ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Hawk Eye STI Optional Extras

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 02:37 PM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawk Eye STI Optional Extras

ive noticed a fair few of the special edition models (GB270, RB320) etc.. comming with stereo upgrades featuing satnav, ipod connectivity etc..

anybody know if this stuff is available for the normal STI ? ive looked on the subaru site for ICE accessories for the STI, but it just lists none available

i really fancy a decent OEM stereo upgrade, but i want mine in blue, and with PPP. And the RB320 doesnt come in blue and is horrendously expensive ..
Old 28 September 2007, 05:07 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Mate, if you want a stereo upgrade don't bother with the ridiculous upgrades that Subaru offer, go aftermarket...

I changed my headunit within the first 2 hours from driving it back from the garage 3-4 weeks ago, changed to a Kenwood DDX-7029, best thing I ever did. Really easy to install, even for a tool like me!!

G
Old 28 September 2007, 05:57 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Subaru themselve put "after market" equipment in their special/limited editions. I have a spec D and it has a Panasonic (I think) MP3 player and a SmartNav satnav kit. Obviously, Subaru just do a partnership with these companies for the edition.

So don't base your choice of car on ICE.
Old 28 September 2007, 10:38 PM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

ah

i was thinking it would be an OEM job built into the dash

not just a HU swap for something else.

I had my last car with aftermarket HU broken into. It didnt have the front on it, the car was parked outside my house under a street light with nothing on show

still got the old fascia kicking around somewhere but ever since then ive never fancied having an aftermarket HU. Because that day, nobody knew what one it was, they didnt know if it was £500's worth of alpine, or as it was, £80s worth of pioneer cheap mp3 unit. So if they can nick that without the fascia being on show, what else would somebody nick