ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

i love my scooby but...

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2007, 03:46 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i love my scooby but...

dont you find that once youve done one thing it highlights other areas that need improvement?

Ive just had the GRD stage 2 handling pack done, and althought not transforming into the forumla 1 car that i secretely hoped it would it dramitcally improved the whole driving experience of the car and if you own a standard newage i seriously recommend getting the changes done.

Anyway today was the first day i got to go out and seriously test the suspension (LOL) on roads that i knew. The car was great but it made me realise how huge the steering wheel was and how rubbish the seats are! Its like a HGV and im seriously considering getting one of those stick on handles tho turn it quicker. The seats, oh my word, i might as well be sitting in the back of a New York taxi. Then dont get me started on the brakes. The first 90% of pedal travel provides a constant 20% of the maxmium braking force. The last 10% is like thrown into a brick wall but with a bouncy leg as the abs kicks in. Is there something wrong there? I cant remember which pads are on but i know theyre not standard.

Oh and to top it all off im pretty sure the main thrust bearing is going in the gearbox as when its sitting there you can hear a small knocking noise in rythem with the engine till you depress the clutch. How much is that going to fix?

Apart from that, the car performed beautifully, quite happy with getting thumbs up from bikers and a porsche who was also out for a very early morning blast.