ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Window shot out tonight........

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2007, 09:59 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window shot out tonight........

A bit over dramatic maybe but....... on they way home from work tonight i heard a noise that i can only describe as running over one of those plasic pop bottles,and they pop.... thought no more about it,picked my son up from school club and went over to fetch the wife from work,she got in the car and asked what happened to the osr quarter glass on my wagon..... i turned round and the window is shatered ... get out and have a look and there is a round circle mark three quarters of the way up the glass which was obviously the source of the impact,the only thing holding the bits of glass together is the window tinting film,at first i thought a stone might have been flicked up from a passing car,but sideways onto the glass to shatter it like that?? .Then someone else mentioned in passing it might have been kids with a air rifle perhaps... is this the latest trend to pass time or not? anyone else heard of this happening or is it possible that its just a stone thats caused the damage,though i dont think it would have been flicked up at the force needed to totally disintegrate the window like it has done..... had to put some emergancy glazing from work on to stop it all falling apart till i get i replaced,which brings me onto my next question..... does windscreen cover on insurance policys cover just the front windscreen or other glass on the car too? ill ring tommorrow but any advice appreciated,the £50 excess im sure is a lot less than a new glass to buy ...

Ive only just had the front end repaired after some dozy bint ran into it in july....... whats next ?
Old 03 October 2007, 10:03 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rigga
A bit over dramatic maybe but....... on they way home from work tonight i heard a noise that i can only describe as running over one of those plasic pop bottles,and they pop.... thought no more about it,picked my son up from school club and went over to fetch the wife from work,she got in the car and asked what happened to the osr quarter glass on my wagon..... i turned round and the window is shatered ... get out and have a look and there is a round circle mark three quarters of the way up the glass which was obviously the source of the impact,the only thing holding the bits of glass together is the window tinting film,at first i thought a stone might have been flicked up from a passing car,but sideways onto the glass to shatter it like that?? .Then someone else mentioned in passing it might have been kids with a air rifle perhaps... is this the latest trend to pass time or not? anyone else heard of this happening or is it possible that its just a stone thats caused the damage,though i dont think it would have been flicked up at the force needed to totally disintegrate the window like it has done..... had to put some emergancy glazing from work on to stop it all falling apart till i get i replaced,which brings me onto my next question..... does windscreen cover on insurance policys cover just the front windscreen or other glass on the car too? ill ring tommorrow but any advice appreciated,the £50 excess im sure is a lot less than a new glass to buy ...

Ive only just had the front end repaired after some dozy bint ran into it in july....... whats next ?

Pretty sure it's all glass mate.

I've had a rear screen replaced before with only the excess to pay.A few years ago mind but don't think anything's changed.