Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

someone please tell me this is repairable...

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2007, 08:50 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy someone please tell me this is repairable...

as per ******* usual i suffer from the worst of b4stard luck

blitz nur spec has just arrived in the post, via parcelforce 48.

but when i unwrapped the packaging, this is what i saw...

now im hoping the person who sold me it was totally honest and hasnt tried to fob me off with this like this, and it has been damaged in transit. no way is it going on the scoob looking like that.

is there any chance of someone being able to "beat it out" to be round again. i will settle for scratches and little dinks, but thats too much.

someone please offer me a yes, im nearly close to tears
Old 15 October 2007, 08:54 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you contacted the seller?? Judge their reaction.

was packaging good?

Then bung a claim in against ParcelForce - but act VERY QUICKLY!

Thats a real bummer ...... at the worst case take it to a panel beater/engineering workshop - they 'may' be able to heat it up enough to push a wooden shaper inside to sort it.

Good luck.
Old 15 October 2007, 08:56 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Thats done for surely!

As above, contact seller and Parcelforce asap.
Old 15 October 2007, 09:04 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

looks like some asbo postman kicked the asbo nur spec. btw im a metal worker by trade and its repairable although you should def go the compensation route first.
Old 15 October 2007, 11:33 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

If you make a claim then you will have to hold on to the packaging.
BTW Any signs of tears & rips on the wrapping - it may show where the blame lies.

nick
Old 15 October 2007, 11:50 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

bimey mate..... i feel for you...

might be a stainless company that can cut the pipe off and weld a new one on, but it wont be cheap.

doesn't look like crash damage, judging by the place its been hit, but you never know!!!

hope it gets sorted for you
Old 15 October 2007, 11:52 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Yep exactly mate, the packaging condition will surely let you know exactly if this all happened on route, could this damage happen when this was on a car ??
from what I see thepackaging that it was contained within when delivered would have been severly damaged itself.

Trending Topics

Old 15 October 2007, 11:57 AM
satancom
Scooby Regular

I would say accident damage to be honest. I have stuff delivered constantly in work, and most of its electronics etc. We get some kit thats been damage din trnsit but nothing to that extent..
Old 15 October 2007, 12:00 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Thats fooked! Get onto Parcelforce.. probably find its the sender that has to make the claim though.
Old 15 October 2007, 03:40 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

just called up and got the usual automated service. apparantly sender has to fill in a compensation form available at the post office and take it from there.

me... i want blood and im gonna play holy **** up now
Old 15 October 2007, 03:49 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

I'd be surprised if that happend on route !!!

Speak to the seller IMHO
Old 15 October 2007, 03:54 PM
Rubberscooby
Scooby Regular

Where did you get it from ? What was the packaging like ?
Old 15 October 2007, 03:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
I'd be surprised if that happend on route !!!

Speak to the seller IMHO

have done and they obviously deny anything. so im trying the compo route via parcelforce.

gonna go to a local exahust place and price up see how much it is to chop off tail pipe and weld another on.
Old 15 October 2007, 04:03 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rubberscooby
Where did you get it from ? What was the packaging like ?
packaging wasnt the best. the two pieces were taped together with fragile stamped tape, then covered in a bin liner, and taped together again with fragile stamped tape.

but where the tailpipe is, it looks as though someone afterwards has stuck the end of a cardboard box on and made a quick hash at covering it up with some brown postage tape.

i dont want it to get messy with the seller. basically i sent payment to the sellers friend, who in turn posted it for him. shes been polite etc via email, and i had/have her address somewhere, as i was originally gonna send a cheque.

so i dont think any dodgy business has gone on.

anyone any experiences with claiming back off parcelforce?
Old 15 October 2007, 04:12 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

That has had a hell of a bang! And not just one either by the look of it?! Can you imagine trying to do that to the tailpipe? How much force it would take? And to do that just by loading parcels onto a van really roughly, or some eager driving with things smashing around the back of the van.....I just don't think that much damage is possible is it!?

The problem with parcel force (and all other delivery companies) is that if you've signed for the delivery being recieved in good condition etc.....then.....well they're probably gonna tell you to bugger off if you try and claim anything cuz that happens to us at work all the time. We either un-wrap everything before we sign for it, or sign it as damaged before we open it.

Whatever happens mate, I hope you get it sorted

PS - Aren't Hayward & Scott meant to be pretty magical at repairing things?
Old 15 October 2007, 04:27 PM
Lateral Performance
Former Sponsor

You wouldn't try and straighten it, just cut the damaged tail off, and weld a new one on.

Mark.
Old 15 October 2007, 04:40 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

You wont be able to claim from PF as you have no contract with them, only the seller can claim. All PF deliveries are insured though, so the seller should be able to claim from them easily enough.

Any dispute over the damage isnt anything to do with PF from your side ( even if they did cause the damage in transit ) you will have to to deal with the seller - if they are a commercial seller then it will be much easier than if you bought it privately, although from the sound of the crap packaging it wasnt a shop you bought it from ?

