!!
Old 17 August 2007, 05:24 PM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

a lot of this idiots in their ****ty cars do these sort of things becuase they have nothing to lose

Trending Topics

Old 17 August 2007, 09:15 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

When driving in traffic the fastest car has nothing to do with power or handling it relates to the risks that these ********* driving their ageing renaults are prepared to take.... my observation.
Old 17 August 2007, 10:48 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

had the same thind happened to me afew months back.......travelling down to play some poker on sunday nite (12am ) saw a MG rover ? with 3-4 young lads in it going the opposite direction !, we pass each other at Traffic light ...he then did a sudden U turn to chase me lol.
I was been cool as usual while he was tailgating me !......he eventually puck up the courage to over take me ......now at this point I looked around to see if there was any Police /or traffic about ....drop down a gear and was pass him in 2 sec.
I come to a stop at the next set of lights in the right-hand lane( car on the left lane ) . now by this point the MG rover has caught up behind me ( u can see in the mirror that he wanted a race ), so when the lights change to green
I put my foot firmly on the brakes (so he had nowhere to go lol )
look in the mirror to see him swearing at me .....then stick the car in 1st gear and blasted away ......that made my day

ps ..dont usually "race " on the road (done it on in my teens )...but sometimes u just have to show them what they are up against (traffic permitting )

Last edited by bighead; 17 August 2007 at 10:52 PM.
Old 18 August 2007, 12:45 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had some **** in a Civic Type R race right up behind me on New brighton Prom.. there are Kids and familes all around so I carried on at my steady 30mph and he over takes me between traffic islands... what a ****.. bet he got home and said hey mum your car beat a Scooby today ! ***** !!!

I've found I dont need to race anyone now, the only people I race from the lights are queue jumpers in Rep cars.. and I make sure I make them look silly!