What do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2007, 04:05 PM
jason11
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do i do?

Hey fellas,
I bought an sti 1 month ago from a garage. they gave it a full service but it had just ran out of the subaru warranty. It's a 54 plate and just went to subaru dealer who said it will cost £380 for a 1 year warranty, but i've also got to take it to subaru to have a service with them that will cost £488!!! It has only just had a service and i aint got that kindda bread at the mo. These car are suppose to be soooo reliable, should i get the warranty and additional service or not????

Thanks
Jason
Old 24 September 2007, 04:17 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't bother myself. Mine has just run out. The car has run faultlessly. Just keep mainting it with 6m oil changes & yearly service.

Have had a couple of warranty issues though:

- 3 batteries
- All 4 shocks replaced (knocking)
- Dash rattle
Old 24 September 2007, 05:35 PM
Big_Papa_T
Scooby Regular

I'm with Gaz. I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty as long as you know that everything is spot on at the moment.

Have the shocks ever been replaced? These will cost quite a lot to put right if they develop the knocking problem.

Just remeber though that if its one of the major services you won't get much change from £488 no matter where its done.
Old 24 September 2007, 06:02 PM
jay knowles
Scooby Regular

Ive never had shocks on my 54 plate sti but if they do go ill use it as an excuse to go coil over shock.They are generally pretty robust and i personally wouldnt worry about a warrenty.Jay