The one problem I can foresee is that PF may come back to the seller and say the packaging wasnt good enough to protect the item, in which case they may not pay out - a couple of bin bags isnt really going to offer much protection to a thin metal tube that can be easily dented.
Old 15 October 2007, 04:52 PM
Flix
Scooby Regular

If you don't get any luck with the compo,Try Rebel Powerpipes to get it repaired. They used to be on NP Industrial estate but I think they've moved to Barton.
I'd get them to cut off the end and weld a new one on.It will be as good as new.
Old 15 October 2007, 05:05 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

chris, im one step ahead of you on that one. ive just been to barton to rebel power pipes. heard they have a good rep. but theyre closed for the day. something to do with that big funeral about the areoplane crash i believe.

im a little happier now, as closer inspection is only the tailpipe is dented, so if a half decent welder can cut and pop on a replacement tail piece il be happy enough. its a 4.5" bore as you know, so shouldnt pose too many problems. only thing is it has the nur spec stamp on it (tailpipe) so a new piece wont

but as long as the sound isnt affected, i dont car, it has the nur spec stamp on the underside of the backbox piece anyways, so no arguing its the real thing

gonna drive back through to rebel tomorrow and price it up. any ideas on how much it is to chop off a tailpiece and cut weld a new one on? cant be that much surely...
Old 15 October 2007, 05:20 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

if you get no joy getting it fixed i can have ago for you. shouldn't be that hard to fix has iam time served fabricator welder. just get in touch if you wont i doing.

mark
Old 15 October 2007, 05:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HUDDERS1
if you get no joy getting it fixed i can have ago for you. shouldn't be that hard to fix has iam time served fabricator welder. just get in touch if you wont i doing.

mark
appreciate that fella

only thing would be sourcing a 4.5" bore piece of stainless steel, and cutting it too shape
Old 15 October 2007, 06:04 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
appreciate that fella

only thing would be sourcing a 4.5" bore piece of stainless steel, and cutting it too shape
i can try and get a price for some 4.5" bore 304 2b ss frew work if you wont no prob to cut into shape.
Old 15 October 2007, 06:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HUDDERS1
i can try and get a price for some 4.5" bore 304 2b ss frew work if you wont no prob to cut into shape.
if you could. its 4.5" bore, dont think it tappers up or down. 6" long at the top, and 5 1/4" at the bottom of the tailpipe.

im gonna pop through to rebel tomorrow for a rough price to repair it, see if its extortionate, otherwise your welcome to have a go few ££ your way
Old 15 October 2007, 06:08 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

Damn, c_o_b, you have worse luck than me

Did you get the bung with the Blitz as that might help you reshape it?

I hope you get it sorted as I KNOW you will love the noise out of it
Old 15 October 2007, 06:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D-an-W
Damn, c_o_b, you have worse luck than me

Did you get the bung with the Blitz as that might help you reshape it?

I hope you get it sorted as I KNOW you will love the noise out of it

noop no bung, didnt want it anyways.... as long as the noise would be the same with the new weld on it, i dont care about the nur spec stamp on the tailpipe. its genuine, and has it underneath, just repaired. the noise it what i want...

thing is parcelforce only insure to £150, so i could in theory claim back for repair to the exhaust. but its a timescale thing, as im skint, ive already sold my current exhaut and im being payed for it tomorrow, so my mate wont wanna wait forever and a day...
Old 15 October 2007, 07:28 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Erm, I work for the Farce in question. When I pick things up I always note down if the packing is inadequate. Just picked up an exhaust system today that was wrapped in bubblewrap and Bin Bags, I would give it a 50% chance of arriving intact. The thing that people forget with posting is that for most of its journey, its in a 44tonne wagon, so if you happen to be at the bottom, things that arn't packed properley get broken or split.
If you are lucky, the collection driver hasn't noted the inadequate packing, and you may have a claim, but I honestly cant see how something could have caused that damage, as the most we carry is 30kgs.
Old 15 October 2007, 07:31 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Before I read all of that I have 1 company that I have total, utter faith in when it comes to bent to hell Nur Spec back boxes as I sent them one. Hayward & Scott. They were AMAZING and the backbox looked as good as new. The only thing you may lose is the imprint of the nur spec a bit/completely on the back pipe. Haven't read the posts above but been there, done that and the results were outstanding.

Ask to speak to Ian there and say you spoke to the guy with the black scoob with the custom sports cat he recently did, that loves them all as well as working wonders on his nur spec lol . I will go look for a pic to show you the damage I did before I sent it to them.

Last edited by Mr Footlong; 15 October 2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Would help if I actually nameed the company ;)
Old 15 October 2007, 07:45 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

I'll see your ding and raise you this:

That was caused by me being an inexperienced scoob driver 6 years ago, just having brand new discs and pads fitted by Len that afternoon and being told to go easy on them, losing my rag with a really nasty driver, losing the plot following him, spinning a full 720 on the A3/A31 entry towards Farnham, almost falling off the side of the hill quite possibly to my death and having the exhaust catch an I beam at the side of the road. Catching the double spin, the exhaust catching that I beam and a whole bucketload of luck got me out of that one. Suffice to say I improved my level of driving and learnt to listen to my mechanic!

Anyway, it went to H&S looking like that, was rolled out in under a day and the bung still just fitted in too! They really, really know their stuff and I can't recommend them enough specifically from seeing the end result with my own eyes. Hope this helps.

P.S. Sorry but I didn't take any pictures of the outstanding repair, but have had a look and found these of when it was on my second scoob. The buyer didn't even notice as the repair was that good:

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...t/100_0482.jpg
http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...t/100_0484.jpg
http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...t/100_0499.jpg
http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...t/100_0500.jpg

Last edited by Mr Footlong; 15 October 2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 15 October 2007, 07:56 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

I claimed off PF once for a projector weighing 27Kg.
I was the seller so I had to do the claim form. An inspector went to the buyers address and looked at the damage and the packaging and paid up without problem.
It looks like the box had been dropped on its corner.

nick
Old 16 October 2007, 06:32 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

only thing is, as the guy whos buying my other exhaust is paying today (need the money to cover my pruchase), i havent got a lot of time. hence why im gonna see if its repairable today. ive taken piccies of when it arrived, and have kept the packaging too.

but as i bought it outside of ebay and payed only via paypal, have i got a leg to stand on, whether it was damaged in transit, or the guy deliberatley sent it damaged hoping to fob me off?