Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

On the hunt for my first scooby.

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2007, 09:35 PM
wraggy78
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the hunt for my first scooby.

Evening all, This is my first post on here having spent a while looking through.
I have wanted a Impreza for a number of years now but houses and family took priority.I am now fortunate enough to be able to start hunting around.
I have had a good look on the obvious sites etc and have seen a few nice lookers.The reason I have posted on here is that I do not really know a great deal about them and as its been a dream of mine for a long time I want to make sure I dont buy a pig.
Jap import or uk ??? wrx or sti ??? Type ra look fantastic.
If you could just respond with your views etc just to try and help me make the right choice.
I have seen a lovely Catalunya but it has 101,000 miles on the car is mint with fsh but mileage slightly putting me off. Should this be an issue.
Anyway any info you people can give me will be much appreciated
My budget is 5000 to include my insurance which is 750.
Cheers in advance
Carl
Old 23 September 2007, 09:50 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Hi Carl....

Import Scoobs will more be more to insure as only a few companies will touch them. In generall the import classis models are quicker and you get a few extra bits as well but this depends what you are comparing them to.

Standard STI will be quicker than a WRX and a WR1 will be quicker than both but remember the quicker the more cost in maintainance i.e. petrol, insurance etc...

Personally, I would not touch a car with more than 65k miles - don't rush on the first car you see. There should be a few scoobs out there....check out the auto trader website.
Old 23 September 2007, 09:50 PM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....

Hi Carl....

Import Scoobs will more be more to insure as only a few companies will touch them. In generall the import classis models are quicker and you get a few extra bits as well but this depends what you are comparing them to.

Standard STI will be quicker than a WRX and a WR1 will be quicker than both but remember the quicker the more cost in maintainance i.e. petrol, insurance etc...

Personally, I would not touch a car with more than 65k miles - don't rush on the first car you see. There should be a few scoobs out there....check out the auto trader website.