rarrrr im friggin fuming

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2007, 03:03 PM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rarrrr im friggin fuming

you would'nt think it was so hard to get bits for your but it bloody well is

going back a couple of months now i bought an sti 6 spoiler from a seller on ebay (subaru_org_uk) and when it arrived i contacted them to know how displeased i was, the spoiler was advertised as "a perfect fit" and the bottom part of it was bowed that much that there was a 2" gap between it and the boot lid also the upper and lower halves did not match properly and the hole for the brake light is that big that the brake light just falls out

they said they wouldn't give my money back and couldn't give me a replacement as the one i had was the last one they had and this was the start of a lot of arguing and a lot of emails to paypal to try and get my money back

so this is all still up in the air and i want to get my car in the bodyshop and get it sorted so i thought instead of mucking about with copies i'd buy an orginal spoiler, so i got in contact with City Auto Salvage - Breakers of Japanese vehicles including Honda, Nissan and Toyota as they have lots of imprezas that they are breaking and i paid a bit more for the spoiler but it seemed worth it to get an original one

now this morning it turned up and RaRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR its a copy too and what makes it worse is that its from the same company i got the first one and its even from the same mold and fits just as badly, ive now contacted them and they wont refund my money as they said i asked for a spoiler and they sent me a spoiler

right about now im just about to explode and im sitting here nearly £400 out of pocket with 2 spoilers that are no good for anything

i would urge everyone to stay well clear of these people

Last edited by fastfu; 15 October 2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 15 October 2007, 03:18 PM
badgersport
Scooby Regular

3 words - Small claims court.

Just issue proceedings and see if they are confident enough to even try and defend it.
Old 15 October 2007, 03:24 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

never seen a replica sti5/6 spoiler that fits properly yet!
Old 15 October 2007, 04:07 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Holy crap Sticky, 14k posts
Old 15 October 2007, 04:17 PM
top_fuel
Scooby Regular

wow.... thats rough!... hope you get at least one part sorted... hows the email with paypal going?...they going to take any action?
Old 15 October 2007, 04:55 PM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

well it seems they have decided not to reply to paypals emails aswell so hopefully paypal will issue a refund soon
Old 15 October 2007, 04:59 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

I'm sure its been a costly PITA but if you're after a very good replica I'd strongly recommend DR Motorsport.

MY99

I hope you're able to sort out your issues too!

Regards and good luck

Esh
Old 15 October 2007, 05:30 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait for an original to turn up, then don't haggle on price, just go and buy it. I bought an original V5 from Grade A breakers for about £220 last year. I also have the top half of both a P1 and a V6, so I'm spoilt for choice!
Old 15 October 2007, 05:39 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Thats **** mate, you could also try Jap Performance Parts can see parts on website just have to order over phone
Old 15 October 2007, 05:40 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by badgersport
3 words - Small claims court.

Just issue proceedings and see if they are confident enough to even try and defend it.
Agree. Use http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ Very easy to do, and like badger says, just see how they pay up!
Old 15 October 2007, 06:05 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Under the Distance Selling Regulations you can return any new item bought mail order from a business for whatever reason you like ( can be because its crap, you just didnt like the colour, found a cheaper one somewhere else - doesnt matter as its none of the sellers business ).

The specfics will vary depending on what T&C the seller has ( these have to be advertised in advance of you buying ), you may have to pay to return it at your own cost, and they can deduct a reasonable restocking fee, but they cant refuse to let you return it as long as you contact them within a reasonable time ( normally 7 days ).

So if you havent left it too long, phone them up and tell them you are returning it under the DSR and will expect your refund - return it insured by courier so they cant claim they never received it. Once they have had it back, they will have 30 days to refund, if they still dont, then you can start a claim through the small claims court.

I would try using this first as if you just go straight to the small claims court you should win, but expect to wait up to a year to see any money back !
Old 15 October 2007, 06:12 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

As above, ive done this, the company soon gave me a credit for the value of goods...
Old 15 October 2007, 06:33 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

What Mike said...It has worked for me in the past. Good luck m8y I hope you get it all sorted out soon!